Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Hey BSS I got a question for you. Why is it when I read the star wars comics that I liked in my youth, they now instead annoy and infuriate me?

DROIDS is still cool pinkie swear.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

Wow I remember that and having just watched the first episode again, no it has in fact aged very very badly.
I meant the Dark Horse series.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 9, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

Teach me to do taxes

How redbackground does his taxes:

Step 1) Pays H&R Block

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

I didn't mean it like, "Peter should be charged with manslaughter". Marvel seems to be officially unsure and go back and forth on it, like the time they took out the snap sound effect, and I was wondering if people thought it was a neat turn or if it was needlessly dark or what.

If what was a neat turn?

Also, CBR's Comic Book Legends Revealed #573 from April 2016 showed that Marvel has never removed the sound effect from any of their reprints of Amazing Spider-Man #121. #doyourresearch

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 12, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, basically that. Is it Peter's fault? No. Is he going to feel guilty about it forever because his last-ditch attempt failed and is technically the thing that killed her, even though all moral responsibility lies with the rear end in a top hat who dropped her off a goddamn bridge? Oh yes.

How old was Peter supposed to be then?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Well we did do some awesome off road biking this weekend. Your bike held up very well.

I did some off road driving this evening to avoid t-boning another car that pulled out right in front of me on a main road and nearly slammed into a tree right after avoiding that. My vacation is off to a fine start!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

Avoided t-boning another car, nearly slammed into a tree. Sounds like good fortune to me!

It did all work out but jesus it was terrifying. Two Asian girls who were behind us when it happened did stop to make sure we were okay, and that was appreciated.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Sep 19, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

No, he was probably just horrible burned. There's a serious risk he'll die from infection because his skin was burned off by tar. Even if he survives all that he's gonna be all hosed up and scarred for the rest of his life.

That's just a sad real life story, not a fun comic book story
Still not as bad as one of my wife's highschool classmates who had an entire dumptruck of hot-asphalt-or-tar-or-something accidentally empty its contents all over his car as he was parked behind it at a red light.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

It actually sounds way worse.

Well, the guy burned to death trapped in his car sooooooooooo evensies?

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

I had to have my cat put to sleep this evening.

I know she was only a cat, but she was a loyal friend and companion for 15 years and it was still one of the hardest decisions I think I've ever had to make.

:(

Sorry :(

• Locked thread