Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

kimcicle posted:

It also did a hard credit pull for the new loan. Doesn't bother me too much but I think that might be a deal breaker for some people.

That both makes sense and doesn't make sense. I guess they are treating it like a installment loan? How does it show up on your credit report?

When I bought my phone with AT&T NEXT they didn't even do a soft credit check which seems fair enough since I have been a customer for over a decade with a perfect payment history of even bills of hundreds of dollars from overseas travels but when I renewed my electricity contract they asked permission to do a soft credit check to see if "I would owe a deposit" even though I had been a customer for over a year with a perfect payment history, it was a contract renewal and I didn't have to pay a deposit the first time and my bill was actually going to be lower with the new contract.

Actually my AT&T phone loan doesn't even show up on my credit report at all, I guess the big difference is AT&T is self-financing and probably trusts their own data more than credit reporting agencies for loyal customers and Apple is financing through a third party bank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Bum the Sad posted:

WTF let's trace my iphone
code:
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 	09/23/2016 	1:55 P.M. 	Arrival Scan
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 	09/23/2016 	11:00 A.M. 	Departure Scan
	09/23/2016 	5:55 A.M. 	Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery.
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 	09/21/2016 	8:01 P.M. 	Arrival Scan
ZhengZhou, China 	09/21/2016 	4:36 P.M. 	Departure Scan
	09/21/2016 	4:04 P.M. 	Your package is in transit. We're updating plans to schedule your delivery. / The package will be forwarded to a UPS facility in the destination city.
	09/21/2016 	2:43 P.M. 	Your package is in transit. We're updating plans to schedule your delivery.
	09/19/2016 	1:15 P.M. 	A delivery change for this package is in progress. / The receiver arranged to pick up the package at a UPS facility.
ZhengZhou, China 	09/19/2016 	11:30 P.M. 	Arrival Scan
	09/19/2016 	10:57 P.M. 	Departure Scan
	09/19/2016 	6:52 P.M. 	Location Scan
	09/19/2016 	4:27 P.M. 	Origin Scan
China 	09/19/2016 	10:17 A.M. 	Order Processed: Ready for UPS 

I do not understand the ways of the inscrutable oriental.

Shipping is all about logistics, they probably had more open space an a flight from Incheon and Hong Kong and then to the US than they had on a direct flight to the US from Incheon. This isn't like your local package delivery, UPS operates frequent and regularly scheduled cargo flights between all of the major cities in the world, the cost of sticking it on a plane that makes an extra stop is marginal compared to sticking a crate that someone is paying a shitload of money to overnight across the world.

• Locked thread