Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bull3964 posted:

They still should have noticed when they disconnected.

They were busy milling around the hallway naked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like Wild Dog. He's trying to be the tough loner but his mentor already did it way better and the rest of the crew is constantly undercutting him.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I miss those awesome murder fights from the first season

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I actually like Prometheus just being some dude Oliver wronged. I can't think of any existing character it could be that wouldn't be at least a little dumb, and it helps demonstrate how much Oliver has changed and why The Green Arrow is different from the Hood.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aquasnake posted:

Maybe I'm just weird, but whenever I just glance over at Reporter Lady (I'm sure she has a name, but none of us bother to remember it.) Her face reminds me of Laurel and I have to do a double take, it's been like this all season for me.

Her face keeps reminding me of Julie from Burning Love. Which kinda undercuts the drama of any scene she's in.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scyantific posted:

What did that FB post say I missed it.

I couldn't make it through most of it, but someone was very upset that Oliver and Felicity aren't together anymore and they brought back Laurel.

Like, very upset.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fat Shat Sings posted:

My joke about Oliver's blood from being stabbed in season 3 accidentally creating an Oliver clone in the lazarus pit is closer to coming true, since Prometheus has the same training, uses Oliver's old weapons and "You stole my life" would be an appropriately stupid motivation for the villain.

I said in one of these threads that it's amazing the CWDC universe has managed to make 8+ seasons of superhero television without a single clone. I might have jinxed us. That would explain why he hasn't gone after Thea or Felicity.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

Its really weird to learn that the reason they employ "guest voices" is that some fans are crazy and do audio editing on the show.

You ever heard Chipmunks music slowed down so the voices sound normal? It's surprisingly good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

Get ready for another crossover event as every CW DC show got renewed.

But will they meet Teen Wolf?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
At the very least Curtis should be making all their new gear, they shouldn't still be farming that out to Cisco

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Arrow team goes to Hub City this week, right? I hope it looks appropriately lovely.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bruceski posted:

He wasn't called it by name, but we basically had Yet Another Count Vertigo (Count Slidee?) this week and I love that it keeps popping back up.

Didn't he have basically the same powers as The Top on the Flash? Except sound based

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Presumably she's basically the mayor right now?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bentacos posted:

Hey, his mission was to save Star City, not Hub City.

Yeah, Hub City folk are used to that kinda poo poo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Medullah posted:

With special shrapnel that ejected the pilot and passengers, attaching tiny parachutes to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl4ghsv04V0

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
"I have to hack the Russian server"

Y'know, the server where the Russians keep the Russian internet.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nooneofconsequence posted:

pls don't leave, Ragman.

Yeah, it'd be lame as gently caress if that was the end of Ragman. Hopefully he just has to charge the rags with evil souls again or something

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

grack posted:

Also there's Isabel who managed to be just as skeezy as Oliver

lol, Ollie and his dad banged the same chick

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why do they spend so much time training with sticks, when they so rarely fight with sticks?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

Dark and true.

But the ownership still probably lived outside the Glades so I look forward to the episode where Rene gets sued for copyright infringement.

That's why he wears the mask.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Lord Bude posted:

He mentioned wanting to take the gun to the game with him because the stadium was in the glades.

I wish more flashbacks had characters making GBS threads on the site of a future atrocity.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

The Glades was laid out as a lovely place before it got earthquaked dude.

yeah, it's just funny. I'm sure there are legitimate complaints to be made about the urban planning of pre-1945 Nagasaki, but if a movie set in the 30s had a character bitch about the traffic there, that would be memorable.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Star City is such a stupid name.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

tasslex posted:

All DC comics city names are terrible, especially the "XXX City" ones. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_locations_of_the_DC_Universe#Fictional_cities

Starling City is a much better name. Especially when you think about the in-universe explanation for the name change. An insane tech billionaire came to our hosed up city, and announced a plan to fix everything by taking over the city and changing everything, using his vast fortune to remake the city in his own image. Before he could do any of that, he blew up himself and the top five stories of a downtown skyscraper. So, in honor of that man's crazy, megalomaniacal dream, let's rename our city to what he was planning to name it before he killed himself trying to build a shrink ray.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It is completely outside of the job of a coroner to decide who did a murder. That is totally inappropriate.

Also, if Felicity had said Chapo Trap House instead of Keeping it 1600, this would be my favorite show

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bentacos posted:

I was actually thinking he was going to pull an "Arrest the Green Arrow, I am the Green Arrow." at the end of his press conference.

Maybe he will go to jail at the end of the season and next season he has to escape.

