Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
So what's the deal with the cost of pretty essential medical treatment items (epipens, insulin, certain medicines) suddenly surging over the last two weeks? Haven't been keeping up much. Is it just a Shkreli thing where outside people are coming in, buying the rights to this stuff and jacking the price up because Congress allows them too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Lightning Knight posted:

It's not a sudden thing, it's been happening for decades. Private healthcare, at every level - from pharmaceuticals to the payment system to the doctors themselves - is ethically bankrupt and full to the brim with moral hazards that economically incentivize people to literally corner dying people on drugs and treatment they 100% need in order to turn a greater profit. Until we kill for-profit medical care we'll continue to have problems like this.

So what's the solution to for-profit medical care? Putting it all under the government? And can't most of these drugs be imported from Europe or are the high profile ones (namely the insulin and the epi-pens) only made by the specific companies that are jacking the prices up?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I would listen to the radio except in my area there are four radio stations, two of them play country 24/7, one plays Christian rock, one plays jazz and classical in between christian shirt stories about people being saved because they prayed a bunch

Thank god for the invention of the Internet and radio broadcasts being put on it

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ComradeCosmobot posted:

So it turns out that if you've ever clicked through that "Non Disclosure Agreement" so you can volunteer for Trump, you've agreed to never say a bad word about Trump, any member of his family, his businesses or his family's businesses for the rest of your life.

Don't these kinds of agreements usually get thrown out of court if they do get taken to that stage?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Holy poo poo what a mess

When are the debates?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

Oh she doesn't have a chance in hell of making the debates. Even facing a candidate that progressives loving hate she can't draw more than Harambe.

I meant like literally when are the presidential debates but I just decided to Google it instead, September 26th is the first one

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

I didn't say it wouldn't be a pathetic attempt at deflection.

I WARNED YALL

https://twitter.com/ReutersPolitics/status/771763397625057280

The discussion on this topic should have been closed at the max a month after Comey gave his statement why do people still give a poo poo

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

How much do name changes cost these days?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Dick Trauma posted:

This is a better fate than those goddamn Blackberrys deserved.

I feel like every time you see or hear the word blackberry your heart rate jumps by at least 20bpm, confirm/deny

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

If you think the NYT is a good source on this story, see if you can find the lie here

https://twitter.com/TheFix/status/771770659911368704

Read footnotes loving idiots!!!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Was the car not letting him brake or something?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

fishmech posted:

The dude's car was found by the police with a video still playing, so he was apparently paying attention to that, rather than the huge truck crossing in front of him.

No indication he tried to break. Tesla blames it on "well the side of the truck was white so it couldn't be detected against a bright sky". Seems like you'd want your self-driving system to be able to detect the most common color of truck, but whatever.

Doesn't tesla also have a pretty huge disclaimer with those cars that you still have to pay attention and that the car isn't completely autonomous? Like people being irresponsible drivers doesn't seem like their fault

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

Have we considered that making expensive cars that kill the drivers is just a really effective plan to cull the top in the leadup to the glorious people's revolution?

The 99% shall become the mighty 100%!!!!!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
To the person earlier today wondering how long people were going to look at Hillary having a couging fit at her speech today, 6th most upvoted post on reddit atm is from the Trumple circlejerk center stage and this is it's title:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Wasn't the issue with Gawker is that they didn't honor a DMCA claim on the Hogan sex-tape and then they proceeded to write actual false stuff about Hogan? I don't see how Ailes has a case here but then again all I'm going off of is this article.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Clinton's last words were "Check out all the jet fuel I can drink."

JET FUEL JUICE (GONE WRONG)

shrike82 posted:

lol at all the denials about clinton being in bad health with this pneumonia thing coming out now

the pneumonia thing has been recent. Like, really recent from what I can tell. That coughing fit from last week is probably around where it started. The Clinton Health people have been going on about it for months.to get metaphorical, just because the tectonic plates of the world shifted and created a new foothold in the cliff doesn't mean that climb is gonna happen

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Are you guys seriously still arguing that Clinton is in the prime of health and perfectly fine? She has pneumonia, that is an illness. I know we all don't want anything to help Trump, but can we please please please all agree that someone who currently has the flu is sick?

Yes they are sick at that moment but their overall health is generally fine. Once the pneumonia passes we'll have spazzy hillbot 9000 back and all will be just as it was

aventari posted:

"Everyone healthy gets pneumonia, has coughing fits, and passes out occasionally, why would anyone ever need to know that?"

