Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

That was a pretty good episode but yeah I can't imagine Lance got secret subliminal ninja training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

nelson posted:

Actually this season makes the most sense. Kill when necessary but not when unnecessary.
There are 4 mini-Felicities now to stop Ollie from killing.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

I actually agree with you, but that's not what the typical perception has been. We need to get people back on board. I remember when there would be pages of liveposting.
Last season was kind of bad.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

howe_sam posted:

My guess is a resurrected by Flashpoint Laurel?
That's not how Flashpoint works. poo poo just changed and nobody remembers any different.

Disappointed by the Evelyn reveal. I hope they do something interesting with it other than "Oh she's evil and working with Prometheus".

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

The problem with Evelyn being the mole is, didn't Ollie recruit her? What were they going to do if he hadn't?

Unless Prometheus approached her afterwards.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

After the Alchemy* reveal on Flash, I think we can all be sure that Prometheus is Felicity's boyfriend.

...who is such a well-fleshed out character and everyone knows his name.

*ok so there's probably more to that than meets the eye but still...

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

jscolon2.0 posted:

Agreed. And also because The Flash has established face swapping tech exists, he's also Tommy.
Hmmm actually now I'm convinced that Nu-Wells isn't actually a Wells at all. :tinfoil:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

That episode was really good but I'll be mad as heck if they have Laurel come back from the dead as the mid-season cliffhanger and it turns out to be a hallucination. If they're going to do that it should just be an act break.

Kinda wish they'd used someone who we did see in Season 1, but Shkreli was a good target to base a character on. The Prometheus plot has been seriously good so far.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

:yikes:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

They also revealed that Harrison Wells was a bad person in like Episode 2 of the Flash though. It's not like him being Reverse Flash was a big surprise.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

X-O posted:

I like the Arrow episode of the crossover. I did not care for the others at all really. It showed the constraints of trying to do too much while not having enough resources. The Arrow episode worked to that show's strength where the others tried punching way above their weight and came out looking worse for it.
The Arrow episode was easily the best one, but kind of because it had the least to do with the crossover really. It was just a really nice 100th episode looking back on the series so far.

I enjoyed the crossover but it was kind of bad. What I enjoyed about it was seeing all the characters interact, the problem is that with the ensembles across 3 shows they had too many characters, even with basically dropping the non-important characters from other shows.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

The confession felt a bit weak there but I'm interested to see where they're going to go. Presumably someone's just going to slap him or something.

Aphrodite posted:

I wonder what happened with Dinah. It feels like she should have had a bigger thing going by now.
Continuing the fine Arrow tradition of introducing characters, doing nothing with them then writing them out.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I think the real question is why are Barry and Iris living in Thea's old apartment. :colbert:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I hope Oliver and Barry are roommates in Arrow Season 6.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Ape Agitator posted:

I take it by the longevity of this thread that the series has done well.
You obviously haven't read the thread title. :v:

I like the shows but they've all had ups and downs really. Flash hasn't been able to match it's 1st season at all, Arrow has been up and down etc. Supergirl is pretty good overall though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Longbaugh01 posted:

For a second I thought someone had actually bought that emoticon for this forum.

Someone should, and it should also be the thread icon for every CW DCU show. :v:

I should watch Arrow S2 again.

Ape Agitator posted:

Thanks, I'm probably going to do Arrow S2, stop Flash on a high point, Supergirl s2 (s1 was fun and I'm curious about the CW transition), and Legends s2.
As others have said, watch what you want but if you're enjoying them maybe consider continuing with them. It's still good tv, it's just a bit frustrating sometimes, and it cannot be stressed enough how boring the Hawkpeople and Vandal Savage are in Legends S1. However there's still really great stuff in there involving Snart and Rory, and some of the other characters. It's only 13 or 16 episodes or something anyway, it didn't have a full season order.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 7, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Uh Jessica Jones is a lot better than Luke Cage. So is Daredevil Season 1. Luke Cage starts well but goes downhill pretty quickly.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

That sizzle reel has me so hyped for next week. I'd hoped that there'd be a similar one for Flash but it doesn't look like it. :(

The Guest Cast list is going to take up half the episode.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I miss Roy just because it felt like he was barely Arsenal at all with all the Mirakuru/I killed a cop drama.

