Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

berenzen posted:

Abram Jopp's (Creator of Dumblefork) has some good teaching decks for those who have all the datapack on his website.

Quoting a post from the first page, but just where on this Jopp's Wordpress site are these teaching decks for Core++? That site really isn't indexed well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

mitochondritom posted:

I've just started looking at all the data packs and stuff outside of the main core set in detail and I think its so cool how they focus on different "cultures" of the Netrunner world. I particularly like the mongolian themed ones in the more recent packs because its such a rarely featured area of the world in fiction, particularly cyberpunk fiction. Anyway do any of them focus on Netrunner Europe or Germany? I recently played Shadowrun Dragonfall which did such a good job of taking a cyberpunk setting outside of the usual Japan / San Fran / Anywhere in Gibson books setting.

Get the Worlds of Android book. You'll loving love it.

New Angeles basically has replaced Ecuador, is great. Also SanSan, SF to San Diego, BosWash, Africa is huge, and etc.

Then outside of earth there a mutherfuckin space elevator, a tethered asteroid, entire Mars colonies, and way more.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Edit - Hurf, the campaign was announced above.

jeeves fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 12, 2016

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
It's a new thread! Time to talk about storage again, especially with the 1000th card being released soon.

I bought 2x 2" Staples better binders a while back, but while bindering is great to browse through cards holy poo poo does it take forever to sort stuff back in. Plus numbering by set -> set number sucks.

I'm thinking of resorting by faction/card type, but maybe just getting rid of my binders all together, otherwise doing the 9x 1" binder things I've seen some people mention.

Curious what people who use their cards A LOT more than I ever get to do use.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
This game seriously NEEDS a Core 2.0. I am hopeful they are planning this.

So with Genesis and Spin cycling out, when is the next time the next two will cycle out, two years?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
You know what I wish more people would think up? Good Duel Decks.

This is what got me thinking of them: the Mean Streams of New Angeles Duel Decks (Runner / Corp). These decks look pretty balanced against each other, and use a lot of cards that are normally worthless in regular play but shine in this specific circumstance.

As someone who usually has to build both decks to try to get my friends to play at all, I find these pretty cool. And yeah, I know about the Worlds Decks, but those don't have the neat subpar cards that the above deck ideas have and make work well.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
They should just make a Netrunner 2.0 at this point.

The cost of buy in is way too high for anyone new. The living card game format seems to only really since for the first two years or so.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I am thinking of selling my Netrunner collection (2x core, 80% of the first four cycles), as I never get to play it really.

I'm hoping a new much more balance core set does come out, I'd love to just buy 1 one of those and enjoy a much more balanced core set experience than have a bazillion cards. I kind of came into this game late, bought too many cards, and ugh never got around to learning them due to being overwhelmed.

I'd rather play this game more as a board game than as a OWN EVERY CARD game, as I will never play this non-casually.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
So Netrunner peeps.

I never get to play this, and I am thinking selling my collection. However, I stopped right before the India cycle, so like half of my cards are worthless now, right?

What do you think a decent price for 2x Cores, and 80% of the first 4 cycles are? Basically "as much as someone wants to play?"

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Buy my used collection since I never get to play it anymore :[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Agent Rush posted:

Is that an offer?

Sure. PM me. I got 2x cores and like 80% of the packs from the first 4 cycles. Only the first two have now cycled out.

I'd keep them but I live in a smallish town with zero card scene outside of Magic.

• Locked thread