Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
*huffs canned air*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Can you butt huff??

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

my favorite pope was the one who would hold orgies in the vatican and was deposed three times, but kept getting the papacy back because he had ties to the super rich in rome

edit: or the one they dug up from the grave and then put his dead body on trial and found his dead body guilty and threw it into a river

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

OctoberBlues posted:

The bible says homosex is wrong and yet you constantly advocate for homosex, please explain op

they meant dont tell your bros you're going golfing if you really plan to do something else. Conversely, dont tell your wife that the busty redheaded serving your table gave you a blowjob in the broom closet.

its good advice imo

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

TwoStepBoog posted:

my favorite pope was the one who would hold orgies in the vatican and was deposed three times, but kept getting the papacy back because he had ties to the super rich in rome

edit: or the one they dug up from the grave and then put his dead body on trial and found his dead body guilty and threw it into a river

Just because someone is dead it doesn't mean that you can't take revenge on them still, and create justice in the land. Nixon's body still needs to be tried and dumped in a septic pit along with many others !

and Pope Alexander VI was the best Pope !

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
i want to find where a bunch of dead kkk guys from the 20s are buried and take a dump on their graves

perhaps one could be dug up and used as a trump spokescorpse

also was there weed in the bible?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

That Robot posted:

i want to find where a bunch of dead kkk guys from the 20s are buried and take a dump on their graves

You could do that now if you want.The corpses of horrible people have no protection in the eyes of the law. As the Bible wisely teaches us, revenge doesn't have to stop just because someone is dead

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
*goes into store and puts Bible into "Fiction" section*

"Heh. That that, God."

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

OctoberBlues posted:

The bible says homosex is wrong and yet you constantly advocate for homosex, please explain op

I'm still waiting for an answer....

looks like I really owned op this time

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

That Robot posted:

Isaiah posted:

The Lord said unto me, 'I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs.'

Revelations 22:1-2 posted:

and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

quote:

The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

imo if weed is illegal that insinuates god hosed up which is pretty much blasphemy

the ol pump-n-bump
Jul 27, 2004

by Smythe
Does the Bible really show that the flat earth is more then a conspiracy theory?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

dad gay. so what posted:

its one of the oldest and most respected books and according to most accounts it is the literal word of god. just for that fact alone, it is probably worth looking into. thanks for your time.

Hail Satan

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

its one of the oldest and most respected books and according to most accounts it is the literal word of god. just for that fact alone, it is probably worth looking into. thanks for your time.

the tao te ching is like 2000 years older or some poo poo tho dog

The_end
May 17, 2014
Deuteronomy 23:12-13 Designate a place outside the camp where you can go to relieve yourself. As part of your equipment have something to dig with, and when you relieve yourself, dig a hole and cover up your excrement.

The bible has a little something for everyone. Even camping enthusiast.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

god treats all sins eaqually, therefore the only way to salvation is through his son Christ jesus

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
like a lie is the same as murder. all have sinned

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

the tao te ching is like 2000 years older or some poo poo tho dog

ya no thanks homo

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

also weed is fine much like everything in the world

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

dad gay. so what posted:

god treats all sins eaqually, therefore the only way to salvation is through his son Christ jesus

Hmm op, hmmm

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
a god that doesn't let me masturbate is not worth worshiping

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
"Jesus came to bring salvation to the sinners." First Letter to Timotei 1:15

He forgot about us. :smith:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

god lets you do whatever you want. that's the paradox

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

That Robot posted:

God created the world, that means weed too. Smoke some of that Sticky Gloriole and praise Jesus son ! :2bong:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

god lets you do whatever you want. that's the paradox

no but not really though because afterwards you burn for eternity lol

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
These guys are coming to my town for an End Of The Wolrd seminar series! http://www.seminarsunlimited.org Here's the speaker's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jerrod.boling and his beard pic is in the flyer I got in the mail.

