Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Hope nobody minds me reposting this from a few pages back, but I'm selling alt-art cards to try to get some money thanks to a car bill. Feel free to PM me or email me at my username at gmail.

1x Chaos Theory
1x Swordsman
5x Mushin No Shin
5x Bank Job
1x Haley Kaplan
4x Political Operative
1x Leela Patel
1x PAD Campaign
3x Plascrete Carapace
2x Pop-up Window

For FFG plastic tokens, I've got:
2 sets of NBN click trackers
1 set of power counters

I've also got Silhouette and Enforcer 1.0 deck boxes and a Run Amok playmat I could sell if anyone's interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Anyone have any suggestions for a Steve Cambridge deck for the Terminal Directive campaign? We're using just TD and one core, and I am torn between anarch breaker suite and using all my influence on Savant, MOpus, dhegdeer or however you spell it, and Corroder.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

I haven't played TD so every time I hear about Cambridge decks I still think Jinteki.

I actually played a TD campaign yesterday. I made a Skorpios (piss-poor) Supermodernism for rush plus kill threat. My opponent used the Shaper list given as a sample without the errata or any modifications. I won five games in a row to win the whole campaign in one afternoon.

So yeah we're switching sides and playing the other IDs and both making decks. But the problem of criminal breaker suites is severe.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Time for my bad and dumb commentary on the cards!

Alice Merchant - Not sure if this is as impactful as Omar, and requires a 50 card deck. It seems like the corp trashes the card before accessing, so you get to access the trashed card. This could be good if they're flooded and bad if they stick a trap in archives after the point where you can jack out.

Jarogniew Mercs - Hey look an orange Plascrete with some protection against Best Defense. Will the other colors get a Plascrete replacement too, or do shapers and crim have to import this or rely on Sports Hopper? Not sure how this interacts with All-Seeing I.

Bug Out Bag - Would be pretty amazing with Faust, Severnus Stim Implant, or another reliable way to empty your hand on your turn. Seems a bit too janky otherwise. Not sure how it interacts with Best Defense.

Maui - It isn't Desperado. Maybe if all you ever want to do is run HQ, but even then, recurring credits are only good for one HQ run per turn so you can't even get Temujin synergy.

Keros McIntyre - I guess nice if you're already derezzing ice left and right. Saves two credits per use of Rubicon Switch? Slightly softens the blow of bird breaker derezzes? I don't see it honestly (this means Keros is secretly godlike because I'm wrong about everything).

Daredevil - 2 MU and sort-of Patron for 5 credits. I dunno. If you need 2 MU, Mirror is cheaper; maybe you're willing to pay 2 more credits for a useful ability. If you need card draw, Astrolabe.

Mass-Driver - A hilarious effect but is it worth the 8 credits, 2 MU, and 2 to break subs? Maybe jank-combo with Inversificator to make all the expensive ice behind the cheap gearcheck code gates. Or just get a pseudo-bypass with Kit since the corp wants code gates on the outside anyway.

Warroid Tracker - Stack 3 in the same server as your [insert any asset here] and make the runner cry. Throw in a Mumbad Virtual Tour just because. Or put them in your scoring server alongside your Breaker Bay Grid and 3 Black Level Clearances. Is it impactful enough to earn a deck slot in Moons? I don't know but people will certainly try it out.

Loki - My dream is to have just Loki and Mother Goddess rezzed, and host 3 Wetwork Refits on the Mother Goddess. Loki notably doesn't say it gains the "printed" subroutines, just the subroutines. But this is dumb jank (CI might try Mother Goddess + Loki without the Wetwork jank), and it might work just as well without the dumb jank. Despite the Bioroid subtype, if you have Loki copy, say, a Fairchild 3.0 it doesn't include the bit about being able to spend clicks to break. Only being 3 strength is a bit sad though.

Obokata Protocol - Film Critic is a card that exists. It will exist more frequently. That said I'm absolutely going to try slotting it into my RP prison deck. If I'm not mistaken, since the damage is an additional cost to steal and not an effect of stealing, it will flatline a runner even if they're on match point, unlike PE's ID ability.

Miraju - With all the templating errors recently, I'm not sure if the corp is supposed to shuffle a card from R&D into HQ if they choose not to draw. It's a nice deflection thing, but I don't think the subroutine is impactful enough for the runner to be bothered to break it and trigger the redirect. For that reason it won't even protect your DNA Tracker from getting Spooned. But I'm sure there's some AgInfusion combo that will love this. Something with Miraju as an inner archives ICE to bounce the runner to the outside of archives? But again, they could just choose not to break the subroutine. I don't get it.