That's how they'll deal with losing the flashback structure. Instead of flashbacks, the show will flash sideways to Oliver in prison. But the main story will be about his team Outside the prison. Maybe they'll have a name that explains that they are Outside the prison, I dunno.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hollismason posted:

What if Vigilante is Diggles brother. Didn't he die before Barry hosed everything up. Or was it this season that he died. I can't remember.

Nooooo please God let the Diggle's brother storyline stay dead.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't want funny DCAU Question, I want ridiculously grim and relentlessly depressing O'Neil Question

they could adapt that one issue where an old lady waits for the bus but there's a transit strike because the city hadn't been able to pay bus drivers in months so the bus never shows up so she freezes to death in the snow.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
A lot of Kord references in the CW shows recently.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pellisworth posted:

hi thread, I stopped watching Arrow midway through last season because I got pretty bored of the Damien Darhk stuff

I've heard this current season is a lot better, correct? Should I bother watching the back half of last season or skip straight to season 5?

skip it. All you really need to know is that Oliver becomes mayor by default, Diggle kills his evil brother and feels bad about it, and Felicity nukes a town and kills like 20,000 people.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It doesn't help that Oliver had to leave his sister's apartment because of the break up scene, possibly the worst scene in the entire show

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, all three parties are millionaires.

Are they? Slade took away all of the Queens' major assets, so they were probably down to whatever liquid money they had at the time. That was probably a lot, but they lived on it for three years before Oliver became mayor. Oliver is now probably making in excess of 100,000 a year as mayor. I don't know what Thea's official position is. And Felicity was in charge of Palmer industries for what, three months? And then she got kicked out for being terrible. The're all wealthy, but I don't if all three of them are actually millionaires.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Longbaugh01 posted:

Arrow S2 is great, 3 ok, 4 not great, 5 is good again.

Flash S2 is pretty bad. S3 is better but not great.

Legends S1 is terrible, 2 is fantastic

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I think part of why I'm being so argumentative here is because I was the kid who felt the need to buy tons of back issues to get the complete story.

I love the complicated web of the Arrow-verse or the MCU but its at the point where I can't really recommend something like Luke Cage to someone without saying "well, you should probably watch Jessica Jones to get some intro to this character and Daredevil S1 to know who this other one is, and don't forget that DD S2 and Iron Fist fit in to Defenders which you'll want to watch if you want to see more of Cage and he could probably be involved in their later seasons."

Because I've always been that kind of nerd.

Never tell someone to watch Iron Fist

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zebulon posted:

Oh yeah, there'd be nothing stopping character-centric flashback stuff from continuing. I just know a lot of goons have suggested that the increased cast and team this year was moving things towards something in the comics where the Arrow basically has his own team called the Outsiders, or something like that. Rebranding the show to better show that state and that it shifted away from the specific framework of Ollie and his 5 years, as told in flashbacks, would make some sense.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You could tell Felicity was doing something bad because she switched to heavy black eye makeup

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol I'd forgotten that Felicity had the same thing as Ray from Archer

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Now that we've had some time to think about it, and the excitement has died down, can we all admit that the crossover sucked? It started out great, with the team training and Diggle seeing Supergirl and Supergirl and Oliver's personality clash. But then they decided to put most of the cast in a dream world for the entire middle third of the thing, and that just brought the whole thing to a loving halt. It would've been one thing if that was a standalone Arrow episode, it would've just been kind of dull, but as the middle part of a story about aliens invading, it was so bad.

On top of that, all the bad guys were totally interchangeable aliens, so that sucked, and they were all CGI so they couldn't even have any cool fights.

Oliver telling Supergirl to sit the mission out because he needed things to be normal was so dumb

And then at the end none of it changed anything. Aliens invaded the goddamn earth, and didn't they kill the president? But next episode for all the shows, nothing's changed.

It was just bad

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

Cisco is a nerd with no social life or friends outside work who has the super power to see into and travel to other universes.

That dude probably does nothing but peep on other worlds and make spreadsheets and charts about them.

They really need to establish that he's been visiting other universes just to get variants of nerd poo poo. Like, the version of the Matrix where they cast Will Smith as Neo, or that Aliens movie James Cameron was working on that in our universe got shelved to make way for Aliens vs Predator

In an infinite multiverse, they must exist, and Cisco would expend energy to track them down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really like new Black Canary. So far it seems like the only things about her are that she's competent and likable. I hope they connect her more to the show, right now she could go back to her own planet at any point and it wouldn't change much.

• Locked thread