Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should we use sex offenders to colonize mars
This poll is closed.
hell yeah 35 19.89%
no, they will lower the property value of nearby phobos 62 35.23%
goku 79 44.89%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

cuck cuck im gay posted:

If the family member or friend was a registered sex offender I would not let my kid near them, no. Actually, I probably would not want much to do with them!

Ditto.

Especially when you start talking about extended family members, step family, in laws, etc. It's nice to think we'd all know our entire family's criminal record but I doubt most do.

That funny uncle that moved in with your kids' godparents? Might want to know if he's a chomo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

cuck cuck im gay posted:

If the family member or friend was a registered sex offender I would not let my kid near them, no. Actually, I probably would not want much to do with them!

they wouldn't be on the registry because they were never prosecuted. lawmakers care more about making a big show than being child advocates because children don't pay taxes or vote. that is all the registry ever was. your fictional children are already being molested by their fictional uncle and no one cares enough to stop it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
won't someone think of the fictional children????

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I'm not saying we should go all Applewhite on sex offenders but idgaf what happens to them, really. Kill them, exile them, castrate them, whatever. I dunno if they deserve it but they deserve it more than most people. disclaimer: I'm probably going to back down on this as soon as someone responds

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

won't someone think of the fictional children????

some should think of them less, imho

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

do you think a space colony founded by sex offenders has a higher birth rate than earths or lower

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Knighting about sex offenders has been the new bandwagon for like 10 years now but nobody gives a poo poo cause it grosses people out ok

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Diddlin kids is wrong and I ain't ashamed to say it.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Diddlin kids is wrong and I ain't ashamed to say it.

hot take! thanks caller!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

hth posted:

hot take! thanks caller!

Love the show, you keep it up buddy

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
*barges through the door, races up twenty flights of stairs gasping and sweating, stumbling down the hallway wheezing from the exertion, using the last ounce of energy to throw open the door to the thread and collapse to the floor, exhausted gasps issuing sounds to form the words*

mods knew

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ElectricSheep posted:

*barges through the door, races up twenty flights of stairs gasping and sweating, stumbling down the hallway wheezing from the exertion, using the last ounce of energy to throw open the door to the thread and collapse to the floor, exhausted gasps issuing sounds to form the words*

mods knew

valid point

most mods are subjected to extreme background checks, moreso in the tv forum

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

it took gnarly 3 whole months to be able to poo poo correctly after the admin staff's brutal anal probing

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

they wouldn't be on the registry because they were never prosecuted. lawmakers care more about making a big show than being child advocates because children don't pay taxes or vote. that is all the registry ever was. your fictional children are already being molested by their fictional uncle and no one cares enough to stop it.

So who are all these chomos who got arrested for fingerbanging some 6yo that are currently on Megan's Law? If the problem isn't creeps in panel vans, and according to you family members never get charged, who is it, huh?

These aren't drunks pissing in a park or romeo and Juliette situations, it's middle aged guys molesting kids under 12.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

AugmentedVision posted:

hopefully some goon gets probed or banned for defending diddlers itt

maybe 10 years ago, most have probably moved on to reddit and the dark web.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
im gonna start a competing colony with tons of little kids

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
If you're white and have no criminal history and have enough money to hire a decent lawyer, there's pretty much no way you'll actually get put on Megan's list for public urination, right?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

cuck cuck im gay posted:

If you never pay back your loans, you will be on a list titled "do not give this person a loan".

If you torture an animal to death, in many states you will be on a "do not adopt out an animal to this person".

In every state if you sexually abuse a child, you will be on a "watch your kids around this person" list.

