Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

muscles like this? posted:

Thing I want from this season: less Felicity subplots. It really got out of hand last season.

Resurrect Laurel and kill off Felicity.

We've got this Flashpoint just sitting around, we could make it happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Proposition Joe posted:

This season is going to be horrible I am going to watch every episode.

no don't you'll just encourage them

noooooooooooo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Flashpoint is going to make this season even more of a dumpster fire than it already is and it's fantastic.

It's even better if Flashpoint Ollie and Laurel are a happy couple and Laurel's dead again after it's undone. I would laugh and laugh and laugh.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

haaahahahahahaha holy shiiiiiiiiiiit

Well, at least it's not just us!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sir Potato posted:

Dolph Lundgren, Cutty, Stardust, Murder Ollie, Bratva. I hope beyond hope that this season lives up to the hype I have for it right now.

How many times are we going to have to do this before we learn :eng99:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

They said they'll just stop.

hopefully they mean the show

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I kid, I kid. I want this show to get better.

I also want them to put it out of its misery if we get another season like the back half of 3 and 4.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bad Moon posted:

My Commodore 64 was awesome as a kid gently caress you Crisco :mad:

Same, don't you talk poo poo about my C64. That's the one thing that can break us up Cisco, don't do it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
So did they fix this season?

*checks thread*

Okay cool, no. I'll check back around the midpoint of the season. Good luck and godspeed, the rest of you.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sir Potato posted:

Let's be honest, though, this thread would have about 5 posters in it total if that did happen.

I thought the premiere was very good. Actually pretty fun and better than I hoped it would be. Where's my Dolph, though?

Sorry he lost a match against the Miz and retired

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pee out my butt posted:

They're going to do some Infinite Crisis bullshit and use it as an excuse to bring back Laurel.

If this happens I'll come back to the show, and not a moment before. :colbert:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

He's not joking. Though it's Flashpoint bullshit.

Flashpoint done gone undid. Unless Arrow is still back on Timeline #2 or whatever, if Laurel comes back, it's for good.

If they give her the Black Siren CGI effect and a similar (comparatively) subdued costume I will be back on this poo poo like yesterday.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

EricFate posted:

Nope.

It is stupid fun, with a heavy emphasis on stupid. The stories rarely make any sense at all, and contribute nothing which will help you fill in any gaps in understanding of the overall plot of any of the other shows. You can safely skip it if you aren't into Wentworth Miller or Caity Lotz.

Also, this week they set some nazis on fire.

If that doesn't sell you immediately then no, this is not the show for you.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hey, guys? Um, I think Flashpoint may have affected more than we thought.

I've been looking through the posts in this thread, and apparently I quit watching this season? I definitely remember watching the episodes so far. Barry might have hosed up worse than we thought :ohdear:

Seriously though confirmed they're bringing Laurel back in some form, I'm back on board :shobon:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

The fake Canary from last season is going to be Artemis, not Black Siren.

Well yeah, but they've already flat announced Laurel's back, and we've already hit the reset button from Flashpoint.

If they kill her off again though I will laugh and laugh.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

Oil...icity...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ouhei posted:

Speaking of Felicity, the queen of "no secrets, ever" is certainly doing a band up job of keeping her own. She has a boyfriend that either lives in Oliver's old loft or at least has a key, that from what I can gather from the episodes, no one knows about. Secret boyfriend doesn't know what she does with her spare time (is it even spare time at this point?). She's hiding some sort of illness/pregnancy/something from Oliver/everyone based on the weird stairs moment at the end of the episode.

Felicity Smoak, huge hypocrite? Why I never!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

WarLocke posted:

This is your pitch?

How about "This week while most of the team was trying to keep Louis XVI from being murdersassinated by laser-gun-armed Inquisition-type dudes, Sara Lance was busy seducing Louis' soon-to-be wife"

They. Set. Nazis. On. Fire.

gently caress yes that's my pitch.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
My vote is that Felicity's chip is failing and she'll eventually be back in the wheelchair.

Anyway that was neat! Glad I gave the show another chance, though if the pattern holds I should check out after the midpoint. Also, I was way more amused by THEA QUEEN, ACTION MAYORAL ADVISOR hopping around the rooftops in plain clothes than I should've been.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I loved Rag Man's reaction to Felicity. No drama, no sobbing, just :stare: in disbelief and walk away.

I really hope this doesn't escalate buuuuut CW.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Lord Bude posted:

I really like ragman. He's so hilariously adorable. I really hope they don't go for angst and drama between him and Felicity.

"Felicity, I'm... displeased."
"oh god no, Oliver, he's going to kill me"
"What? No, I just want to yell at you a bit"
"Then why are you doing the spooky voice"
":sigh:"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I didn't love Curtis' Terrific look but I assume its still a work in progress. He's still gotta work in those T-Spheres from last season/the comics. The actor will obviously never look exactly like the comic character and I have to get past that, but I like the TV and comic characters enough to do it.

What is there left to do on his costume? It's literally the same as the comics, right down to FAIR PLAY on the sleeves.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

According to Wikipedia, the reason he doesn't get hurt is the rags are full of the souls of evil people, and the souls take damage instead of him.

Holy poo poo. :black101:

I'd like to see him explain that to Oliver. "I'm kind of invincible." "Oh wow, that's great!" "It's because the souls of the damned are in eternal torture inside my cloak because of my actions." "...not seeing the problem?"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Spergatory posted:

Saw a gif of Ragman and was like "...huh." So I came here to see what the general opinion RE: show is. Because one thing I remember from last season was that before Laurelgate and the disastrophe that was the Olicity breakup, Arrow was crazy fun and seemed to be having the time of its life for awhile. Is it back in that place?