Shipment from Tennin - Jinteki fast advance that doesn't require the setup of Trick of Light. Not sure if there's any ruse value in advancing a card that can't normally be advanced. Tennin Institute could theoretically never-advance a 5/3 with this, but the ID means runners are more likely to run anyway, turning off the Shipment as well.

Escalate Vitriol - Econ for a tagstorm deck? I don't know, I never see any yellow 4/2s getting played except Explode-a-palooza, and this doesn't seem better than that. Maybe it'll find a place in SYNC decks, I don't know.

Reeducation - It's a yellow 5/3, I never see those get play. This doesn't seem good enough to change that.

Traffic Analyzer - If there is a yellow glacier deck, this could probably go in it. Not unique, so stick 3 in your scoring remote. Maybe with Chimera for extra jank. Maybe put them in your centrals in your Aryabata Tech deck. I dunno.

Meteor Mining - They call out the classic Netrunner card I Got a Rock in the flavor text. This, sir, is no I Got a Rock. How are you meant to FA this after landing two tags for a kill? And even if you did, BOOM is cheaper and easier for the same effect. Or you can gain 7 credits after spending 5 advancing this. I don't see it. Maybe there's something there for Jemison but do they want to score a 5/2 when they could be scoring a 5/3?

(For reference, I Got a Rock
Asset - Black Ops - 3 to rez, 2 to trash
Click, [forfeit] 3 agenda points: Do 15 meat damage to the Runner. Use this ability only if the Runner has two or more tags.)

Standoff - Agenda fodder for Archer/Oberth but a nonbo with Jemison's ID ability. It's extra agendas for Argus to trigger off steals. If you score it from your opening hand instead of a Hostile, you avoid the bad pub but only net 3 credits and have to discard. Maybe it's best scored on your second turn, after icing up so you can keep the card you draw, assuming the runner doesn't want to trash any of their turn 1 setup. Or maybe it's best left in the binder.

Success - Clearly just for upgrading one agenda into another with Jemison. Need an extra click from somewhere to FA from hand. Advances the card rather than places advancement counters, probably specifically to work with Oberth Protocol but hey, the Renovations are live too! Maybe there's a 7-point combo with Hollywood Renovation somewhere. Jemison + Success lets you turn a 5/3 into a Government Takeover even without Oberth. Then you remember that Employee Strike is a thing.

Whampoa Reclamation - 3 to rez, 2 influence. Too expensive to replace Jackson pre-rotation and I suspect post-rotation as well. But hey, it's not unique so you could get 3 cards out of archives each turn, in theory.

Mass Commercialization - A niche but I suspect playable econ card. Builder of Nations loves it, but you only need 2 cards with advancement tokens to turn it into a 0-cost Hedge Fund. That's just, say, an Ice Wall and Hortum in any Weyland deck, or two turns of the runner not successfully running in Tennin. And it's a transaction, so BABW is a thing? Purple and yellow decks don't care about this card at all though.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Flashbang requires you to be all-in on derezzing because it can't break subs. So every sentry the corp rezzes is a MINIMUM 6 credits for you to break, assuming you don't have to pump. You really need to combo this with Forged Activation Orders or En Passant to make any repeated runs.

Seedling Transfer... maybe in AgInfusion? They would probably rather score a Nisei like every other Jinteki though. Depends on the agenda suite I guess.

Diana's Hunt - What the hell are you hoping to install? SMCs, that are already free? So you're paying 4 for a run event to save one click, maybe two at best, if you have multiple SMCs in hand? Maybe you're getting a fifth click with Beth, drawing all your breakers with Duggar's, installing them for free, then popping SacCons to save them from the trash? Maybe we're meant to import this into Geist for use with his cloud breakers that get trashed anyway, but we kinda want those installed ahead of time anyway to up their strength. I'm just not seeing it.

Fractal - Doesn't appear to be unique, Skorpios wants it but probably no one else, probably better for random snipes than trying to go all-in stacking three copies plus Underway Renovation to mill out the runner. 4 to rez is rather expensive for that, and if you're playing Skorpios you're getting EStriked (EStruck? EStricken?)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

hahahaha :cawg: did they really put the sac effect after the colon? I'd say "what a clever intentional thing" but that's clearly just (yet another) colossal templating fuckup/inconsistency on FFG's part.

clowns.

Even if it did, are you gonna sink 6+ credits on something that can be Best Defensed before you can trigger it?

The Fall Guys themselves help against Best Defense. But it doesn't address the issue of what kind of deck you're building where you controllably go down to zero cards before your end of turn triggers.

TheParadigm posted:

Does bug out bag dodge end of turn hand limits?

