Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

I can't decide between jet black and matte black :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Had a black 128 7+ for release day delivery, but by the time I finished the order it was October 4-10 on my confirmation email :colbert:

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Hopefully there's a chance some of these get delivered earlier than projected, would be nice if I didn't have to wait until October.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Don Lapre posted:

Unlikely. Here is what will happen
Monday 9/12 people will get shipped notifications for overnight shipping via fedex/ups/etc..

Tuesday 9/3 people will post OMG its out for delivery, or Its in my hometown!

Tuesday 9/3 evening People will post wtf apple, why is ups holding the phone till friday!

I meant the people who have October ship dates. It's not a big deal since this year my phone isn't on life support, but I still want my shiny new toy.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Croatoan posted:

Mine'll be here on the 16th. Why are y'all so excited though? This one seems to be kind of a boring upgrade. I did mine just because I have the sprint iphone forever plan. Am I missing something other than it's a bit faster and the battery may not suck as much? Not a troll, I just wondered what the hubbub was.

I'm going to from a 6s to a 7 plus, so I'm more excited about the regular to plus switch than the 6s to 7 switch. I'm really hoping it comes sooner than the 10/4-10/10 window I got when I ordered last week.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Feenix posted:

9/27 delivery date. Moved to Preparing for Shipment today.

Good to see stuff seeming to get out early, hopefully us October schlubs get some shipping notifications next week.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

LODGE NORTH posted:

Apparently some people with October ship dates are getting Preparing for Shipment notices. However, I am not one of those people.

Fortunately, I am one of these people. Original delivery window was 10/4-10/10 and it just went to preparing for shipment this morning. I had a delivery date of 9/16 when I started the order though, so I was probably among the first to get pushed into the 2-3 week window.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Vintimus Prime posted:

Mine is. Plus, matte black 128gb

Same here

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

My phone has shipped today, will be here Wednesday. Original delivery window of 10/4-10/10.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Feenix posted:

A chat person at Apple said to me that was impossible and everyone with dates that late was lying on the internet. LOL.

Despite that showing up EVERYWHERE.

Sadly, my 9/9 order on Apple (ordered at 12:09pm) with a ship date of 9/27-29 has been Preparing for SHipment for like 5 days now and no status update whatsoever. People with the exact same configuration as me who have original dates of October are getting their phones bumped up to today, tomorrow, wednesday, etc...

gently caress, you figured it out, this was all just a massive conspiracy to make you look like an idiot. Well we had a good run, good effort everyone.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

LODGE NORTH posted:

Yes to both. The Plus is usually less popular, but this year it's exceedingly more popular. That's why you'll have no problem buying a normal 7, but you'll have to have some luck finding a Plus.

I'm hoping this gets resolved next year, especially if the mythical "10 year anniversary super phone" rumors become true.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Phone is on the vehicle for delivery today, luckily there's a ups store less than 5 minutes from me I can reroute it to so it's not sitting on my porch until I get home from work.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Duckman2008 posted:

Logistics on shipping are incredible.

My watch was in South Korea yesterday, then Alaska, then left Alaska at 436pm. Got into Louisville at 430am this morning. Out for delivery in my area of PA at 739am.

Even with time zones helping, its crazy to think how good shipping has become overall.

Seriously, I saw my phone was in South Korea yesterday morning and thought there was no way it would get to me in Ohio by today, but it just got dropped off at the ups store for me to pick up about a half hour ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

LODGE NORTH posted:

Hey guys, daily update letting you know my phone is still Processing.

Sending you my thoughts and prayers.

• Locked thread