Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WvBBG1vmwM&t=207s From the gag reel, that is a million times better than how that went in the actual episode.

It's been removed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Make it all original songs

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Good statues cost money.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Speedy is about to get hosed.

Also, the Vigilante himself!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Woot continuity error on the wounds during the fight! All of them disappeared for a bit and then reappeared at the end.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

"Okay Arrow, you can't use Deadshot anymore because the hit film Suicide Squad is coming out and we don't want people getting confused."

(6 months later)

"Fine, take him back"

Can we get Amanda Waller back too?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hate Curtis's hair and mask. He's better with the afro.

Also RIP: Stardust I guess.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Maybe season 6 onwards is gonna be rebranded "Arrow and the Outsiders"

I'd like this a lot.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, it's been a throwaway thing done for the sake of the sole Arrow nod at Flashpoint but it's not as if Sara Diggle was in any shape or form a character. I'm sure John and Lyla loved their son just as much and had the same feelings when he was threatened as their daughter and Sara Lance came back from the dead anyway so the emotion of naming their kid to honor her is kinda moot.

I mean, it's kind of dark that Sara Diggle disappeared from existence and if you told John and Lyla they might feel weird about losing a daughter they never knew to gain the son they love. But there'd be no reason or person around Arrow to bring up that odd philosophical question.

Honestly, I imagine there was some casting thing like the actress for Sara was unavailable or something so Flashpoint was a convenient way to writer her off and replace her.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tiggum posted:

What's her motivation for anything? I don't even remember who she is. She's just there, hanging out with the team. I didn't even remember what her name was until I saw it posted in this thread, or what her super hero name is. She's such a non-entity that her betraying them is basically meaningless.

She's trying to follow in the footsteps of Black Canary as she did last season and make sure whatever happened to her parents wouldn't happen again (or something). Idk where they're going with this this early in the season fwiw. Maybe she'll do a second heel turn alternatively. Who knows?

In another topic, will we get a special Chanukah episode with Ragman and Felicity?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

It makes the most sense that she turned after she joined Team Arrow, and probably even after the fight on the train. By that point she was pissed at Oliver and back on the revenge tip, so why not seek out the local vengeful psycho and see what's up?

Alternatively, she joined up before Laurel's death and Promethus was the one who modified the canary cry for Artemis to use

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Sinestro Corps Wars have been going on in the background of the show the whole time and now it's time for Blackest Night

Blue Lantern Barry and Yellow Lantern Ollie please. Violet Lantern Sara would also be good.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

bull3964 posted:

If that was the case, he wouldn't have behaved the way he did in this episode. He would have been anxious to get her back to the pipeline ASAP.

He had to have known about her, Felicity did.

Felicity might've conveniently forgotten. I don't recall the Central City team ever making plans to tell Ollie

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

I'll never not want Kacey Rohl as Batgirl. Could still happen - just have Batgirl as a Supergirl ally on Earth-38. She'd kind of be the darker, less sunny counter to Kara anyway, so her Earth-1 doppelganger being a different kind of morally-ambiguous crimefighter really fits.

I definitely feel like she'll show up again in some capacity since it introduced another pretty geeky girl character to the universe as well as another organization that's just riddled with plot hooks that can be grabbed at any time.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kilson posted:

They already have a Rory on LoT who is one of the best characters on the show. A second would just be confusing!

One of those Rorys is a first name (Ragman) and the other is a last name (Heatwave) so it's not as confusing as it is odd that everyone calls Rory, Rory instead of Mick like Snart did/does

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phenotype posted:

I also liked "If I had a gun, my wife would still be alive!"

*flashback*
grabs gun
shoots bad guy threatening wife
wife is not still alive

I mean, yeah, it's a misnomer to call it overly-liberal because they don't take sides or even set up a resolution that is any more than vaguely alluded to, so why even do it at all? It's like the writers were arguing about this over a lunch break and someone said "hey, this would be a great episode", and so they just slammed a half-dozen of their rants into the mouths of their characters and called it a day. While making sure not to say anything too controversial so they don't piss off any of their advertisers or viewers. In a way, it's even weaker because they don't take any stand other than "be good people", because at least they could put some passion into it.

I think it implied that he meant that if he had his gun with him as opposed to in the safe.

It was definitely preachy, but they very much tried to straddle the line and having everyone split evenly with Ollie and Felicity being specifically either abstaining or in the middle. The Mad Dog bits were nice as were the Mayor Ollie bits. I imagine it was an episode originally planned as a "Solve a problem as Mayor that can't be solved as GA" and needed to tie into Mad Dog's back story so gun control was the issue.

There've certainly be worse issues and I do respect the series being on the fence about it rather than leaning to one side or another. I imagine it also stems from Amell's being publicly politically agnostic and not taking a side publicly.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Wasn't she the one who knew where all the money was though?