I'm rewatching the show right now though and am on Season 2 so it could just be my memory playing tricks on me. He leaves before the end of Season 3 though, right?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Phenotype posted:

I remember posting something like this when the episode aired, and being a little pissed I was taking Felicity's side, but here it is: She didn't break up with him because he didn't tell her about his son, she broke up with him because he didn't even THINK about discussing it with her when he decided he needed to keep his son far away.
He was given an ultimatum though, keep it a secret or never see his son again. It's an impossible situation, and it's annoying that the show seems to refuse to acknowledge that aspect of it. Felicity certainly has plenty of reason to feel that Oliver keeps things from her, and that he doesn't trust her, but the situation with William is a really bad example of it.

Overall I thought this was a great episode though. Getting to see a bit more of Dinah was nice, she's really had very little to do until now. The Curtis/Rene team-up is always great too. It's such a cliche but the actors really pull it off quite well.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Roy had Mirakuru, Thea had a crash-course/brainwashing in League of Assassins training by Dadcolm.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I hope they don't kill Thea to write her out, just have her leave town or something. Ollie has lost enough family members. :smith:

e: The Lance family have had enough deaths also.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Based on Season 4 it was an appropriate thread title. There's no point in changing it just because the season has genuinely been good.

The Lord Bude posted:

This has been a great season. I think you could debate whether this season or season 2 is the better one, and both sides would have merit.
I just finished rewatching Season 2, I think it was better but this has still been great (and to be fair, we haven't seen the finale yet so it could get even better).

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Q_res posted:

It's amazing what getting rid of the dullest, creepiest love triangle in television history will do for you, huh?
Also having interesting, fun, cheesy villains.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Miami Vice Darhk was the best.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Holy poo poo that was a great finale. Slade pretending to be a turncoat multiple times was a bit silly (seemed more realising the first time since they'd been jumped). Malcolm's "death" was great, but yeah it's easily undone if they do want to bring Barrowman back. The set up at the end was brilliant with Ollie having to CHOOSE.

I reckon Slade will have died, but everyone else will have survived. Given that Rene, Curtis and Dinah are regulars next season, they said they won't kill Thea, doubt they will kill Felicity or Lance. Isn't Black Siren supposed to be in next season too? It'll be interesting if William sticks around. Maybe his mother will be killed? I think that would be a bit harsh.

Oh I loved the whole scene with Moira. She was a great character and I always love seeing her back.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Uh did the full Ninja Warrior video get posted? Because holy poo poo.

https://youtu.be/WCzInz6i3jI

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I enjoyed the Russia flashbacks way more than the Season 4 Lian Yu ones. I seriously would zone out every time a flashback started last season. All I remember was the brother and sister, and something about an idol?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

And then they went and brought Deadshot back two more times anyway. Once as an alternate universe Floyd Lawton and then again this last season as a hallucination/ghost.
I reckon that they can get away with it if it's just "Floyd Lawton" and not Deadshot, or anything particularly recognisable about him.

GobiasIndustries posted:

God drat, DC is bad at movies. Regardless of whether you like them Marvel has been cranking out movies like mad and Fox owns like half their IPs. Get your poo poo together, DC.
All I could think of when the DC logo came up at the start of Wonder Woman was "Hey! Look at all these great characters who we could have been making films about for years!"

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I mean Ollie already started the ball rolling with that by opening a club in his Dad's old warehouse in Season 1.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

When Arrow started, I wasn't really that into it and stopped watching it. I picked it back up for 2 reasons, 1) The Flash was spinning out of it, and 2) I'd seen friends share posts by Amell on Facebook etc and he seemed like a genuinely awesome person.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

X-O posted:

I see posts and keep thinking there's Arrow news or something but it's always posts about the lovely shows that are not Arrow. Why are any of you even watching Flash at this point?

Flash Season 4 - Watching just to understand this years CW CROSSOVER EVENT!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Rip is ok, and is occasionally great. The Hawks were the worst and most boring characters.

Also I thought Ray was a bit dull in S1, I didn't feel the love triangle they had going with him, Kendra and Hawkman worked very well. The writing of him improved immeasurably in S2 though, I like his friendships with Sara and Nate a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

He was dull in Season 1 because he had little development beyond "Savage killed my family" until the end of the season. When he returned in Season 2 they were able to actually do a bit more with him.

Also Arthur Darvill isn't a bad actor at all.

• Locked thread