Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

The crooked cop lady definitely seemed the odd woman out in that trio.

Wasn't she the one who knew where all the money was though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Wasn't she the one who knew where all the money was though?

The whole point was that they were trying to look for the money. The crooked cop was the one who organized the jailbreak in the first place. China White and Cupid were basically muscle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xelkelvos posted:

The whole point was that they were trying to look for the money. The crooked cop was the one who organized the jailbreak in the first place. China White and Cupid were basically muscle.

Well Rutina was the best part of True Blood so I enjoyed seeing her here. And like I said before, them ladies are pretty as hell.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I REALLY liked this episode. Just another solid entry in a very strong season.

I mean, sure, China White and Cupid were largely wasted.

But the character stuff really clicked, especially with the grace notes between Lance and Drake. And I liked that we were reminded that Thea was still very much raised by Mr. and Mrs. Queen. Malcolm is literally the worst person in the Arrowverse, and I'm so happy that Thea is more than MERLYN DAUGHTER for once.

I left the show because they killed off Laurel and it left such a bad taste in my mouth. And then heard this season was great. I still stand by that Laurel's end was handled terribly, with her portrayed as nothing more than another plot point for Quentin to grieve. We spent so much time building her up, and Cassady tried so hard to sell the character.

But drat. Dinah is so good. So effortless.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

The crooked cop lady definitely seemed the odd woman out in that trio.

Both her and Cupid's joining with China White seemed out of character. Weren't they both vigilantes who wen't too far?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Good fight scenes overall other than the Curtis bit at the end - he sort of just sauntered up to Cupid, flapped at her then fell on the floor and got kicked in a really unconvincing way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Both her and Cupid's joining with China White seemed out of character. Weren't they both vigilantes who wen't too far?

Lady Cop's team was targeting drug dealers, but then selling the drugs themselves afterwards.

Cupid's last appearance was murdering couples on their wedding day.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr Beens posted:

Good fight scenes overall other than the Curtis bit at the end - he sort of just sauntered up to Cupid, flapped at her then fell on the floor and got kicked in a really unconvincing way.

When the gently caress is Curtis going to stop being terrible at fighting? He's a multi-PhD olympic medalist who learned an entire language on a plane ride. He should be able to pick up Murderjitsu in like a couple of days.

Mr. Terrific is an awesome character, they need to stop making him a weenie.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

When the gently caress is Curtis going to stop being terrible at fighting? He's a multi-PhD olympic medalist who learned an entire language on a plane ride. He should be able to pick up Murderjitsu in like a couple of days.

Mr. Terrific is an awesome character, they need to stop making him a weenie.

Learning a language is different than learning how to fight. Combat is not a language and don't let David and Cassandra Cain convince you otherwise.

They need to stop putting Mr. Terrific up against foes that are tougher than low-level goons.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I genuinely like that Curtis has proven utterly bad at fighting since it basically establishes that Oliver can't turn everyone into a world class fighter with a couple of weeks of boot camp. Watching him get his rear end kicked by Cupid and Liza made me smile.

Like, I really like that path they've taken with his character where he's gradually coming to accept that he's more useful as an engineer and hacker than a fighter. I'm still assuming that by finale time we'll see some working T-Spheres to finish off the development.

I also like the slight tweaks to his costume, even though the T still looks silly.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Hollismason posted:

I like the episodes where they have him addressing actual problems as the Mayor and then there's something else he has to address as Green Arrow. So I'll be disappointed if he isn't mayor anymore because I think it's the most interesting part of the show right now.
What has he actually done as mayor, aside from the gun law that we're not allowed to know the details of?

Sir Potato posted:

I'm enjoying the fact that a lot of these episodes lately haven't dealt directly with Prometheus. I feel like what brought down S3 and S4 were that the writers felt they constantly needed to be dealing with Ra's and Darhk and so you just kinda got sick of seeing them all the time. At least here, we know he's around doing poo poo to mess with Ollie but we're not dealing with him weekly and we can see Ollie do stuff as Ollie or just do stuff with side characters, like an episode seeking out a new Black Canary or just trying to catch old villains we haven't seen in a while.
I feel like we haven't seen enough of Prometheus. I don't really know what he wants or is trying to achieve, and mostly he seems to just be doing nothing at all. I know he hates Ollie, but what's he doing about it? He got Evelyn to betray him, and he made him shoot that cop, but it doesn't seem like that's part of any bigger plan. :shrug:

Flash season two was a different issue, not that it was focused too much on Zoom but that his motives and methods just changed seemingly at random and a lot of what he did made no sense. The reason the first seasons of both shows worked so well is because the villains had consistent plans and worked toward them in ways that made sense. There was never a time where you went "wait, why did he do that?" or "if that's his goal, why did he seem to be trying to do the opposite two episodes ago?"

In both cases I think what happened is that the writers were able to pad the stories out with the protagonists dealing with their new situations, and for a lot of it they just didn't know what the evil scheme was, so it never seemed like the villains were treading water. It made sense that the hero wasn't going after the main villain every week, because he didn't even know who that was, and if we didn't see the main villain doing anything to further his plan for a while then that was just because he was working behind the scenes and the hero wasn't aware of it.