The whole point was that they were trying to look for the money. The crooked cop was the one who organized the jailbreak in the first place. China White and Cupid were basically muscle.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

When the gently caress is Curtis going to stop being terrible at fighting? He's a multi-PhD olympic medalist who learned an entire language on a plane ride. He should be able to pick up Murderjitsu in like a couple of days.

Mr. Terrific is an awesome character, they need to stop making him a weenie.

Learning a language is different than learning how to fight. Combat is not a language and don't let David and Cassandra Cain convince you otherwise.

They need to stop putting Mr. Terrific up against foes that are tougher than low-level goons.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tarquinn posted:

So Oliver and Barry share the same dark secret, huh? :v:

I think Barry's is an open secret with numerous abettors. Oliver justifies his with "because there's no other way" and "justice" and everyone around him agrees in some fashion.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Unless Evil Laurel remains evil and is the bad guy next year.

If Talia's still kicking and hates Ollie, I could see her recruiting Black Siren for a new League

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It'd be nice if we got an in-universe look at how the people of Star City think of the Green Arrow and the other vigilantes. I know that's the most basic setup for a clip show, but it's also a way to set up a bunch of set pieces without having to tie them together.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Aleph Null posted:

So they are building Bratva as the next big bad, right? Ollie has done nothing but screw them over since he got back home.
It would be properly tragic considering his past with the current leader. Like soap opera tragic, perfect for the CW.

It's actually hard to say. There's also Talia still kicking about I believe, Vigilante (though more of a B-plot at this point), and Helix (same, but even more threatening).

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Even though the Queens aren't wealthy, they we previously obscenely wealthy. 0.01% sort of wealthy. The takeover and the loss of their parents largely just moved Oliver and Thea down a few decimal places. They're likely still somewhere in the 1% purely from annuities and investments their parents' made that'll continue to payout.

Felicity is a harder case unless she left with a bunch of Palmer Tech stock.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phylodox posted:

They should have subtitled that season Sarah Lance, Time Lesbian and the Time Idiots

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sober posted:

While I'm excited I'm worried about how S6 onwards will go. Will it just become generic superhero fodder? Half the charm was the 5 years vs 5 years format (as dumb as the flashbacks got). Feels like all the major Oliver Queen character study beats will or should be done with by the end of it.

I'd imagine the framing for S6 will focus more on the team and their issues going forward and away from Ollie's. Obviously they'd drop the year for year flashbacks, but I imagine they'd still do flashbacks when relevant to the character being focused on. Is Black Siren promised for S6? If so, I'd really hope for an Earth 2 flashback for her.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

So they are making a Teen Titans show with Dick Greyson Nightwing heading up the team and it's in the Arrowverse

Is this banter or is it real?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

bentacos posted:

It's real. Notice they specifically say Dick Grayson with no codename though. Guessing he doesn't start the show as Nightwing.

I'm guessing it'll start not too long after he breaks with Bruce and discards the Robin identity. I imagine they'll also ignore one of the naming origins that involves Kryptonian mythology. Here's hoping this is what they were saving Blue Beetle for

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sir Potato posted:

I think that's definitely true, but I'm hoping they flesh him out a lot more in the next season beyond 5-second encounters where he screams "You're bad for this city!!! I'm taking you down!!" and then disappears into thin air. I think he could work as a sort of mini-foil to Oliver but as of right now he seems more like a villain than an actual vigilante because, and I could be wrong, it's been a long season, we haven't seen him do anything good, which a name like vigilante usually implies, especially considering the character's history in the comics.

Vigilante is Jason Todd

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

They've done way too much work with Curtis to kill him. He, Dinah, and Rene should be safe. I think Dig and Felicity are safe after the Laurel/grave tease. So the most likely candidates would be Thea or maybe Quentin.

But, yeah, theres so many potential people they could bring back to kill that even if we knew they were going to kill someone that wouldn't necessarily mean the main cast. Rory and Nyssa are viable candidates even without going into spoilers.

But I still contend Chase has already done more than enough damage that he doesn't need to kill anyone else. Except probably Evelyn. She might be doomed.

Evelyn is pretty kill worthy, though if she really is the wunderkind that she was made out to be, having her take up the mantle of Prometheus might be interesting (assuming Chase dies)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phenotype posted:

I definitely get a kick out of how the LoT team ends up just chumping a lot of the better villains from Arrow and Flash. Super-fast and cunning speedster that tormented the Flash team for months? Whatever, I guess the history professor knocks him out by swinging a spear like a baseball bat. Master assassin with magic powers that took a half-season, three special guest stars, and a city-wide uprising for Ollie and the gang to defeat? Just have drunk-rear end Mick Rory hit him in the head with a fire extinguisher or whatever.