What I've heard makes me optimistic. I like the idea of Oliver having a team of fellow heroes with different skills and specializations. Mr. Terrific with the gadgets, Ragman with the weird tentacle poo poo and being basically a metahuman, and... ummm... others? The point being they aren't all just Other Arrows, or people in fetish gear who like punching bad guys.

So what's the verdict? Dare I watch? Is there reason to hope again?

I came back for this season because I've heard rumblings Barry's Flashpoint "fix" will bring Laurel back to life somehow. I'm glad I gave it another shot, Ollie's a good balance between grimdark Hood and nice guy Green Arrow right now. There's also been 100000% less drawn out drama, I mean we just went through the whole "whoops nuked a city" arc with Ragman and Felicity in two episodes, and the basic plot was

:black101: I forgive you but don't know if I can work with you
:ohdear: But we really need you
:black101: meh I'll get over it then

Keep in mind that, for the last two seasons, the show starts really strong and then falls apart into stupid drama after the mid-season break. My advice would be to watch until then and be wary after.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ShakeZula posted:

I still don't understand how people think that's going to go down. Any timeline changes that would have resulted from Flashpoint are already in effect (like Diggle's child switching genders), and Laurel is still so incredibly dead that it's been the driving force of much of the season for Oliver. And even if Barry goes back in time again (despite the writers of his show essentially turning to the camera and apologizing for how convoluted everything had gotten because of time travel), any changes that result would not seem like changes to anyone on Arrow, just to Barry. So you wouldn't get Laurel's dramatic return and the fallout of that with Oliver and the new team, you'd get everything so far this season more or less erased and reset back to how it was at the end of last season, and done in such a way that it would only be acknowledged on Arrow in the "Previously On..." segment.

I know it's all based on interviews and spoilers and all that, but those have been misleading before and I don't see a way the show can pull off this trick without getting really stupid.

Supergirl's going to swing at Doomsday or something, miss, and accidentally punch the barrier between dimensions hard enough to erase the writers' incredibly stupid decision

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Scyantific posted:

Comedy option: Laurel is Prometheus

It would make sense too, seeing as how she was probably one of the people most affected by Oliver's S1 crusade.

I would laugh and laugh and laugh and never stop laughing

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

spooky like this! posted:

Also it's kind of goofy how Oliver has gotten in to the house stealing seeing as he's been hanging out in the old Hive base.

You mean... Sparta? :smug:

King Burgundy posted:

The simple solution is they are just going to grab an alternate earth laurel. Since that is what they are doing with Wells on Flash.

Works for me! Ship master martial artist and cool biker lady Dinah Lance over from Earth-14 or whatever, give her the actual Canary Cry with metahuman powers, and we're g2g

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Chris Chance loving owns

that's all

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Has Supergirl introduced Martian Manhunter's weakness, being on fire, yet?

It's not so much being on fire as seeing fire.

I mean I guess one is a subset of the other but still.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Batman's superpower is being a dick :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

My guess is a resurrected by Flashpoint Laurel?

I would laugh myself stupid for how much of a troll this would be for people who skipped the rest of last season after she died.

Then I'd start vomiting and never stop.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

If anything, Thawne going "I have a time machine, get in bitch!" to Dahrk and whisking him away out of the proper timeline on Legends may well resurrect Laurel more than Flashpoint, but we'll see.

Oh my gods I love this image and would like to watch it instead of Legends. Just Eobard carting his evil buddies around like Bill and Ted.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hollismason posted:

They could end it and restart as Green Arrow and the Outsiders. It'd be really good. Season 5 is suppose to be the "last".

edit:

Also, watching Legends of Tommorow and honestly the show isn't that bad.

LoT is absolutely great and fun but it's not high art in the slightest. Then again, I don't know why people keep watching it expecting that, so.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

drat Americans and your fake, murder coverup holiday.

Election Day was a week or two ago. Try to keep up.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

irlZaphod posted:

The problem with Evelyn being the mole is, didn't Ollie recruit her? What were they going to do if he hadn't?

Unless Prometheus approached her afterwards.

Flashpoint, they ain't gotta explain poo poo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
What's going to be hilarious is when Oliver kills Prometheus proclaiming I'M NOT LETTING WHAT HAPPENED TO LAUREL HAPPEN AGAIN, takes the helmet off the corpse, and it's Laurel.

Like, not even a line of dialogue or more than two seconds of on-screen face time. The last episode of the season is dealing with how it happened.

C'mon, writers, you can do this. If you're gonna troll, you gotta come correct.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rocksicles posted:

It's obviously Tommy Merlin, standard Lazarus Pit/Flashpoint fuckery.

*ripping off shirt and screaming at show* IF YOU'RE GOING TO HIT ME THEN HIT ME, C'MON BRO

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ApeHawk posted:

Prometheus is the synopsis guy.

This is all a lead up to his latest :iceburn: on Felicity, and Oliver's going to be like, "Wow that was pretty funny,I can't be mad at you guy :)"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Isn't KGBeast supposed to be a human murder machine though? It kind of seems like Lundgren's character would be him instead. Or is this a case of Tommy Merlyn not being a villain like in the comics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

Arrow frequently just uses names and not their whole character.

Felicity Smoak is Firestorm's step-mom who dislikes him for constantly causing collateral damage. And one time he uses his powers to strip her in public.

I thought that was Plastique? Or has he done it more than once? Because that's even creepier.

• Locked thread