Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Republicans aren't stupid enough to shutdown government a month before the election, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

CelestialScribe posted:

I've already done this. New poll today shows Hillary barely up in PA.

This one?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/01/politics/presidential-poll-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-election/

Hillary up 7.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

loving lol if they think any of these people represent students or millenials.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Josef bugman posted:

So, how the gently caress are people supposed to deal with the whole "end of work" thing? Like I have a BA and I know that isn't going to be good enough to get me a "fantastic" job anymore. I personally wouldn't mind having to work less and less, but with less money being around for workers, and more being focussed in capital doesn't this just end up with thousands not working "a job" but working different ones in order to keep themselves afloat?

Does this mean that we're just at the mercy of capital forever? gently caress, no wonder people are mad.

Mincome, eventually. There is enough money to go around to support everyone, but it would involve restructuring a lot of the economic systems we're used to. Realizing people have value solely by being people, and not by how much money they make or what they do, would be a first start, but even that feels like it's a long way away.

By the way, there was a study at Oxford a few years ago analyzing how likely jobs were to be automated. The tl;dr is jobs that involve creativity and working directly with people are least likely to go away.
http://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/downloads/academic/The_Future_of_Employment.pdf

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Truck driving is a low skill position, but it's not a no skill position. No skill positions are painting lines on the roads, which will increase dramatically once self driving cars become available.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

woke wedding drone posted:

Then I guess the average person doesn't deserve to keep their head on their shoulders.

Unironically correct.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I'm surprised Trump's comments about leaving with Iraq's oil haven't been getting more play. In the run up to the war, there was always the sneaking suspicion that Bush and Cheney invaded so that they and their oil buddies could get rich, but it was never proven. Trump is straight up advocating for war as a means to making the country rich.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

hiddenriverninja posted:

I've been seeing this "22 for 22" thing pop up on social media where people do pushups or burpees or something to promote awareness about veteran suicides. Maybe that's where he got it from?

22 military suicides a day was from a report released in 2013. It is where the 22 pushup thing came from. The VA revised that number to 20 in July.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Lemming posted:

Sheriff law

sharia-ff law

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Hoo boy will this be the thing that finally puts Donald Trump over 43% in the polls.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

If this gets Donald trump elected, it will be easily the worst 9/11 in history.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Toothy McBeard posted:

Has this place always been so full of unfunny spam and memes?

Yes but usually it's people talking about guns or trains or eugenics.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I doesn't say anywhere in the Constitution that dead people cant be presidents.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Radish posted:

It's really cool that white racists are trying to make bigot and racist into insults only they can use because "only minorities can be racist against whites."

They're taking back the word bigot.

What's up mah bigga?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

What the gently caress is a 'bias attack'? Just say hate crime for gently caress's sake.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

theflyingorc posted:

We're probably about two weeks out from a person wearing that shirt dropping N-bombs on camera, which should be fun.

Hard to believe. Do you really think Donald Trump will wear a Deplorables shirt on camera?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

he may have been locked up in a padded room, but at least he isnt dead, like hillary clinton

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

That 'big' Newsweek story was seriously underwhelming.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Is anyone keeping a running tally of times Trump or Trump surrogates have hinted Hillary should be killed? It's unbelievable that it's >0, but lol nothing matters

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christopher-lamb/mike-pence-opposes-word-vice_b_12029434.html

quote:

Pence was then asked if he considered it hypocritical to claim he was a Christian but refuse to allow desperate refugees to seek sanctuary in his state.

“Absolutely not,” Pence said. “If the Syrian refugees were Christian, we would help them.”

Read the whole thing. It's full of quotes just like this.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Everything is this election is satire.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

GalacticAcid posted:

Yes it's fake.

Actually, it's a real article.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

We're going to build a kaiju wall, and the kaiju WILL pay for it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

computer parts posted:

High margin of errors are fun

That's part of it, but also no one can agrees on whether to poll 4 way or 2 way, registered voters or likely voters, or even what likely voter means. It's creating a lot of noise.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol "oh no 40k people watching the stream!" Meanwhile freaking DOTA 2 tournaments get up to half a million viewers on a regular basis.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

What would have if the government was shut down for the election? Like, who counts the votes? Does Obama remain president?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Luigi Thirty posted:

Canada's favorables nationally are +72
Obummer and Mexico are tied at +12
Trump is at -33

Hilldawg's at -12

If you want Justin Trudeau, you can have him.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

lozzle posted:

"Less than lethal" has never meant "nonlethal." (though it is sometimes called "nonlethal" by dummies)

Nonlethal was the preferred term for it before people realized tasers could cause heart attacks, tear gas canisters could crack your sternum, and anything that would knock you down could cause you to crack your skull on the pavement. Less than lethal is a fairly new phrase.

RealityWarCriminal fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Sep 22, 2016

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Weapons manufacturers would never lie about something like that.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

This was the man shot by police during the protest right? I'm having trouble keeping track of all the shootings this week.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Heck, this "doobie" could have been laced with PCP.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Hamelekim posted:

I've never taken one either. It's always seemed so narcissistic that you have to put yourself in every photo you take.

Fun fact: Selfie in French is égoportrait. Tells you all you need to know about it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

When you think about it, Trump and Clinton have 99.5% identical DNA, so are they really that different?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

DemeaninDemon posted:

Did she catch them all?

Hillary stored classified Pokemon on Bill's PC. No not that Bill.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

My one hope for tonight is that the Spin Room catches fire, killing everyone.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I hope you all learned a valuable lesson about arzying.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Endorph posted:

people keep bringing up the harambe thing like it actually matters but it's just people expressing dissatisfaction with both candidates by appropriating a meme. Nobody is going to pull the lever for Harambe. Harambe will not have an actual impact on this election.

Only because he's not on the ballot this year #Harambe2020

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

You guys are missing the important part. Conway and Bannon took Trump from ~15% chance to win on RCP to ~40% chance to win, and they're being dumped because it might hurt Trump's business. Does this sound like a man who really wants to be president?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Radish posted:

Christie's debate prep for Hillary:

At first glance, I thought Christie was cosplaying at a Star Trek convention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

They should just pass a law saying no US citizen can be sued by a foreign government. That oughtta do it. The US dictates internation law, right?

• Locked thread