Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i bought this last night if any imp zoners want to do some multiplayer sometime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

whats a cool class to play? i picked warfare for my first tree, i was thinking either earth or storm for my second

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Kazvall posted:

You can select and undo your first and second class choice(as long as you don't spend any points). That way you can read all the poo poo. If you think a few skills will have synergy then they probably will. You can build your character any way you like as long as you're not going against the grain. I.E. going a melee build with strength and wondering why you nuke for nothing.

wait do melee characters not use strength? i was planning on putting points into STR and INT to go Warfare/Lightning or Spirit

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

Dream mixes with everything basically perfectly. Spirit has a good range of poo poo for casters and melee as well, and the pets own.

word, i'll keep that in mind...i don't get to pick a second one for awhile yet anyway i think

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

How about nature / warfare? I'd like some offensive spells but mostly self heals without taking defense and being pure melee

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

it's a good combo, the heal is great and you also get plague which is a huge debuff to enemies. pets also help split up the damage

cool, I was about to take it, but i noticed the heal is ambiguously worded and reads like it could just heal allies...if it self heals, than nature definitely looks like the way to go. i'm gonna do a dual-wield warfare focused on fast attacks combined with the buffs and heals from nature, i think that'd be cool

this game is surprisingly addictive. i picked it up back when it first came out, still have my disc, but i never got very far back then

ed; nvm about the talent wording for the heal i'm just dumb and misread it

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

rediscover posted:

Okay ya it pwns. The greek setting is really fresh & unique and I'm realizing how much I fucken hate imps in caves

yeah this game is really good, i love the bright areas and cool unique monsters. i just got further than i ever did when iw as 16 and it first came out and i'm digging it...got really lucky with two drops so now i'm dual wielding these

they blast bats and stuff like 30 feet away, lmao

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

so can you just set up a MP server and use your singleplayer character both on and offline? kinda wanna stab some harpies and pigs and stuff with other people

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i played up to the second waypoint just now. i went with hunter as my main, which may have been a mistake, but the skills seemed pretty cool. when do i get a secondary profession? i need to think about what would compliment my quick ranged stuff...

level 8 is when you can pick out a second one, and i've read online that Dream compliments hunter really well (as a haruspex?). i was gonna go a spear hunter with nature at first which also seems like it'd be good

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i read online you eventually get 1 respec (just the points in your chosen areas) but i dunno when so i say be careful with ur points.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

TeenageArchipelago posted:

should I be holding onto all of these green items I keep getting that require a level 30 character to use when I am not even level 10?

sell em something better will come along, unless it's like EXACTLY what you want. though i'm only level 12 so ymmv

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

how the gently caress are you guys getting these drops? i played for like 3 hours and got all white dog poo poo that takes 400 clicks to figure out if it's slightly better than the lovely club i was already holding

this game is losing me.

sounds like you're just having really terrible luck, though i got both of my really good hammers from named mobs taht were the goal of sidequests. also don't forget to run into every cave / tomb you see, i got some good stuff by opening the dozens of sepulchres outside the Spartan camp and stuff

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

my only problem with this game is how long it seems to take to level up, generally.....played for 5 hours and im level 12, which seems a little longer than diablo. it's not too bad tho

Sharkopath posted:

it wont help much with the bad luck but you can hit 'x' and the game filters out anything thats not a yellow at least

saves you time

a autopicks up any talismans, gold, or potions

e and r are energy and health potion autouse

also as far as i can tell you cannot rebind these. i keep accidentally hitting E instead of W when i'm trying to pull out my bow

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

just got to Apollo's Temple in delphi and there is a person there who lets you reallocate skill points for gold. i'm level 13 so its pretty early

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

ran into a lame bug. i went to delphi before collecting the sacred olive branch for the side quest, and now i can't present the olive branch at the temple of apollo. apparently this just happens sometimes and theres no way around it

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

so for Warfare/Nature I should largely be investing in Strength and Intelligence right? Or does dex have some bearing on dual-wielding? also, should i give up hope of using a bow in a useful way and just use my alt weapon set for a defensive shield thing?

i'm doing pretty good but i get owned by heroic monsters every once in awhile and i'm not sure whether its better to run around and drink potions/self heal like i have been, or switch to a shield

ed: also i'm not entirely sure what the dual wielding ability description means

"Learn to effectively dual wield weapons. 22% chance to be used."

does that mean that like 1/4th of my attacks are double damage? i seem to hit more than that

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 6, 2016

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

the dual wield chance is a chance to strike with both weapons very quickly, you see it come out every now and then

ah, okay. so i'm usually alternating weapons, but i have a 22% chance to hit with both. i'm actually liking this build, with high strength/dex and a cool wolf i've been double hammering through stuff with that warfare stacking buff attack. i'd like a few more active spells and stuff, but if i put some more points in the nature tree down the way, i guess i'll get a few. the poison stuff looks good

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

that happens to me whenever I die and sometimes when I teleport on a 960

anyway so I'm curious am I doing something wrong, build-wise, or is running around popping potions a good way to deal with heroic mobs in this game? cus if i stand still and smack them they tend to ruin my poo poo

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

right after i made that post i started getting the same problem in some caves. seems to be area specific for me

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Wormskull posted:

That's just playing Diablo 2 style games before people decided potion spam was boring. Plus it's essentially a single player RPG so if you can make a completely lovely build its more the game's fault than yours imo.

ah, word. it's not that bothersome now that i have a healing spell but since i've only really played diablo III and torchlight II i thought maybe i was doing something fundamentally wrong, like not investing enough in defensive stuff

think i'm gonna try to stack dodge and physical resist by investing in warfare to add to my longevity. i wish i had a few abilities to use though, it'd be nice to get some AOE attacks going

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

rediscover posted:

I'm starting to feel like warfare/nature wasn't the best choice... does it get better

level up your wolf, i have two wolves now and tehy're actually sorta useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

id be interested in making a server tonight around 6:00pm est

• Locked thread