Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

He does it again, because he remembers how it worked on Plastique.

Oh good, good. Not only is he creepy but lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Alternate Theory: Prometheus is Deadshot but in a twist ending it was all a hallucination from Diggle and he is actually Prometheus.

Diggle is Tommy Merlyn?!?!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bad Moon posted:

That wasn't Diggle in the jail cell they busted out. Diggle never came back from overseas. Tommy Merlyns ghost has been possessing him the whole time.

And that ghost, was Albert Einstein.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

Looks like Berlanti (and Kreisberg) did the overarching thing while the writing teams for each show did their individual episodes.

Why would Huntress be involved in writing a crossover episode? :confused:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
That'll do, Mr. Allen.

That'll do.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

jscolon2.0 posted:

And the clone is played by Justin Hartley.

And that man, was Albert Einstein.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

That's what the midseason premiere is about.

According to some interviews, they do address the possibility she's Black Siren.

(If she is, I bet you the reveal will be her disabling the team with a Canary Cry.)

This would be the second biggest troll (next to making Laurel Prometheus) and I would also laugh my rear end off.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Ollie, you tremendous, tremendous idiot.

I'm on the fence about continuing to watch. Was promised Laurel, received a monkey's paw wish. I can respect the trolling but that doesn't mean I have to take it.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 27, 2017

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Thinking about the last episode makes me even more disappointed. It's like they listened to their fanbase, but chose to give them the middle finger instead.

Has any show trolled its fans more than this one? Aside from pro wrestling.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
okay I'm a big dumb baby idiot and the new Dinah is a-ok

there I admitted it

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
yeesh. Could they telegraph reporter lady being Prometheus any harder?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bentacos posted:

Prometheus is Earth-2 Oliver Queen, who didn't die on the Queen's Gambit, but instead basically took on the Sara role and joined the League of Assassins. As for how he got to Earth-1? Speedforce.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I really liked how this episode went down. Maybe this is the start of Ollie being Ollie as opposed to Ersatz Batman. :shobon:

I lol'd at the Alderman or whatever. "I know you just talked down a high profile mass murderer at risk of your own life but looks like you owe me some political capital :smug:" I know this is comic book rules, but if someone did that in real life, they would be mayor for as long as they so chose.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

The district attorney still turns out to be totally :krad: and while I thing the writers formed an elaborate rouse to get me to think he was Vigilante then Prometheus and now Vigilante again and Prometheus turns out to be a woman and not a man.

Talking about guns/control/violence? Naaaaah

Nah, he's totally Vigilante. He was basically getting ready to go out Vigilane-ing when Ollie caught him and made him stay put. It was very much a "yeah okay I'll stay here where it's safe, you go get him I am going to gently caress these guys up as soon as my wife leaves the hospital ."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr Beens posted:

Good fight scenes overall other than the Curtis bit at the end - he sort of just sauntered up to Cupid, flapped at her then fell on the floor and got kicked in a really unconvincing way.

When the gently caress is Curtis going to stop being terrible at fighting? He's a multi-PhD olympic medalist who learned an entire language on a plane ride. He should be able to pick up Murderjitsu in like a couple of days.

Mr. Terrific is an awesome character, they need to stop making him a weenie.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

He just got him nearly arrested, and then probably impeached. What have you done lately?

Nah that was reporter lady, I'm almost 100% certain. We already know she has a mole/sources, and you don't piss off someone in the media like that without them making GBS threads all over your head on the way out.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I think they've kept Prometheus a LITTLE too mysterious and distant. It feels late into the season and he doesn't feel like he's really a character so much as an idea.

I feel like they did the same thing with Darkh and it was fine, but Prometheus just feels a little off. Plus they've put off his identity reveal for so long that a lot of people are going to be seriously disappointed if he just turns out to be that guy's kid and not some surprise twist.

It's Laurel :twisted:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sir Potato posted:

Also, maybe I'm missing something, but if Chase is Prometheus and we assume he wants to bring Ollie down and ruin his life, how does Ollie staying mayor help Chase? I feel like he could have successfully blackmailed that councilor and impeach Ollie. Then again, I suppose most of our info about Prometheus's motives come from Team Arrow and we don't really know what Prometheus wants exactly. That being said, Chase being Prometheus is a huge wrench in the show and it's pretty interesting that they could pull this off without many, if any, of us seeing it coming. Eager to see who Vigilante is then.

Three options:

1) Chase is ingratiating himself to Queen to blindside him at the last moment
2) He's playing some sort of psycho long game we're not expecting, like taking Oliver back to his roots or something to be a more effective "hero"
3) He is bugfuck crazy and doing just whatever

I sure as gently caress didn't expect to be asking who Vigilante was instead of Prometheus, though. :stare: That swerve was incredibly well done and also helped explain why he hasn't been a constant presence this season. He has been, just out of costume.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

Also Chase suggested the cover-up. So he's been playing this game the whole time.

Chase isn't some incredible chess player who's already planned all his moves out, he's just been hanging around Ollie and seeing what he does next, then planning accordingly.

I like to think the impeachment result is the one that finally broke his brain. Every time, Oliver keeps coming up with poo poo he doesn't expect him to do that ruins the plan, and it's slowly driving him mad.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also something that's bothering me: Does anyone in law enforcement or public know Dinah is a meta? Because that scream of hers is gonna make the mask pretty much pointless if that's the case.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

OB_Juan posted:

The vigellante is bill Malone

it was us all along, we're vigilante

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Vigilante is Earth Three Laurel :v:

Also I'm beginning to think I don't care much for this Talia O'Ghoul fellow!!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tiggum posted:

It would have been so easy to just have him taunting them, but having him actually just carry on doing his job because he knows they can't do anything was fantastic.