You discard down to max hand size before end of turn triggers, so yes.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Ok gang. Link me to dead simple, straightforward and powerful decks and I'll play em tonight. I'm thinking Gabe and BaBW?

E: What am I forgetting in these:

Regass Gabe

Regass BaBW

Forbidden links.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I fixed them (I think)?

I'm still getting 403 forbidden errors.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Machai posted:

That's a lot of errors

I am persistent.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So, Standoff is unplayable, got it.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

You can't even score it for Archer food because the Runner may just trash the unrezzed Archer. It's only purpose might be as something to feed the Runner out of Argus.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rover Algorithm - Would be fine except for all the new blue derezzing toys on top of all the orange destruction toys. Probably too marginal to see play.

Mars for Martians - Might see play even without floating tags just for the card draw. I'm not sure how many clan resources are actually worth playing, though.

God of War - 2 credit for 1 strength, base zero, can only break two subs per turn without support cards. Garbage.

O2 Shortage - Hey, if purple can somehow force the runner to end their turn with no cards in hand, they can save a whole entire credit on Biotic Labor!

Helheim Servers - Possibly hilarious in CI, too marginal for use anywhere else.

Leave No Trace - For 2 credits, it's either a Blackmail or a mini-Siphon (or possibly mega-Siphon in mid to late game), two really oppressive cards. The fact that the corp picks their own poison isn't much of a detractor from the power level.

Rip Deal - Hey, speaking of oppressive cards, this one can get them back for you! I can't wait to be hit with Siphon early game, think I'm in the clear because they're all in the bin, only to see them all come back in a single click thanks to this card. brb making a Skorpios deck with 6 currents to keep Employee Strike turned off. Oh wait, they can recur those with this card as well.

Flashbang - Way too expensive to use on... well, pretty much anything.

Mandatory Seed Replacement - I just don't see the play here. Jinteki is getting enough marginal ice-rearranging cards that no one would play a 4/2 to get the same effect.

Water Monopoly - PE might like it (but not as much as House of Knives), and even then you need to score it early to be useful. Or you can just play Scarcity, a neutral current that's twice as impactful.

Metamorph - Speaking of marginal ice-rearranging cards...

Data Loop - Paying a premium for an on-encounter effect a la Tollbooth, but at least Tollbooth ends the run if the runner can't pay the credits. At least you make people still running Faust sad.

Biased Reporting - Templating! Who gains the credit per card trashed? Would have been so devastating if it read, "The Runner may [trash their stuff] of that type to gain 1 credit for each card trashed."?

Bloo Moose - It's Hard At Work but neutral and not crap! Thank god it's unique.

Lean and Mean - Inversificator Kit decks are happy with this, and maybe Eater/Keyhole decks since it's 1 influence? I dunno, it just seems too conditional and too marginal to be of use.

Maven - I can't see Shapers that run enough programs to make Maven worthwhile actually in need of Maven as a backup breaker. Could be hilarious in a Geist deck with cloud breakers, though. Maybe less so after e3 rotates.

Na'Not'K - Ehhh... I mean, it does fuctionally have a base strength of 2 (assuming the server is protected by 1 sentry ice), and it is a Shaper killer that breaks a sub for just one credit. But the current Shaper meta is all Savant and Adjusted Matrix and other shenanigans that make a traditional killer unwarranted.

Open Forum - Weyland gets their own crap version of DBS! Having said that, even a crap version of DBS is a good card. Get three out and you can set up your Accelerated Diagnostics combo without using another combo piece like Hasty Relocation OR a click.

Tithonium - Probably more valuable for existing in the meta than actually playing, as runners will have to get their fracter and killer out against a Weyland player with Hostile scored. I appreciate that it can be hard-rezzed with credits, and Blue Sun probably does as well.

Transparency Initiative - The fact that this isn't templated like Casting Call basically makes it unplayable. But I want to know what happens if you use it on Oaktown Renovation? Can you make it a 2-credit profit from the start, or does it not work on already-public agendas? And what if I stack three of these on an agenda? Can I make Oaktown into a click for 6 credits card?

CirclMastr fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jul 14, 2017

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Anyone have any suggestions for post rotation runner decks?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Or be like me and play a horribly oppressive prison deck that runs Blacklist.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Karnegal posted:

Is there a good list has what's leaving and what's being added. I don't want to manually check it off against the spoiler.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g4klp1AUwqzkwKFFG0_SwB3acmHMdiVOsDiyI65N8Cc/htmlview

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Welp, no more Jinteki Prison for me. At least I've been working on a Skorp list that... only needs a GFI replacement it looks like, and with hopefully fewer EStrikes and/or less recursion around might have actually gotten a bump in power. My Shaper list, meanwhile, is going to have to make some hard choices.

