Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
What an embarrassing OP :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
Perhaps if it wasn't so "in character". It did contain useful links and pertinent information, but, my god, it just makes my eyes glaze over.

Edit: I haven't played Netrunner for two years or so. At the time, it had a regular following at my local game store. Has much changed since the lunar themed expansion released? Have any sets ended up being phased out for tournament play?

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

StashAugustine posted:

Nothing has rotated yet, but it's slated to happen at the end of the current cycle. In terms of changes, uh, basically everything is topsy-turvy in terms of meta (Anarchs are top dogs then Crim/Shapers runner wise, NBN top corpside followed by uhh HB and Jinteki kill I guess) especially since they put out a restricted list (increasing influence cost on certain cards, even in-faction) and errata'ing a few.

NBN has been top corp since the day Plascrete Carapace knocked Weyland from that spot two data packs in. Glad to see that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
I havent player Netrunner since midway through the SanSan cycle, but yesterday a couple of friend asked me to show them how to play. I set them up with my old Kit stealth suite deck and a Titan Transnational trick of light all-the-advancement-tokens deck. Even though all I did was referee and teach the game, it really reminded me just how much I enjoy Netrunner. I know there has been a lot of errata and deck building restrictions introduced, so I'll have to find someone at my local game store willing to play with my casual old school decks. What's the meta these days? When I last used to play every Tuesday, Replicating Perfection was the King Of poo poo Mountain, and I think MaXX eater decks where a thing.

I've got a couple other questions if someone wouldn't mind answering an old timer:

What's the deal with the new Legacy style Netrunner expansion? The one where you put stickers on a sheet to track meta changes?

Next, how is the Netrunner community doing? Are there still big crowds at game stores for Netrunner night?

And finally, if I want to go out and buy a couple data packs to catch up (my most recent pack was Breaker Bay I think? The 2nd or 3rd San San anyhow), where should I start? Normally I'd go straight for the deluxe box, but it seems to be sold out since it's $50 on Amazon. I guess what I'm asking is where do I get the new must-have cards like the J-How and Plascrete of yesteryear?

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

Static Equilibrium posted:

No one has played it yet but it looks like it's more or less what it says on the box: a legacy style campaign stapled to a small-box expansion. It's supposedly designed to work well even if you just have a core set. There will be a release event with sweet promos. Everyone I know is pretty excited for it, but time will tell if it ends up being good.

Last year's regional numbers and this year's store champ numbers are down from 2015 due to the Mumbad cycle being super miserable in terms of play experience and Flashpoint having some pretty degenerate cards. That being said, Worlds was huge and the two metas I've played in this past year (Colorado and southern Massachusetts) seem relatively healthy in spite of the attrition, and the new designer just did an interview where he said in no unclear terms that he (and FFG) know it's an issue and will be working to fix it.

Blood Money and Quorum are probably the best two packs to buy for runner right now, not sure about corp.

Thanks for the tips. I'm excited to get back into Netrunner, and I look forward to seeing how much things have changed since I left.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
What in the world is the art on Sacrifice supposed to show? Why has Jack Weyland installed an HR Geiger chair on Mars, and how does this produce income and good will?

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
Netrunner was cool and good. RIP Netrunner.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

Netrunner was cool and good. RIPWelcome back, Netrunner!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

Machai posted:

a soulless corporation

What if FFG was the true evil corporation all along???

• Locked thread