Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Titan Quest is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played Hunter alst time I played this game and thought it was really boring. Glad I fixed my mistake by picking Pyromancer instead

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Playing this just made me want to try Grim Dawn again

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

It's just doing a weird hitching thing where is slows Down and the next second it's like fast forwarding

You might have some hosed up settings cuz I got the same card and it works fine.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll try Storm next I guess. Earth has some obviously really strong spells but all I have now is my auto boost aura and the really lovely fireball spell., and I'm not exactly engaged by it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you still want to play I'm down. I'll be home soon.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah idk why ARPGs insist on the boring lovely early games. It's never been fun in any of them

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sector_corrector posted:

a lot of them seem to be designed around MMORPG ideas of progression

Which is retarded because 90% of the modern ones dont even have a 'loot economy' like diablo 2 did. PoE is the big glaring exception I guess. I don't even know enough people who like ARPGs to play a duo game, let alone a full party.

Bobnumerotres posted:

its amazing how much better TQ becomes when you just double/triple the mobs. more stuff, levels come faster

I thought most of the spawns in this game, at least in the early part, were static. Is there a mod or something

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PoE hasn't sucked me in long-term just like any other ARPG even though I really like ARPGs, because the loot and currency rate is way too low IMO. I could just play Standard where all the cool uniques are insanely cheap, but why the gently caress would I want to do that. The base game is kind of boring and I like how unpredictable the league modifiers can make things.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to make an Ice Spear character because they literally gave it like a 70% buff or something

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

im having a lot of fun with the ice cleave thing and the frost bomb is epic. the new season also has what are essentially bonus alchemy orbs But Better so you can get decked out in rares very easily

It might be my favorite league mechanic yet even tho I haven't really put any time into it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

why does every arpg start you with an extremely low movespeed.. even in diablo 3 when you cap out at 25% it feels super slow

At least PoE gives you quicksilver flasks really early

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazvall posted:

Tip: a lot of quest mobs are tethered to their area. Meaning, they will attempt to run back to their spawn. You can exploit this to great success. I know because certain mobs were extremely hard until I tried this with ranged attacks.

Please game with honor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a discord channel but that's about it. It's also full of virulent AIDS because Plutonis posts there

• Locked thread