--This thread

As someone who has had pneumonia, yes, anyone healthy can get pneumonia, a lung infection, that causes coughing fits and shortness of breath and when combined with heat exhaustion and dehydration, leads to passing out when all of those specific boxes are ticked. But relevant information and facts don't seem to be to high on your list of "Things to evaluate before posting" chart.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

aventari posted:

Luna was here, cleared to be president
when im elected im gonna be sworn in with this in the background
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaKboBl8Pk8

requesting wordfilter for Breitbart to Breitfart

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

The Rokstar posted:

Ace Attorney 6 came out this week and SMT4 Apocalypse comes out on the 20th. November seems like the distant future right now at least as far as game releases are concerned.

(Anything to get my mind off this election cycle is most welcomed as far as I'm concerned.)

SMT4A is a preview of the end result of this election cycle
now which candidate is law and which candidate is chaos

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Trump JR. as to why Trump SR wont release tax returns: people would look at them

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Electing Trump would not be the end of the world, that's just hyperbole. It would, however, be pretty loving awful if he even got to do 10% of the things he has said he will do when he is elected president. So no, not end of the world type material, but definitely detrimental to a number of people in the nation.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

alright, same exact question, same exact demographics, but with trump this time

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

emdash posted:

27 honest, 68 dishonest

e: I should mention also that 78% of 18-34s polled think Trump is unqualified

Well, I mean at least you can look at Trump and go "yeah he probably means all the poo poo he says" no matter how bigoted and sexist it all is.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
a fun little animation of Hillary passing out a few days ago

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

emdash posted:

tinder/grindr (or whatever it's called) are geared much older than snapchat, which I'm pretty sure is mainly popular with like 15-22

I'd say snapchats age demographic ends in the low 30s, I know plenty of people who use the app and it's around that age that people start going "snapwhat?"

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

lozzle posted:

I'm honestly surprised this isn't more of a thing. The idiots over at r/The_Dolan are definitely stupid enough to try something like this.

Then again most of them are 12 years old so I guess it makes sense.

I don't think those guys are candidates for terrorism however the readers of r/the_donald are candidates to be the first subreddit to fall victim to multiple PayPal scams ran by mods who then peace out from the internet

The latest scam involves a supposed super PAC that hasn't filed any legal documentation but is already accepting donations

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Who is the SSB 'superstar' who crashes at people's houses and cums all over their furniture? He also got trapped in Japan with no money. Mew something.

I believe your thinking of Mew2King who looks exactly like what your mental image of "professional smash bros player" probably is

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Goatman Sacks posted:

Competitive Starcraft is pretty good (for a dead game).

The DotA scene is also pretty healthy if you don't look at the only two outliers of the scene

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

canepazzo posted:

Trump "wins" first debate 36 hours before it starts:

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/780072171339120641

Wait, that lady runs the thing that sets up our presidential debates, right? What the fuuuuuuuuck?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Rincewinds posted:

There are plenty of rumors that Trump is not even practicing, that's sets the bar as low as possible, while he probably have been practicing, if not on policy, then on how to appear to act reasonable and keeping relatively calm. Being an expert conman, he will give broad, fluffy answers that are appealing but without any substance, and refuse to engage Clinton if she wants any details on his supposed solutions, claiming that his solution is sensible and fair, while harping on Clinton going to either weaken and bankrupt USA, with the moderator nodding along, keeping track of time.

After the debate, people going to say that Trump exceeded their expectations, which to say he didn't call Hillary a oval office, and he came off as relatable and presidential, while Hillary was cold and distant, ending with Trump campaign proclaiming that Trump was able to match a career politician who been preparing for months whilst he been on the road talking to actual people, showing that Trump is not only able to match his opposition but at the same time listen to the common (white) man.

Trump is then going to cancel the future debates, stating that he wants to talk and listen to real americans, to create policies to make America great again, not spending his time being attacked by liberal media and Hillary, and spend the rest of the campaign as the "winner", harping on that Hillary could not trump (heh) him when she had the chance.

I hope that I am completely wrong and Trump lose it at stage, but.. :suicide:

the only way Trump or his fanbase consider this a loss is if he shoots Hillary on stage and goes to jail. Him being literally a murderer is what I think would have to come out for him to become completely unelectable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

trump has survived at least fifty things that would've tanked anyone else's campaign. i think the only thing that could do him in is the release of his tax returns.

I have a question, what's the big deal with tax returns? Like what would that even do?

• Locked thread