Someone please remind me why I decided that this would be the year I go to Worlds?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Anyone else in the thread desperately trying to deckbuild for Worlds?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Static Equilibrium posted:

Ya the turtle breaker is pretty nuts. I think IP Block and Macrophage are going to be all over the place at worlds.

I went to King of Surfers on Saturday in San Diego, which was the last hurrah for Core 1.0 pre-rotation. Turtle power, IP Block, and Macrophage were all over the place even there.

Static Equilibrium posted:

My current brilliant plans are En Passant Los and Boom! CI, which will be fun KoS decks if nothing else.

How are you planning to land two tags? HHN and hope the runner can't clear tags?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

What if FFG was the true evil corporation all along???

It's a good thing we live in the reality where evil corporations only exist in fiction.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

SSL Endorsement isn't the WORST agenda, but nobody's ever going to run Bacterial Programming, especially not for their deluded rationale about disrupting multiaccess.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Yithian posted:

It'll be something like "Trace 1: Gain 5 credits".

Given that there's already a money one and they all seem to revolve around "enable Punitive", I'm guessing "When x is scored or stolen, you may search R&D for an operation, reveal it, and add it to HQ."

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I really don’t know if there should be cash prizes for Premier events. I think there’s audience enough to support it if Asmodee wanted to.

When people are hacking netrunnerdb for an advantage already, I think cash prizes would be a huge mistake.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I only ever bought 2 cores and I'm flying to Worlds in the morning. You definitely don't need to go all in on 3 cores right away.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

It's starting soon, I'm so loving nervous. If I could split the six rounds I'd be elated.

EDIT: Went 3-9, confirming my status as a terrible player.

CirclMastr fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 5, 2017

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

ZorajitZorajit posted:

You know you can play online right? Speaking of which, somebody should get a league going again...

Are you volunteering? I promise no more prison decks.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

berenzen posted:

I can put one together. I don't know what I'll do with crim in such a dire shape though.

Geist all day erry day

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

berenzen posted:

But I don't like geist. I was so sad seeing both Gang Sign and MOpus on the restricted list, because the big issue I have with my Leela deck is that it struggles for cash.

You could try Fan Site plus The Shadow Net to get some extra econ bursts in the midgame.

I honestly don't know why there was never a Runner version of Restructure, but now there's no Corp version either so oh well.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

AgentF posted:

There's IPO?

I mean the "spend 10 to gain 15" effect specifically, which had a Corp card but no Runner card. Unlike Hedge Fund which had Sure Gamble, and Beanstalk Royalties which had Easy Mark.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Zephro posted:

Mortgage
Event, 15 credits
Gain 10 credits

That might actually be worse than Loan from Chiba

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

All the trashes are simultaneous, but you can still use prevention effects so Fall Guys as well as Dummy Box should work.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Elizabeth Mills posted:

Dummy Box is DOA thanks to the "by the corp" clause on it.

That's what I get for not reading Dummy Box correctly.

Actually I don't because Sacrificial Clone isn't worth playing.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Elizabeth Mills posted:

Ready to play irl this Sunday at a gnk, but no idea what runner to play (Corp is ctm bullshit), someone sell me on something that isn't shaper bullshit

Valencia AuMAWkua with Rebirth into either Alice, Kim, or Omar depending on matchup. Don't forget Mining Accident, Investigative Journalism, and Itinerant Protesters for the jank.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Finster Dexter posted:

What's the corp equivalent of running Apex? That's what I want to play.

So, the worst corp? Either HB: Custom Biotics (if you mean worst ID) or Harishchandra Entertainment (for worst ID of the worst faction)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The site appears to be down now, but IIRC the original Account Siphon from the CCG cost 1 credit to play, was mandatory on a successful run (not "If successful, you may..."), gave the runner 10 credits and 1 tag, and only took 1 credit from the corp. Making it very clearly an econ card and not a credit denial card to be spammed and lock down the corp.

It would be very easy to balance that version of Account Siphon to the current card pool. e.g. make it cost 2 credits and now it's 2-for-10 like Day Job but doesn't take your whole turn. Or, make it Priority and now it's a 1-for-10 like Peace in Our Time that can't be SOT'd. Or just have it remove itself from the game like Mining Accident.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Knifed works pretty well too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Zephro posted:

So one of my new year's resolutions is to finally play Terminal Directive in my lunch hour with a buddy who works nearby.

What's the best way to do it? I've heard people suggest Core + TD only, which makes sense. What about Revised Core?

Definitely use Revised Core. Account Siphon is super oppressive and TD's campaign has an unlockable ability for runner that would lead to infinite Siphon spam.

• Locked thread