Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should we use sex offenders to colonize mars
This poll is closed.
hell yeah 35 19.89%
no, they will lower the property value of nearby phobos 62 35.23%
goku 79 44.89%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

Vim Fuego posted:

Heck, I find sex offensive!

lol you're married

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Criminal Justice requires nuance and people are poo poo so...

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

dog buttz posted:

I'm not saying we should go all Applewhite on sex offenders but idgaf what happens to them, really. Kill them, exile them, castrate them, whatever. I dunno if they deserve it but they deserve it more than most people. disclaimer: I'm probably going to back down on this as soon as someone responds

Same but something awful posters.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

hth posted:

that person, in my perfect world, would explore new worlds. how do you feel about that

He is still in High School

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

dog buttz posted:

I'm not saying we should go all Applewhite on sex offenders but idgaf what happens to them, really. Kill them, exile them, castrate them, whatever. I dunno if they deserve it but they deserve it more than most people. disclaimer: I'm probably going to back down on this as soon as someone responds

What does it mean to go applewhite on someone?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm guessing they mean actual physical castration, a la the leader of the Heaven's Gate cult.

Edit: Or they really have an axe to grind with forums superstar Applewhite, I guess.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I hope that anyone busted for a uip can never live anywhere ever.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I can't control my horny levels

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

tenspott posted:

I hope that anyone busted for a uip can never live anywhere ever.

you cant trust them with toilets, why with homes?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Powercrazy posted:

He is still in High School

so was wil wheaton i dont understand your point

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

psycho on the butt

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Cant each state build a sex offencer reservation where only they will be allowed to live? Complete with trailers for everyone to live in. Everyone living on welfare since there wont be any work opportunities there. But its not like anyone wants to hire a homeless sex offencer either. The upside for the rest society is that the peados arent hiding out under brigdes or wherever. If they are all concentrated in one area thats a good distance from the nearest town wont that make everyone feel safer? Maybe the states can cooperate and dump them in the midwest where is plenty of room to build reservations.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Baudolino posted:

Cant each state build a sex offencer reservation where only they will be allowed to live? Complete with trailers for everyone to live in. Everyone living on welfare since there wont be any work opportunities there. But its not like anyone wants to hire a homeless sex offencer either. The upside for the rest society is that the peados arent hiding out under brigdes or wherever. If they are all concentrated in one area thats a good distance from the nearest town wont that make everyone feel safer? Maybe the states can cooperate and dump them in the midwest where is plenty of room to build reservations.

could the state step in and help the child hunger and poverty problem? could the state stop rampant corporate profits and stagnating wages and the decline of non minimum wage jobs? could the state stop the pollution of our waterways? it could but won't and you know why

gently caress you that's why

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme
I once got suspended without pay for assaulting a child sex offender at work. I regret nothing

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org
How about this as a fair compromise between the normies and sjw's.

We put all the child sex offenders into a pit and tell them to fight to the death, the last surviving pedo gets to diddle as many kids as he likes.

That should make everybody happy.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
didn't statistics indicate sex offenders are among the least likely criminals to commit the crime again once caught

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm sad that the colony got destroyed, it would be a good place to find new forum mods.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Triggered posted:

How about this as a fair compromise between the normies and sjw's.

We put all the child sex offenders into a pit and tell them to fight to the death, the last surviving pedo gets to diddle as many kids as he likes.

That should make everybody happy.

i aint paying taxes for the pit

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org
You dont have to pay for poo poo, just stick them into a disused mine or something. No cost and you just collapse the mine afterwards for clean up.

client
Aug 19, 2010

Baudolino posted:

theres a louis theroux documentary about somehting like this

it's pretty interesting and the chomos in it are pretty drat creepy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skSvzBVBTpQ

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Baudolino posted:

i think every state should build a sex offender gas chamber too. i mean the money has to come from somewhere and we should let the taxpayer decide whether they want to continue paying for these scoundrels for the rest of their lives or whether a quick and efficient solution to remove this evil from the world is more to their liking, right?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Have you considered that most sex offenders aren't pedos?

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Panfilo posted:

This happens as frequently as women framing men for rape to get attention.

So you're saying it happens often.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Speleothing posted:

Have you considered that most sex offenders aren't pedos?

Yeah, c'mon guys! Most of them raped adults!

So stop being mean to them

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
death penalty is always wrong, and life imprisonment is arguably worse.

give offenders the choice between chemical castration and life in prison but they have to contribute to society by moderating the forums

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm guessing they mean actual physical castration, a la the leader of the Heaven's Gate cult.

Edit: Or they really have an axe to grind with forums superstar Applewhite, I guess.

Actually it probably refers to the fact that I don't consider pedophiles or child molesters to be human beings, and thus not subject to human rights. I unironically believe they should be executed and/or used to test cosmetics instead of innocent animals.

My attitude doesn't extend to all sex offenders, however. Rapists and flashers or whatever should be punished with jail time or fines as appropriate. Public urination shouldn't even be a sex offense (it can still be a crime, but I think ruining someone's life forever is a little bit harsh for pissing on a shrub or something).

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Applewhite posted:

Actually it probably refers to the fact that I don't consider pedophiles or child molesters to be human beings, and thus not subject to human rights. I unironically believe they should be executed and/or used to test cosmetics instead of innocent animals.

My attitude doesn't extend to all sex offenders, however. Rapists and flashers or whatever should be punished with jail time or fines as appropriate. Public urination shouldn't even be a sex offense (it can still be a crime, but I think ruining someone's life forever is a little bit harsh for pissing on a shrub or something).

lol

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

None of these crimes would have happened if every living human had a 50 caliber machine gun grafted onto their body immediately at birth.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's when you molest them and then claim the high road on an internet forum.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Powercrazy posted:

Criminal Justice requires nuance and people are poo poo so...

but, but, but my frothing rage??

sounds you think the answer is somewhere in the middle :smuggo:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gamer With Dignity posted:

Applewhite is like Dexter, but instead of killing killers he molests child molesters?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

My favorite sex offender is the 18yo high school boyfriend/girlfriend dating, parents of the younger half get pissed and the 18yo gets arrested and on the list. I have a former student who this happened to and has now been married ( to the same girl he was arrested and placed on the list) for about 8 years and they have a couple kids and seem happy.

He'll someday get to answer the "Daddy why are you a sex offender?" question with "because I love your mom".

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Quote isn't edit

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Perhaps the United States of America should review some of its laws and make the appropriate reforAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Applewhite posted:

this attitude only helps pedophilia tho
the belief that pedos are inhuman leads to people who are well-liked and respected being let off lightly for pedo poo poo cause of people refusing to believe that this person who they hold in high regard could have done something so horrible

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Stuntman posted:

this attitude only helps pedophilia tho
the belief that pedos are inhuman leads to people who are well-liked and respected being let off lightly for pedo poo poo cause of people refusing to believe that this person who they hold in high regard could have done something so horrible

That's a good point. But what's the solution?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Gamer With Dignity posted:

Yeah I don't think child molesters should be molested in retaliation, just killed.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Applewhite posted:

That's a good point. But what's the solution?
make people realize that pedophiles are everywhere and not restricted to the stereotypical creepy old dude in white van and that its often people abusing a child's trust in them as an authority figure in order to abuse the child. its hard as gently caress to do cause people are (rightfully) very emotionally charged about this poo poo and pushing the current narrative is much better for politicians, so sadly we'll prob see it continue for quite some time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

None of these crimes would have happened if every living human had a 50 caliber machine gun grafted onto their body immediately at birth.

youre an idea man, hammer

• Locked thread