This is not confusing.

yeah but you can be on the sex offender list for pissing in public if you happened to get any piss on the tire of a cop car and the DA gets a whiff of a possible sex crime

why does everyone have a story about romeo and juliet laws

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
So is this thing where people who piss in public are on a list really a thing or is it just something people saw in Horrible Bosses and treat as fact or what

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
it's real

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

cuck cuck im gay posted:

So is this thing where people who piss in public are on a list really a thing or is it just something people saw in Horrible Bosses and treat as fact or what

The structure and use of sex offender registries varies way too much from state to state, with some having reasonable policies and others much less so. If there were a little more uniformity and oversight of the whole process on a national level it would probably help.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The structure and use of sex offender registries varies way too much from state to state, with some having reasonable policies and others much less so. If there were a little more uniformity and oversight of the whole process on a national level it would probably help.

states rights don't tread on me ron paul

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

hmmm maybe you should not be a sex offender in the first place... just throwing that out there. i would personally not rape someone or touch their boobies without asking.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

hemale in pain posted:

hmmm maybe you should not be a sex offender in the first place... just throwing that out there. i would personally not rape someone or touch their boobies without asking.

agreed on all counts

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
im a sex defender

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

hemale in pain posted:

You just turned 18 and your girlfriend is 16 and her parents hate you? Congratulations, you just won a free ticket to being terribly hosed for life thanks to the inappropriate use of your state's sex offender registry!

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
I am a liberal. I believe that long prison sentences do nothing to stop people from committing crimes, and that prison sentences should be only as long as necessary to ensure that the criminal is rehabilitated and is no longer a threat to society. I also believe that sex offenders should be hounded to the last of their days by an almost extra-judicial system and that Brock Turner should've been executed with an anti-aircraft gun on live TV. I seriously can't see what's so incongruous about these opinions

Squashing Machine fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 2, 2016

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Is it a crime to pee your pants?

Cause it would seem preferable to being sex offender for life

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Panfilo posted:

The common molesters are people known, often family but also commonly friends of parents, coaches, etc.

We are only beginning to wake up to the fact that paedophiles are actually everywhere, and there are millions of them masquerading as real people

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

E1M1 posted:

I am a liberal. I believe that long prison sentences do nothing to stop people from committing crimes, and that prison sentences should be only as long as necessary to ensure that the criminal is rehabilitated and is no longer a threat to society. I also believe that sex offenders should be hounded to the last of their days by an almost extra-judicial system and that Brock Turner should've been executed with an anti-aircraft gun on live TV. I seriously can't see what's so incongruous about these opinions
I don't think seeking strong punishments and restrictions for sex offenders is really a behavior specific to liberals.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
jesterNtime: whats your favorite flower sadprincess???
sadprincess14: posies

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Is it a felony to sexually assault a child? If not, I agree it should be. It would seem this is another one of those state/local level things that maybe happens more often than people want to admit and, as such, there's more cover-up. Say a law-maker or their kid commits the crime, or a judge or hell, even a cop. A national database would be a good idea, but I can see a lot of resistance from...uh..."concerned citizens". In this case, the church.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Moridin920 posted:

what is confusing is why there are people who are on the sex offender list and now have to live with a bunch of pedos because they pissed in public while drunk and 18

Or for banging their 17 year and 300 day old GF at the age of 18 while being "the guy I don't approve of" and turned in by dad.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Hello

Megadittos Op

Nice job with "NAMBLA nimbies"

I'll take comments off the air

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

504 posted:

Or for banging their 17 year and 300 day old GF at the age of 18 while being "the guy I don't approve of" and turned in by dad.

This happens as frequently as women framing men for rape to get attention.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Helical Nightmares posted:

Hello

Megadittos Op

Nice job with "NAMBLA nimbies"

I'll take comments off the air

hell yeah (tm post hell yeah 2011)

check your PMs and give me a ride home

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

504 posted:

that person, in my perfect world, would explore new worlds. how do you feel about that

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

your theoretical kids are vastly more likely to be molested by someone they know anyway.

Well, that's definitely true for your theoretical kids

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

hth posted:

do you think a space colony founded by sex offenders has a higher birth rate than earths or lower

Can women even get pregnant in zero-g? Has NASA tested?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Heck, I find sex offensive!

• Locked thread