In later seasons, the good guys know about the bad guys way too quickly and then they have to artificially slow things down and come up with contrived reasons for why they're not just getting right to the big conflict.

Narcissus1916 posted:

I mean, sure, China White and Cupid were largely wasted.
I remember China White being in the show, but I can't really remember anything about her, like who she works for or what her goals are/were. Or even her playing a major role in any episode. She seems like she's always just been a sort of background character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He just got him nearly arrested, and then probably impeached. What have you done lately?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

He just got him nearly arrested, and then probably impeached. What have you done lately?

Nah that was reporter lady, I'm almost 100% certain. We already know she has a mole/sources, and you don't piss off someone in the media like that without them making GBS threads all over your head on the way out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think they've kept Prometheus a LITTLE too mysterious and distant. It feels late into the season and he doesn't feel like he's really a character so much as an idea.

I feel like they did the same thing with Darkh and it was fine, but Prometheus just feels a little off. Plus they've put off his identity reveal for so long that a lot of people are going to be seriously disappointed if he just turns out to be that guy's kid and not some surprise twist.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I think they've kept Prometheus a LITTLE too mysterious and distant. It feels late into the season and he doesn't feel like he's really a character so much as an idea.

I feel like they did the same thing with Darkh and it was fine, but Prometheus just feels a little off. Plus they've put off his identity reveal for so long that a lot of people are going to be seriously disappointed if he just turns out to be that guy's kid and not some surprise twist.

It's Laurel :twisted:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

You overestimate the average audience.

Most probably think it's already revealed.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Prometheus is actually just Michael Dorn the actor.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

T-spheres :woop:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I mean, by all rights Oliver really should be removed from office for that stunt

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

lol limo joke

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

When did the doctor know who Oliver really is?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

howe_sam posted:

When did the doctor know who Oliver really is?

Same one that treated Laurel, if I had to guess?

edit: Still not sick of the jokes about Curtis' balls.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

what a twist!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Swerve :aaa:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Welp, that sure as gently caress is one way to reveal that.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Maybe I haven't been paying much attention, but that was a real casual reveal.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Pretty sure no one here saw that coming.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

maybe Vigilante is Laurel

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Sir Potato posted:

Pretty sure no one here saw that coming.

They'd been leaning towards him being Vigilante, if anything.

And not sure what to think about Felicity becoming the vengeful blackmailer and all that. She sure as gently caress isn't subtle with it.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

oh no he has divorce papers run Curtis!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

oh no he has divorce papers run Curtis!

What kind of dickboat invites someone to dinner to give them divorce papers then just leaves right after.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Next episode looks great. The guy playing Chase is selling all of this really well.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Tbf Curtis shouldn't have lead with "we stopped an assassination attempt" if the reason Paul left was because of the vigilantism

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Whatever happened to Evelyn?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress man, OnBenchNow called it before any of us :(

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think this season is shaping up to where Oliver has to reveal himself as the Green Arrow, it's been made explicitly clear throughout the season that Oliver can't balance being the Arrow and the mayor, so something will happen where he takes the third option and makes it known that he's the Green Arrow

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES

Carlosologist posted:

I think this season is shaping up to where Oliver has to reveal himself as the Green Arrow, it's been made explicitly clear throughout the season that Oliver can't balance being the Arrow and the mayor, so something will happen where he takes the third option and makes it known that he's the Green Arrow

In addition to this, I really hope that unlike last season, the "final confrontation", I assume there will be one, is a lot more personal and a lot less, the world is at stake, which seems to be the case. More of a Slade vs. Ollie kind of deal without the Mirakuru army.

Also, maybe I'm missing something, but if Chase is Prometheus and we assume he wants to bring Ollie down and ruin his life, how does Ollie staying mayor help Chase? I feel like he could have successfully blackmailed that councilor and impeach Ollie. Then again, I suppose most of our info about Prometheus's motives come from Team Arrow and we don't really know what Prometheus wants exactly. That being said, Chase being Prometheus is a huge wrench in the show and it's pretty interesting that they could pull this off without many, if any, of us seeing it coming. Eager to see who Vigilante is then.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chase works extremely closely with Oliver as the mayor and is in on most of his day to day activities that way. It helps him to keep an eye on him.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sir Potato posted:

Also, maybe I'm missing something, but if Chase is Prometheus and we assume he wants to bring Ollie down and ruin his life, how does Ollie staying mayor help Chase? I feel like he could have successfully blackmailed that councilor and impeach Ollie. Then again, I suppose most of our info about Prometheus's motives come from Team Arrow and we don't really know what Prometheus wants exactly. That being said, Chase being Prometheus is a huge wrench in the show and it's pretty interesting that they could pull this off without many, if any, of us seeing it coming. Eager to see who Vigilante is then.

Three options:

1) Chase is ingratiating himself to Queen to blindside him at the last moment
2) He's playing some sort of psycho long game we're not expecting, like taking Oliver back to his roots or something to be a more effective "hero"
3) He is bugfuck crazy and doing just whatever

I sure as gently caress didn't expect to be asking who Vigilante was instead of Prometheus, though. :stare: That swerve was incredibly well done and also helped explain why he hasn't been a constant presence this season. He has been, just out of costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Chase suggested the cover-up. So he's been playing this game the whole time.

• Locked thread