Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should we use sex offenders to colonize mars
This poll is closed.
hell yeah 35 19.89%
no, they will lower the property value of nearby phobos 62 35.23%
goku 79 44.89%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Serious Frolicking posted:

ah, i see now. you are clueless. most cases of child molestation in the us are done by a family member or family friend. they are frequently not reported, much less prosecuted.

the scary stranger with a van and candy makes for great tv ratings, though!

This is true, also we are trained to expect that the first thing close family/parents will think and react to the situation is "how will this affect me" lol

I see it all the time, mommy loses grandpa's ability to watch little Timmy after school now while she's at work because someone at school noticed timmy walked funny and the nurse noticed timmy has strange injuries around his anus so nurse Nancy calls us and blah blah long story short now mommy's life is much harder and you know did it REALLY happen grandpa swore he didn't do it and I'm sure I can trust him and so what even if it did I'm sure it was just once he promised it won't happen again and daycare is off the table it's so expensive and and and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

cuck cuck im gay posted:

If the family member or friend was a registered sex offender I would not let my kid near them, no. Actually, I probably would not want much to do with them!

It's extremely easy to say this in a vacuum because taken in a purely hypothetical context of course you wouldn't, no one who doesn't actively wish harm and trauma on a defenseless child would? Real life often isn't that cut and dry. I used to think the pedophiles I encountered were monsters wearing human skin and treated them accordingly. Now I know the sad reality is they're all too human (but I still treat them the same)

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
hey man if theyre old enough to join the army and fight theyre old enough to gently caress :getin:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

blowfish posted:

that's a loving lot of bad opinions itt, especiall from forums posting superstar cuck cuck im gay but also from everyone else

good huddle team now BREAK

• Locked thread