Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should we use sex offenders to colonize mars
This poll is closed.
hell yeah 35 19.89%
no, they will lower the property value of nearby phobos 62 35.23%
goku 79 44.89%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i think yeah there's some aspects of the sex offender registry laws that are fairly stupid and draconian

cuck cuck im gay posted:

If I were a parent of a young child, I would like to know if my next door neighbor was a child rapist (a crime that has an extremely high chance of reoccurring as pedophiles are not able to be rehabilitated). I would also like to be able to find out if my child's piano teacher was ever in prison for raping a child. I am sorry if this makes a child rapist's life a bit uncomfortable.

And I am sorry if some goons seem to be confused by why a sex offender registry is important.

the problem is you can be on that list for pissing in a playground at 1am while drunk and 18 :shrug:

Obv the list is good as a concept but that doesn't mean its execution is perfect.

Cnut the Great posted:

If they're not able to be rehabilitated why are they out on the street, though? Shouldn't they be in an institution? I think that's a valid question.

yeah probably; there's a valid concern for public safety. idk that it's really possible to rehabilitate them to the point that they won't find kids sexually attractive so it's a question of believing that they won't do it again or whatever cuz they understand it is bad.

cuck cuck im gay posted:

In every state if you sexually abuse a child, you will be on a "watch your kids around this person" list.

This is not confusing.

what is confusing is why there are people who are on the sex offender list and now have to live with a bunch of pedos because they pissed in public while drunk and 18

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
how come no one goes after pedos in Hollywood and/or Mormons/Catholics?

like why don't they just open an investigation and bring elijah wood and a bunch of others in and make them name names and go bust some heads wtf

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
just be white and don't do crimes what's the problem lol

• Locked thread