"I'm gonna kill you. In ways you haven't even thought about." or whatever it was is the exact moment Curtis became the best character of the season for me.

Seriously, his development arc has been the best, he started as a completely bland Casey Jones ripoff getting clowned by Oliver, and now he not only has depth and pathos but is a legit swaggering bad-rear end. Plus, whoever decided to pair him with Captain Lance the Elder made a fantastic call.

I mean, I haven't seen character development like that since Laure—:stonk:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phylodox posted:

Hey, quick question: how many steps ahead is Prometheus? I think they may have mentioned it.

what's the o/u

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

Wild Dog is Rene.

Yeah. this is what I get for speed posting while trying to operate a salad and talk to a spouse at the same time. :doh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

thebardyspoon posted:

This season has been really great, a real return to form after the last two seasons shat the bed about halfway through (can't remember 4 enough to say if it was bad before that really) but this episode gave me flashes of that sort of downturn near the end. I think it's Talia being around in the present, this show has historically gotten real dumb when the League of Assassins came to the fore. Hope they can stick the landing and keep it up next season, if they keep the team dynamic and keep developing Dinah (feels like she's not done much yet) then it'll be cool.

That's one of the problems this season. The supporting cast is actually so good that they don't have the time to focus on any one of them for long.

Rene loving owns and Curtis finally got his T-Spheres. I am dying for an all Dinah episode beyond her origin because she is a delightful scenery chewing hard-rear end.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
My favorite part of the Question in The DCAU was him telling Luthor he can't afford to let Superman be the one to kill him and just casually takes off his tie to strangle him to death.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Yeah no thank you, either give me paranoid Question who fights with bedpans and Cadillac cars or don't bother.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I watched that episode

BECAUSE I WANTED TO

AND I LIKED IT :byodood:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phenotype posted:

Oh, that's not fair. Barry's just incompetent.

but he WANTED TO kill those metahumans

and he LIKED IT

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I get feeling "I WANTED IT TO! AND I LIKED IT!" is going to turn into this thread's "THAT'S NOT HER NAME"

I'm okay with that, at least for a little while. Because that was a drat good episode and a literal payoff for the entire series run. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phylodox posted:

Would the musical have been retroactive? Would we have gotten a Dolph Lundgren solo?

🎶 IIIIIIIIIIIIIII must break you 🎵

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Space Crabs posted:

Why do I watch arrow?

I WATCH IT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT
AND I LIKE THAT

TVIV gettin' meta

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The best part about this is going to be next episode where Dinah comes in and gets Ollie back in the game by yelling at him to harden the gently caress up.

Basically what I'm saying is Dinah is just the best.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

Oliver abandons the Green Arrow identity, throws himself into being the mayor, and the show becomes an offshoot of Powerless with Team Arrow as his staff.

:mmmhmm:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Klungar posted:

I could see Wild Dog making a good Charlie Sheen fill-in.

or as the president in machete

THE GREEN ARROW KILLS, THAT'S WHAT HE DOES (AND HE LIKES IT)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

X-O posted:

Once again, Chase is the best villain this show has ever had and holy poo poo is Josh Segarra killing it. No pun intended. I'm gonna be so happy when Oliver guts him with that knife but so sad to see him go.

I think Oliver's gonna put him in a cell instead of the ground personally, but I think I'm okay with murder by glorified linoleum knife.

Whatever happens, Ollie and the team basically just stripped his public facing resources. He's just a criminal now, albeit an extremely dangerous one. If the marshals were the tip of the iceberg, I cannot wait to see what happens now that he's coming unglued. :magical:

e: or evelyn's gonna be the one that snaps and kills him idk. They could go literally anywhere with this, and I'm pretty excited.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 30, 2017

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I have zero problem with the way they've been working Dinah into the team and story and this all feels a little weirdly over-reactive to me to a totally speculative idea.

I mean, she hasn't gotten some personal meta plot but she probably never was going to being introduced so late into the season and right before the show started really focusing on the Prometheus storyline she has nothing to do with. I've gotten the sense that the idea was to just do a big intro of her and then work her gradually and organically into the team. So we've just gotten a lot of little scenes where she gets through to Oliver in his self loathing or Quentin gives her his blessing to be the Black Canary. I've thought its been working.

They've just all taken a backseat to Oliver and Prometheus the last couple of weeks. Except for Felicity's weird hacker subplot.

It took me the entire season to warm up to Wild Dog but he's one of my favorites on the team now. Give it time. Dinah'll get there.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

OB_Juan posted:

Outing Chase also gives Mayor Ollie room to discount everything he's said recently about the Green Arrow - obviously he's a cool guy and DA Chase, known psychopath, was strong-arming the mayor into saying all of that. And every person Chase kills from here on out cements that story.

Hell Prometheus probably killed Billy, somehow.

As part of The New Admitted to Serial Killing Oliver, I'm pretty sure the Green Arrow will release a statement exonerating himself along those lines but owning up to killing Billy. Hell, it has the advantage of making the original coroner's report right, which means a lot of those councilmen are suddenly going to face stiff challenges in their districts :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

And yeah, I've always liked Anatoly and I hope he remains a recurring player in the present going forward. The idea of the guy who wanted to reform the Bratva and use it for good but got corrupted when Oliver left him is a really interesting foil for Oliver.

I was so happy Ollie called him on his poo poo before he left. "And for what? *dripping contempt for a child* A payday." was an incredible :iceburn: I didn't expect.

• Locked thread