Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Toxxupation posted:

It's Rune Wars, apparently.

Also, they apparently decided to call it before round five. So, to recap: hour setup, about five hours of play time, for a game they DIDN'T FINISH, and she ends up in third place. Which, looking online, is of an at most four possible places.

That's Fantasy Flight Games in a nutshell. I've had the same experience with Arkham Horror and Tannhauser. They seem to be going for a fusion of board game and tabletop RPG, but for some reason they think that requires them to include the most tedious aspects of both of those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Aphrodite posted:

Were you born in the 80s? Because if not, no.

As one of only 3 people at my workplace over 30 (indeed, over 25,) this is a conversation I've had a few times too many.

• Locked thread