Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Luigi Thirty posted:

I agree. Once all middle-aged white people die off the country will fix itself.
t:mad: Hey, I'm one of the good ones!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/jyarow/status/775422959435513856

Guys we need to brainstorm a good word for this water related scandal
"Hillary's hydrophobia"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FairGame posted:

You really don't need to worry about this. If Hillary Clinton wins, it's almost guaranteed she gets 50 senate seats at which point she can ram through whoever she drat well pleases.

In the unlikely event that she wins but only gets 49, I'm sure Susan Collins or someone who's not totally batshit would go ahead and get things over the hump.
Other than Collins, who are some of the non-batshit GOP senators left? Snowe retired, right?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

canepazzo posted:

Something's come up with *his* medical, hasn't it?

Well TBH syphilis would explain a whole lot...

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Evil Fluffy posted:

Being forced to do so by an 8-0 SCOTUS ruling would only embolden them even more to cause problems for Clinton. Like she's going to come in to office, and leave office, with a House that is openly hostile to her and will probably prioritize investigating her over actually doing their jobs.
Soooo...pretty much Congress prior to her election?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Either Bill or Obama would be making Trump cry by now.
Personally I'm waiting for the first debate. Of course if Donald doesn't poo poo himself on stage or try to throttle her it will be considered a win for him, but :abuela: kept her composure through an 11-hour bullshit hearing. She's an attorney, even if she hasn't practiced for a long time. Going on the (admittedly large) assumption that the moderator learned something about the Lauer debacle and makes Trump actually answer questions presented to him he's going to be very unhappy.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Goddamnit I was going to make this joke.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

mcmagic posted:

Yeah. If they want to stop Trump they should vote for Clinton. Period.
Eh, if enough of them don't vote for Trump and divvy it up between Johnson and McMullan they're effectively doing the same thing as "everyone who's not Mormon" is probably voting for Hilary. Salt Lake actually went for Obama in the last 2 elections.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Popular Thug Drink posted:

emdash wants off Mr. Trump's Wild Ride !!!!
Now I kinda want to boot up Roller Coaster Tycoon and make a thing where the end of the ride is flying off unfinished tracks and crashing into a burning building.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

i didnt say that. thats why you have a constitution that guarantees unalienable rights for everyone. On the real, i really despise the whole white nationalist angle trump is pushing but on the other hand clinton has arguably said more racist poo poo and has actually passed or supported legislation that hosed minorities over time and time again so it is what it is
[citation needed]

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Deified Data posted:

Rocky Anderson was actually my #1 pick back then but he didn't make it on my state's ballot, even as a write-in. I still hold him in esteem today, even if I wouldn't vote for him.
I got to vote for him! As mayor of SLC

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Well I mean after the southern strategy flipped the parties
All of those Blue Dog assholes that prevented anything worth a poo poo getting passed in Congress?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Necc0 posted:

have any of the right-wing paranoids realized that both he and evilweasel were members here :tinfoil:
You mean Vilerat? Evilweasel is still a live member here (well, last I checked :ohdear: ). Vilerat is Sean Smith, the State Dept. guy killed in Benghazi.

e: goddamnit and I refreshed, too! :argh:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Radish posted:

I hope that the Trump Kidz are ruining the brand so that only KKK members buy their poo poo when this is all done.
I'm picturing a bunch of MAGA swag that they try to dump on 3rd world countries on Nov 9th, like [sports team] Winner Superbowl CVIIX for the losing team.

Except even naked refugees in Africa refuse to wear them.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Combed Thunderclap posted:

A giant douche is just what this country needs to get these enormous turds out of our system. :patriot:
That's an enema :argh:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

As I've gotten older though, my major opinion on 70's music is that funk is the only redeemable genre of the decade.
Disco rules :colbert:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Aerox posted:

Get ready to Arzy -- Reddit's figured out how Trump can crush Hillary in the upcoming debate.

:ohdear:

Please do this :pray: It would be like losing a game of basketball to prime-of-his-life Muhammad Ali and then going "well I'm not good at basketball, let's fight!"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

vyelkin posted:

My guess is random Clinton staffer whose job on Monday was to go to the venue ahead of her arrival and make sure everything was in order, so of course he's there to greet her when she arrives to give her a report on what's going on. And tbh it makes a lot of sense to pick up your candidate's notes right after the debate because you don't want the other campaign to know anything, not even what Clinton's scribbling down while Donald talks.
"gently caress this guy"
"what a huge rear end in a top hat"
"need milk & bread"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I guess I'm an old who doesn't pay attention enough but what's "corncob" translate to in :corsair: speak? Due to it's similarity I'm reading it as cornholing.

Probably because they're loving idiots.

e: well that's a page snipe :v:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

iospace posted:

Tl;dr:
https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561
or, someone getting absolutely owned and in complete denial about it.
Thank you. Wint is a treasure, a candle-collecting treasure.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Guys, I don't think it really matters if Trump doesn't concede or doesn't "accept" the results of the election. It's like a football game, at the end Blue Team wins by 25 points, and Red Team sits there on the field crying "We don't accept this, we won!" and the score still doesn't change and the refs go home and the crowd leaves and they turn off the lights. Remember what happened to Romney? He was planning on riding out of there in a limo, and instead the he ended up getting a ride from one of his kids and the Secret Service hosed off back to Washington and that would have happened if he never came out of his little dressing room.

And knowing Trump he'll have security throw everyone out of the ballroom at whichever Trump hotel they're having his thing in and sulk. His mouthbreathing supporters aren't going to revolt or riot as they're all a bunch of loving cowards. Yeah, maybe a couple will do dumb poo poo, but a couple did dumb poo poo after Romney lost. This is a weird thing to freak out over.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

socialsecurity posted:

It does as he has been encouraging a "second amendment solution" and has a crazed gun toting base. One side rejecting election results has let to multiple assassinations in our history.
The Republican Party isn't going to reject the election results. Its brand is hosed enough as it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pakled posted:

It's a bit different here because if Trump pushes some "the election was rigged" narrative hard, then who knows what could happen. We might see nothing. We might get a few Malheur-type situations that quickly get settled. We might see sporadic violence by Trump supporters. We might see opportunistic Republicans jumping on Trump's accusations as an excuse to call into question the legitimacy of the Clinton Presidency and hold dozens of Congressional investigations on it for the sole purpose of keeping it in the news, just like every other Clinton scandal.
No, again, the Republican Party is going to pretend they didn't run the most laughingstock candidate in US history for POTUS and they're going to STFU very hard. Will there be stupid Congressional committees investigating bullshit accusations? Possibly. But they're not going to touch the election with a fifty-foot pole. The only reason they're not already screaming what a useless fuckup they've nominated is is because they still need someone to show up at the polls and vote for them. Expect to see a whole lot of "well I never liked him" poo poo on Nov 9th.

• Locked thread