Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Duckman2008 posted:

Logistics on shipping are incredible.

My watch was in South Korea yesterday, then Alaska, then left Alaska at 436pm. Got into Louisville at 430am this morning. Out for delivery in my area of PA at 739am.

Even with time zones helping, its crazy to think how good shipping has become overall.

Remember when everything mail order was 6-8 weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I think people were posting jet black 7+ shipping status changes as far as October 4, curious as to when people with October 5 (I've got October 5-12 for a jet black 128gb 7+ in Canada) start seeing status changes.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Endless Mike posted:

I really wish they had made the rumored bluephone.

Maybe next year.

Yea that rumored blue phone looked really sick.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Still sitting on processing for a 7 Plus with Oct 4 - 10. Not upset at all. :) :) :) :)

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

LODGE NORTH posted:

Still sitting on processing for a 7 Plus with Oct 4 - 10. Not upset at all. :) :) :) :)

I'm salty as gently caress

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Still waiting for my local store to get any stock of the S2 watch at all. At least it's selling well?

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

LODGE NORTH posted:

My sept. 30 ship date 7+ matte just got a tracking label attached to it. next day air with ups. sprint is the worst ever but this helps a bit. chin up!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimcicle posted:

It also did a hard credit pull for the new loan. Doesn't bother me too much but I think that might be a deal breaker for some people.

That both makes sense and doesn't make sense. I guess they are treating it like a installment loan? How does it show up on your credit report?

When I bought my phone with AT&T NEXT they didn't even do a soft credit check which seems fair enough since I have been a customer for over a decade with a perfect payment history of even bills of hundreds of dollars from overseas travels but when I renewed my electricity contract they asked permission to do a soft credit check to see if "I would owe a deposit" even though I had been a customer for over a year with a perfect payment history, it was a contract renewal and I didn't have to pay a deposit the first time and my bill was actually going to be lower with the new contract.

Actually my AT&T phone loan doesn't even show up on my credit report at all, I guess the big difference is AT&T is self-financing and probably trusts their own data more than credit reporting agencies for loyal customers and Apple is financing through a third party bank?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Hey guys, daily update letting you know my phone is still Processing.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Look, Jony has to make each one from a chunk of aluminium personally by hand, and it's a really busy time of the year so please give him a break.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
I picked my plus up in the Apple Store yesterday. Amazing phone :c00lbert:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Apple decided to ship my phone via loving caravan apparently. It shipped Monday and is currently still in Korea.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

LODGE NORTH posted:

Hey guys, daily update letting you know my phone is still Processing.

Sending you my thoughts and prayers.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I think I'm going to cancel and try to reserve it in-store.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
My saga continues. Finally shipped after 3 days of PFS. Sat in ZhengZhou for 3 more days with a delivery date of Friday, finally switched to Monday... and now delivery date is unknown as it finally heads to Korea.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Apples uk tracking doesn't work. Lame.
Does receiving the "invoice" and "setup your new device" emails mean it has been delivered or are they just sent arbitrarily?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Feenix posted:

My saga continues. Finally shipped after 3 days of PFS. Sat in ZhengZhou for 3 more days with a delivery date of Friday, finally switched to Monday... and now delivery date is unknown as it finally heads to Korea.

Yeah mine shipped Monday had a delivery date of yesterday. It's still in Korea.

Was in ZhengZhou for two days now it's been in Incheon for two days.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Three Olives posted:

That both makes sense and doesn't make sense. I guess they are treating it like a installment loan? How does it show up on your credit report?

When I bought my phone with AT&T NEXT they didn't even do a soft credit check which seems fair enough since I have been a customer for over a decade with a perfect payment history of even bills of hundreds of dollars from overseas travels but when I renewed my electricity contract they asked permission to do a soft credit check to see if "I would owe a deposit" even though I had been a customer for over a year with a perfect payment history, it was a contract renewal and I didn't have to pay a deposit the first time and my bill was actually going to be lower with the new contract.

Actually my AT&T phone loan doesn't even show up on my credit report at all, I guess the big difference is AT&T is self-financing and probably trusts their own data more than credit reporting agencies for loyal customers and Apple is financing through a third party bank?

ACTUALLY it looks like I hosed up and the hard credit pull was for my wife's 7+, which we started a new AUP. Whoops.

And it shows up in my credit report as a credit inquiry, but does not show up as any type of loan.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Looks like mine won't ship earlier than the shipping window. My window was September 23-30. In lieu of sending flowers please make a donation to your local food pantry.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

LODGE NORTH posted:

I think I'm going to cancel and try to reserve it in-store.

