Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
yes yes zombies aren't real and if they were we'd probably all die or kill ourselves etc, but don't pretend you've never thought about it.

for the purposes of this thread assume they are "Walking Dead" style zombies, and you have maybe 3 or 4 days warning (mysterious illness reported on TV, reports via the internet etc) before your area is zombie central. Assume everyone nearby finds out roughly the same time as you so if you plan to escape by car, many roads etc will be blocked and stores will be packed.

Personally I have a few guns but nothing that'd help against more than a handful of zombies. Since the gunshots would probably draw more they'd have to be a last resort. I live in a semi-rural area with a 6-foot high fence so I'd be safe from a few roamers, but if a swarm came though, I'd be overrun. My plan would be to stay put for as long as possible and keep out of sight. I'd have the truck packed full of fuel, food and a generator so if there is a breakthrough I can high-tail it out of there and head for the bush (where I would probably starve to death or die stupidly).

What's your plan? I'm sure at least one of you has a concrete bunker packed with supplied purely for this occasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
no sprinting like 28 days, no saying "braaaains", think more of a shuffle where a "fresh" zombie could easily break through a window, but as they age, they revert to the weak shambling type whose only strength is numbers.

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
if you have a contingency plan for fast zombies feel free to share it as well.

• Locked thread