So, Dad Gay, what is your opinion on Revelation, Seventh Day Adventists (their church is hosting it), and the giving away of tablet computers as door prizes to entice people to listen to your 4 hour sermons?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

okay then i hope you enjoy your principled stand while you're burning in hell for all Eternity

That's Eternity with a capital E

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol that poo poo isn't real

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

lol that poo poo isn't real

okay fair enough. i was lolling at the people who go "even if it was real i still would refuse to worship such a god" like come on are you a loving idiot, have you ever stopped to seriously think what it means to suffer in eternal torment? and you're going on like it's a matter of civil disobedience or whatever? lmao

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

These guys are coming to my town for an End Of The Wolrd seminar series! http://www.seminarsunlimited.org Here's the speaker's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jerrod.boling and his beard pic is in the flyer I got in the mail.

So, Dad Gay, what is your opinion on Revelation, Seventh Day Adventists (their church is hosting it), and the giving away of tablet computers as door prizes to entice people to listen to your 4 hour sermons?

Is Christian hip-hop a thing in States ? This guy sure knows how to rhyme.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Decebal posted:

You could do that now if you want.The corpses of horrible people have no protection in the eyes of the law. As the Bible wisely teaches us, revenge doesn't have to stop just because someone is dead

I'm too lazy to actually do that

The bible teaches us that people will take fairy tales super seriously

The_end posted:

Deuteronomy 23:12-13 Designate a place outside the camp where you can go to relieve yourself. As part of your equipment have something to dig with, and when you relieve yourself, dig a hole and cover up your excrement.

The bible has a little something for everyone. Even camping enthusiast.

ah so there is poop in the bible

good to know

op what is your opinion on onan and onanism

I think masturbation rules and is loving great :69snypa:

The_end
May 17, 2014

That Robot posted:

I

ah so there is poop in the bible

good to know

There are a couple poop stories in the bible.

1 Samuel 24

Then Saul took three thousand chosen men out of all Israel and went to seek David and his men in front of the Wildgoats' Rocks. 3 And he came to the sheepfolds by the way, where there was a cave, and Saul went in to relieve himself.[b] Now David and his men were sitting in the innermost parts of the cave. 4 And the men of David said to him, “Here is the day of which the Lord said to you, ‘Behold, I will give your enemy into your hand, and you shall do to him as it shall seem good to you.’” Then David arose and stealthily cut off a corner of Saul's robe.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Bible talks about fishing but really doesn't explain techniques, especially for local areas. Like fishing in the med is totally different than fishing the Baja

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

King of Bees posted:

Bible talks about fishing but really doesn't explain techniques, especially for local areas. Like fishing in the med is totally different than fishing the Baja

Jesus had a wicked stank yeast infection and he made loaves with his man pussy bread and it just smelled like fish but people were all like whoa this makes more bread with the same amount of flour. The he taught people how to distill grapes into alcohol (wine to "water") so they could stop the future oil wars and promote communism and fuel distilleries to overthrow the pharoahs oil based auto industry.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i read the bible as a rebellious teenager and it steadied my soul and made me keep my scales level

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Jesus had a wicked stank yeast infection and he made loaves with his man pussy bread and it just smelled like fish but people were all like whoa this makes more bread with the same amount of flour. The he taught people how to distill grapes into alcohol (wine to "water") so they could stop the future oil wars and promote communism and fuel distilleries to overthrow the pharoahs oil based auto industry.

Hahhaha. Yeah. This "instruction book" is really bad. And he doesnt even explain the distilling process. Jeesh.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

King of Bees posted:

Hahhaha. Yeah. This "instruction book" is really bad. And he doesnt even explain the distilling process. Jeesh.

People were so stupid back in then it was literally a miracle. It didn't even catch on, people were drinking beer and mead through the dark ages.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

People were so stupid back in then it was literally a miracle. It didn't even catch on, people were drinking beer and mead through the dark ages.

They probably threw all their garbage in a barrel aand then it rained and it sat around a while and some dumbasss drank it and was was like "whoah I'm all messed up, better become a saint!"

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

actually chuck zito's autobiography "street justice" is way better

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

jarofpiss posted:

actually chuck zito's autobiography "street justice" is way better

Street Sword is way better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
It is an early example, maybe the first, of a god becoming mortal to enable humility despite godhood, which is cool. It is not the first example of a god becoming mortal so that he could die and therefore experience mortality. It's not well written and tries to accomplish other tasks than storytelling but whatever. I'm a fat prick hth

• Locked thread