FWIW, at least in Toronto apparently a huge shipment came yesterday so it's possible stock is going out in higher numbers now (not sure about the states, though, although I'd assume they'd probably be sending out to there in higher numbers.) If you go right at 8AM to reserve you might be able get one pretty easily. When I did it I was able to snag at 7+ reservation right when the site opened, and then again around 10AM when I decided to try for one earlier in the day. When I came in at 1:30PM for my reservation they still had some pluses in stock for walk-ins.

So basically: if you have a fruit stand near you, try to just get a reservation if your shipment is taking too long (and you aren't picky about colour, since the black ones are still impossible to get.)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

You can check for in-store pick up just by starting an order on the Apple site. The iStock site said blacks pluses were back in stock, but pickup was still unavailable and, surprise surprise, black was sold out when I refreshed iStock moments later

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Got my 7+ today. It's glorious.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Good news! My order is preparing for shipment!

In just five days I'll have my sweet, sweet black Lightning dock!

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Endless Mike posted:

In just five days I'll have my sweet, sweet black Lightning cock!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Bum the Sad posted:

Yeah mine shipped Monday had a delivery date of yesterday. It's still in Korea.

Was in ZhengZhou for two days now it's been in Incheon for two days.

It's cause your phone is too huge and fat to be shipped by normal means. It's like when Chris Christie tries to travel. The 7+ needs a seat belt extender.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

BGrifter posted:

It's cause your phone is too huge and fat to be shipped by normal means. It's like when Chris Christie tries to travel. The 7+ needs a seat belt extender.

I love my Kevin Smith phone.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Bum the Sad posted:

I love my Kevin Smith phone.

7+ pictured in Jet Black, Space Grey and Silver.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah so there's been a mechanical delay in Korea.

KIM JONG UN-GATE!

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
"Incheon, KR
09/23/2016 5:55 A.M.
Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery."

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
gently caress you Jesus

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Bum the Sad posted:

"Incheon, KR
09/23/2016 5:55 A.M.
Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery."

I have the same delivery date as you and the same bouncing back and forth, but "mechanical failure".

At this point I'm not putting any stock in UPSs stupid status messages.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I am definitely not doing this next year.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Yeah, gently caress this noise. Midnight pre-order or bust.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Haha, of course trying to reserve a phone gives me "We’re sorry, but this service is currently unavailable."

Haha, of course.

HAHA, OF loving COURSE.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Got my phone :agesilaus:

256 Fingerprint edition.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

LODGE NORTH posted:

Haha, of course trying to reserve a phone gives me "We’re sorry, but this service is currently unavailable."

Haha, of course.

HAHA, OF loving COURSE.

Bro they wouldn't even let me do anything on launch day. Had to go to Verizon directly even though I wanted to keep it off due it being a shared plan.

I don't know what's so hard about giving me a date when I can come give them some money for their hunk of metal and glass made by Chinese slaves.

Speaking of fingerprints. Here's my Jet Black

Blackberry Bold

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Honestly, the thing that irks me is that I preordered the phone. Like, I preordered the phone a week ahead of time and there are daily shipments going in and out of Apple stores of the same configuration I preordered. It's about a week since release, two weeks since I preordered, and I'm still on "processing". There are phones that are the same as the one I'm getting on their way to local Apple stores nationwide and mine has yet to be put in a box somewhere in loving China.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

flavor posted:

I have the same delivery date as you and the same bouncing back and forth, but "mechanical failure".

At this point I'm not putting any stock in UPSs stupid status messages.

Okay now it's "Tomorrow by end of day".

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

LODGE NORTH posted:

Honestly, the thing that irks me is that I preordered the phone. Like, I preordered the phone a week ahead of time and there are daily shipments going in and out of Apple stores of the same configuration I preordered. It's about a week since release, two weeks since I preordered, and I'm still on "processing". There are phones that are the same as the one I'm getting on their way to local Apple stores nationwide and mine has yet to be put in a box somewhere in loving China.

I have an interesting situation as well. I tried to preorder the jet black iPhone, but didn't want to wait until after launch day, so I got rose gold. Somehow though, it turned out that the first order, which I never went all the way through with, also showed up as a completed order. So I'm giving the rose gold one to someone else once the other one arrives.

Also, for some reason it's impossible to pay for an iPhone preorder with Apple Pay on the iPhone app (for me at least). I've ordered much more expensive things that way, just for ordering the iPhone it doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I kinda got my poo poo figured out. I managed to reserve the phone, but FAQ is very unclear on whether or not I can pick it up and use AT&T Next to buy it. It says what the price would be under the iPhone Upgrade Program, but I very much just want to upgrade a line on my plan and not go through Apple for an assortment of personal reasons.

Can I just go get my reservation and say "I want to pay for this using AT&T Next and not the iPhone Upgrade Program"?

• Locked thread