Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weedle
May 31, 2006

It kind of makes sense for them to stay in a holding pattern for iPhones this year. Next year is the tenth anniversary of the iPhone and they can release the dopest one anyone's ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

shadow puppet of a posted:

Or, you know, just one that's a little thinner, a little faster and with only incremental improvement to the rest of the product.

But the anniversary packaging will probably be exceptional. That might be enough for some folks.

Shh. I can dream.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Holding out hope that the 6SS or whatever will still have a headphone jack, because it'd be hilarious and also we would then live in a world where there are news articles about a phone having a headphone jack.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

LmaoTheKid posted:

What's a good liveblog for this? The Verge is loving awful, Nilay is a moron.

http://live.arstechnica.com/apples-september-2016-iphone-event/

Weedle
May 31, 2006

fordan posted:

Seriously, my 160GB one was stolen from my car last month and I want one back. Or at least an iPod with 128GB.

The iPod touch comes in 128gb.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Wow I'm actually surprised.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Is this a Mario endless runner? Uh oh.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Sia is underrated

Weedle
May 31, 2006

e: what this guy said ^^^

It seems like a lot of people have come to expect their socks blown off every two years by iPhone innovation, but that's unsustainable. The iPhone is already a near-perfect device and eventually people are just going to have to accept that there isn't a whole lot else to be improved about it barring a major technological breakthrough like a battery that lasts a week or something.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Oh son of a bitch I hadn't thought of this till you said this but since the new phone has speakers at the top and the bottom what the gently caress is Saddle Brown leather case going to look like?

EDIT: Lol so I guess the case is just going to block the speaker? They don't show any pictures of the top but it doesn't look like there are any holes there.

There isn't a speaker on the top edge of the phone, it's in the earpiece.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

AdmiralViscen posted:

Pretty sure they all have everything now, and have since at least the 6s if not the 6

It changed for the 7. Phones for AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM-only, while phones for Sprint and Verizon are GSM/CDMA.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

io_burn posted:

I was hoping to have the courage of having all my junk charge via the same cable.

I picked up a couple of these a few weeks ago and they've been great. Looks like they're sold out at the moment but keep an eye on them if you want to live that one-cable life (it's pretty dope).

https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-6-ft-mfi-certified-ios-android-charging-cable

Weedle fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

io_burn posted:

The Beats Solo3 they made a big deal about still charges via micro USB. :argh:

The Solo 3 has the same body as the Solo 2. They'll add Lightning when they update the design and have to make new molds anyway.

• Locked thread