Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The goals in MTL-ORL have been, in order: keeper fuckup, total backline fuckup, CB fuckup.

It's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Annnnnd Montreal's keeper gets a red for stopping a 1 on 1 by grabbing the attacker's right leg with both hands.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Was going to say, might as well add silly red card to the list.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Nice goal, loving stupid celebration

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

whypick1 posted:

Annnnnd Montreal's keeper gets a red for stopping a 1 on 1 by grabbing the attacker's right leg with both hands.

Please tell me he was gazing piteously at Drogba as he walked off, screaming I LEARNED IT FROM YOU!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Stupid Galaxy

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Free Dan Kennedy

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Did you know soccer is on tonight?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
No. You didn't.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Did you know soccer is on tonight?

Your Boy Fancy posted:

No. You didn't.

Beautiful.

I watched a few minutes and saw some sloppy goals and I think a decent one. Decided playing Monopoly was a better choice.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
A lot more soccer is on today. Some of which have ~*PLaYoFf iMpLiCaTiOnS*~

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
It's a nice late summer/early autumn evening around 70 degrees (which is 21.111 for our Canadian friends tonight) here at Toyota Park for the 2nd to last place in the east Chicago Fire taking on the 3rd place Toronto FC.

Now despite being on last place for all season the men in red still have a chance to make the playoffs as the east in whole been very bad. If the fire the could make the playoffs it would one weird way to possible end of the reign of the current ownership as the Fire is rumored to be sold soon.

Anyway the Fire been on a sorta roll lately recently winning their first road game in two years and had a good impressive win last week. Toronto won't have some players and some are coming of world cup qualifications games for their national teams so maybe the Fire could put that in their favor.

So maybe the Fire can pull this off and steal a win and maybe just maybe make the playoffs.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Agudelo scored a touchdown

e- wow a pretty tight angle

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Two point conversion

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Remember when Vancouver signed Waston and I told you guys that he was a slow clumsy idiot liability? I'm glad he turned out to be good after all, because he has been incredible for the national time lately and pretty good in this MLS game that I'm watching tonight.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
In the 37 min Toronto scores. 1 - 0 Toronto

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
That was a lovely turnover by Alvarez when we were on the counter, but got drat Jozy is on fire lately.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
NE are beating NYCFCYCQ 3-1 and have been dominating the game.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I mean that was pretty much a victory cigar/garbage goal (especially now that Columbus ate a red card and a couple of late unsubbable injuries) but still yay Erik Hurtado for not being ENTIRELY useless. 3-1 Vancouver in Columbus in stoppage time.

(we still won't make the playoffs but maybe Portland will lose enough to make it interesting!)

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Rapids at Burn, 25' in, makeshift lineup and a short bench. The takeaway so far is while they haven't looked great the Rapids haven't done anything incredibly stupid either.

I'll take it I guess.

:shrug:

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Yellow on Sjoberg because urruti ran into him like a hatchback into a brick wall. I don't get it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Yellow on Sjoberg because urruti ran into him like a hatchback into a brick wall. I don't get it.

Watch it again. The ball goes over him and he sees it, then steps to stay in front of Urruti and blocks him from moving forward. Urruti sold it but it was a foul.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Switched to NE vs NY and the pitch is breaking my brain

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Simone Poodoin posted:

Remember when Vancouver signed Waston and I told you guys that he was a slow clumsy idiot liability? I'm glad he turned out to be good after all, because he has been incredible for the national time lately and pretty good in this MLS game that I'm watching tonight.

Do they air MLS on CR television?

Simone Poodoin posted:

You don't like instantly knowing how far out a shot was taken from?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Seltzer posted:

Do they air MLS on CR television?

Sometimes on the Fox/ESPN channels, never on local TV. I'm just watching streams today.

Seltzer posted:

You don't like instantly knowing how far out a shot was taken from?

Not in uncivilized "yards"

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

A funny goal scored by Toronto in the 52 min of play, 2 - 0 Toronto.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

No shutout tonight as the Fire scores in the 57 min of play, 2 - 1 Toronto.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Whaddaya know. Put David Accam on and we score.

Weird

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

El Jebus posted:

Watch it again. The ball goes over him and he sees it, then steps to stay in front of Urruti and blocks him from moving forward. Urruti sold it but it was a foul.

I'll watch for it when I catch the replay. With this team lately you need a lot of beer and people to complain with.

Meanwhile the Rapids aren't losing at the half, and the only bad note is Sjoberg's yellow. I'll take it.

:unsmith:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Whoa, the schnoz on this Arshyarkyan kid

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

One dumbass yellow to Burch, followed by a goal by Badji? Hell yeah I'll take it. :unsmith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
FC Dallas looking great for a half second, a half-drunk mess on the next half second.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

That is *not* a yellow on Hairston.

Edit - probably should have been a yellow on Azira so I'll take it. Reluctantly.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 11, 2016

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Oh good now Kevin Doyle gets knocked out in Dallas. Between Serna and Kevin Doyle this has been a rough year in Dallas for the Rapids.

3' or so left. Rapids holding on 1-0.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Wondo

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

RAPIDS WIN! Hello second place we missed you :bigtran:

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Bench Mears

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Simone Poodoin posted:

Gilette is the best come pats season.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Highlights at half in Portland are:

We put one past Rimando
A praying mantis that spent the last 15 minutes of the half wandering around the 18 was saved by stadium staff and released outside.

Oh, and Ridgewell has been toying with Moyvisian all night.

highme fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Time to crush dc

• Locked thread