Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I have PMs now, so if anyone ever wants to talk, that'd be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So that's who the Duke from Preacher is! Wow, I never knew Garth Ennis revived this old obscure comic book character.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I hope whichever company owns him now gives him a new book in the next wave of relaunches.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Think of it as a mercy killing.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Roth posted:

Sheriff of Babylon is great. More people should definitely check it out.

What kind of food do they serve?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

site posted:

It is me, the one who has sold old systems and now painfully regrets it.

I sold my 3DS before it was even outdated. :smith:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Man, sometimes I wish I could live in the sixth generation of consoles forever.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ghostlight posted:

I am the idiot video game machine collector.

Why do I even own a Jaguar? I've literally never played it.

There's always Alien vs Predator, Zool, and Tempest 2000.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It looks fun. :shrug:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

We're dangerously close to bursting into an actual console war here, so let me just say:

The Wii U has the best selection of games of the current gen.

Which says a lot more about how mediocre a generation this is overall. Splatoon does loving rule tho.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The PS3's blu-ray stuff is always funny to me because when it came out everyone was making fun of it as though blu-rays were the next betamax. And then...they weren't.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

Physical media of any kind is basically betamax honestly

Well, now, but blu-ray still came out as the dominant physical media since it was introduced.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

joehonkie posted:

New consoles wouldn't do me any good. I would still end up playing my massive Steam backlog and terrible F2P MMOs.

Same, except I really need a better computer.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
ahhh I'm really sorry you guys :(

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I watched Hey Arnold! in the early 2000s and that's responsible for my confusion over if I count as a 90s kid or not. Older stuff like Clarissa Explains It All flies right by me.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Inkspot posted:

If we're going by Nickelodeon rules, the true test is what Legends of the Hidden Temple team you want(ed) to be on.

I watched Legends of the Hidden Temple too! It was like, kid Ninja Warrior...

Anyway, I've always known now that "90s kid" means "kid who lived through the 90s", but I used to be puzzled by it because I was born mid-decade and remember a lot of poo poo from that era, and a lot of the clickbait poo poo is CatDog and Rugrats and all that jazz, which I loved as a kid.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Because the Expanded Universe is bad and terrible.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

site posted:

I was kinda hoping this was gonna link to some crazy comic book version of the Bible

There's always The Brick Testement.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So, where does everyone stand on the "Peter killed Gwen" debate? Good? Bad? A guy with a gun?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I didn't mean it like, "Peter should be charged with manslaughter". Marvel seems to be officially unsure and go back and forth on it, like the time they took out the snap sound effect, and I was wondering if people thought it was a neat turn or if it was needlessly dark or what.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Where's the Kirby vs New York Nazis movie.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

While the forums were down I learned that two of my friends died relatively recently. 2016 is a pretty awful year.

I'm so sorry Lurdiak :( I hope you're doing okay.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Madkal posted:

2016 isn't all bad guys. I just got engaged.

This post will come back to haunt you if you ever have a bitter divorce.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

redbackground posted:

I did some off road driving this evening to avoid t-boning another car that pulled out right in front of me on a main road and nearly slammed into a tree right after avoiding that. My vacation is off to a fine start!

Avoided t-boning another car, nearly slammed into a tree. Sounds like good fortune to me!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Todd's been a weird dick for a long time.

I can't believe Todd McFarlane is Reaper.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Aw, you're cool too, dawg.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So someone won't pay 3 million after a steroid scandal, but will pay thousands and thousands of dollars still? Rich people are crazy.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I was a huge McGuire fan when I was like 4 and I've always been kind of sad about the steroids thing.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Madkal posted:

When you think about it aren't sports stars real life heroes, and when you find out they cheat it's like being a resident in Gotham and finding out Batman kept breaking Joker out of Arkham just so he could capture him again and look good. Or more accurately that Batman was juicing on venom.

Or that his butler was secretly getting his theater friends to just pretend to be villains!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

X-O posted:

You mean don't want a forum filled with about 20 or so "Who would win in a fight" threads bitching about power levels and stats? You weirdo.

I'm :goonsay: as hell and would love that if not for the low quality uh, grammar and stuff. Give me a forum with lengthy intelligent debates about who would win in a fight and I could die content.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Madkal posted:

I see GBS doesn't exist anymore. What happened to the cesspit that was GBS?

Piglet finally pulled the trigger.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Sadly Helldump was already long gone when DT equated Jason Todd's comic book death and resurrection with real world rape.

I do love you Rhyno, but at times you come off as a little too aggressive and pre-occupied with this whole subject.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Understandable.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

Yeah because being banned always keeps lovely posters out of BSS

I feel like there's some sort of sarcastic subtext here that I'm not catching.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My proposed solution is that Talia took some of Bruce's blood to create artificial sperm with which to turkey baster.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ghostlight posted:

Kirby's men all look like sentient squares.

That's what I keep saying! And his anatomy is terrible; Look at this! How is this happening!?

Doesn't mean he's bad by any measure.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

None of you guys have any proof that his consciousness hasn't become connected to the tar.

I was thinking less tar powers, more "The Burning".

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey Wheat Loaf, I didn't see your post at first, but I'm gonna add on to the condolences. Hope you're doing okay.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

That being said, TNG was a loving horrible tv show, and this is a very good example of why.

YOU'RE a loving horrible tv show! :argh:

I want to say TNG is my favorite but I know that instantly becomes devalued when I add "tied with Enterprise".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

Aliens in Sci-Fi are parables for interracial or intercultural interactions and when they're good they attempt to show us a better way. In TNG every time they interact with an Alien culture, or every time Worf comes into conflict with a human on the Enterprise the solution is for either the new planet or Worf to act more like the rest of the Enterprise or Federation. Racist is probably too strong of a term, but culturally imperialist definitely fits.

Source your quotes man this guy sounds like a hilarious jackass.

• Locked thread