Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I'm beginning to think that Netrunner is a well-designed game that is pretty poorly developed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Untrashable assets would also make things like Tour Guide hard to deal with. I think one possible workaround is that untrashable assets would have some additional cost or condition over just straight credits to rez. Runners need X tags, runner/corp has X credits, Corp has X Bad Pub, X ICE (or subtype of ICE) rezzed, etc.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Can someone clue me in as to who Dan D'Argenio is and why that is apparently a thing?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

Would the factions all be flashed out and relatively balanced?

Maybe yes to the former, lol no to the latter.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

"Hey we think that Yog and all the rest of these cards limit design space since it looks like nobody is playing these cards."

*prints a card that invalidates any, but especially big, ICE*

I really hope there's a mistranslation and SIFR causes brain damage or something. That's a very Anarch flavor and while still very strong, doesn't come off as complete bullshit. Edit: holy poo poo it's 1 inf too.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

OhHiMaahk posted:

Tyrant at least saw some play in semi-competitive Tennin decks. I doubt salvage, zed and red tape have ever been removed from their card sleeves by anyone

Salvage makes a great bookmark.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

namad posted:

If all I own is 1 core set and I want to buy more cards, which ones are the best first investments to expand my pool?

I guess deluxe expansions would be good? because they never "rotate"?

Amazon has a two of them for 18-23$ instead of the msrp of 30$. Although I'm weary of this, are the discounted ones just the least popular least fun deluxe expansions with the worst cards (Creation and Control/Order and Chaos)?

You don't have PMs so I can't message you, but I want to liquidate my Netrunner collection if you want to just get it all at once.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

It triggers off of Maxx's effect doesn't it? I'd like to see that matchup.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

So new Plascrete goes to Anarchs?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Shockeh posted:

If you're listing the 'strongest runner cards this cycle' and Card #2 after Temujin isn't Sifr, you're nuts. Aaron is good in that he makes tagging much harder, and provides free draw, whilst Sifr just flat invalidates something every Corp MUST have.

One day the dream of a viable ICEless deck will come true (unless it already has, I haven't checked out the meta in a while).

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

https://imgur.com/a/mxofI#eMEHoO8

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I like how that will need an errata to say that level 3 cards should be +3 universal influence.

Just ban Anarchs and NBN already.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

berenzen posted:

And after the MWL dust settles, Frantic Coding MaXx reigns supreme.

I have no idea how that deck plays, even after reading that explanation. Good lord.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I think at some point, FFG made Core sets the size of Deluxe expansions. I think Conquest was the first to have the smaller one?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

It just sounds like they need to reboot the game with better designers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

GOT and Conquest don't/didn't show the design issues Netrunner has, although the latter of which has some things that never got proper support (Deep Strike, Necrons in general). The balance is obviously not always there, but I never thought "This is a poorly developed game" at any point.

• Locked thread