Dahrk's magic is apparently ineffective against concussions.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Elentor posted:

Adrian is like a soap opera villain. I say this on the best on terms. These shows really need a balls to the wall downright evil and insane soap opera villain.

Comic book series need comic book villains. There is a time and a place for more serious and human enemies. That place is not when the heroes are expected to solve it with martial arts and super powers.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phenotype posted:

It really pisses me off that Amell gets to be super handsome, famous, in amazing shape, and also seems like a really great person. I'd feel a lot better about the world and my place in it if he was an enormous prick or something.

I really hope Blue Devil gets introduced to the DCCW as a pastiche of Stephen Amell.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

bamhand posted:

I think we can all agree that the character that died was Amell's flashback wig. I hope they just start showing clips from season 1 next season.

Did we ever find out why Mad Dog was dishonorably discharged? I might've missed that part of an episode.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

says on the wiki "Prior to becoming a vigilante, Rene was a Navy SEALs officer. He was part of a group transporting a prisoner with valuable information, intelligence couldn't get the information out of him so Rene took matters into his own hands and tried to beat the information out of him, leading to Rene being dishonorably discharged"

I'm sure we might get a flashback to that then.

There's just not a lot in the current cast's backstory that needs to be explored afaict. That one might be worth looking at and maybe Dinah's time on the force. Also, possibly a young Felicity flashback (and maybe at least one with her dad before he left her). Unless they tie into a villain or something, though, I don't see flashbacks being as big a thing anymore.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
For what it's worth, casting Rock as Black Adam isn't a bad idea at face value since he 100% has the look. It's just a matter of finding a Captain Marvel (I hate calling him Shazam) to bounce off of that's willing to go full Big Red Ham and Cheese. The alternative is seeing if the Rock would instead be Big Red (and probably rankle a few nerds who'd be mad Marvel isn't white)

Looking at Green Street, btw, it would be considered a box office success but only because its budget was ~$350k and grosses $3 mil. Its reviews were mixed however.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

The Marvel Family characters might be fun on Legends of Tomorrow or Supergirl.

CW can get on the phone to Lyndsy Fonseca and see if she's up for playing Mary Marvel.

Make it a Nikita reunion with Noah Bean as Captain Marvel.

As a guest appearance on LoT maybe. The Marvel family definitely punch at Supergirl's tier and would probably have similar effects budgets. How all of their magic would jive with the alien stuff is another matter though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Eh, I think there's probably a difference between a villain who keeps popping up in DC properties and getting killed and a guy they cast a major Hollywood star as for their movie line.

But who knows? We're probably all expecting way more organization then DC has ever had with it's properties just because of the example Marvel has set.

But now you made me remember how the Arrow-verse totally blew Solomon Grundy.

It helps that Marvel doesn't have to shop around networks to host their shows. Disney has them all taken care of on that front. WB has to shop around which means one set of properties is locked up in one network, another is locked into a second and a third is still with a movie studio that's not connected to the other two. I think a lot of the organization is thanks to Disney acquiring them.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

kingcom posted:

Will Black Adam be trying to stop Superman from murdering refugees or something. I'm not sure what you do with that, Black Adam and movie superman would probably get along well.

His entire character is the plot of 'Big' but with a superhero. I think its way too lighthearted to work in a grim dark DCU movie. His cartoon appearances have honestly been pretty good.

Black Adam is a character that's sorta been rehabilitated into a Dr. Doom-esque defender of his nation that will go scorched earth on any outsider who would upset it. Captain Marvel hasn't shown up in a while so Black Adam's desire to take the Wizard's powers from Captain Marvel hasn't really been relevant outside of Cap's first appearance and short lived series.

Captain Marvel is way too light to be in the dark and grim DCU movie-verse as he's traditionally known. His introduction to the Nu52 was a bit darker in that Billy was a lovely kid bouncing from foster home to foster home, but had a heart of gold that comes out when defending his surrogate siblings as well as a particular tiger. The Wizard was a bit less moralistic as well and had his own ulterior motives. Neither have appeared since that series was canceled.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

Speed Weed is my second favorite name outside of a political consultant named "Blaze Baggs".

There's also Joe Kerr who worked on Batman: the Animated Series among others.

Edit: I could've sworn I saw this as a writer's credit or something but IMDB isn't pulling up anything.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Isn't Richard Dragon a good guy? Also, does this mean Vic Sage?

Depending on the New 52 canon, there may be two. One who taught the other with the former killed by the latter. It's at least implied that the older one was the classic Dragon who taught Lady Shiva, the Question and others. However the new one went to the League of Assassins to train which sorta conflicts with the old Richard Dragon.

I am wagering more kung fu Arrow and more remnants of the League of Assassins if he's being introduced. Maybe even elements of the League of Shadows plotline from Detective Comics

• Locked thread