Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm feeling the itch to play a demon/dark souls/bloodborne game but i've beaten them all twice other than DS3 and I want something new

Bloodborne is the best followed by DS2 and then demon souls imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
play the greatest game of all and smash your balls with a hammer

Forward Toward
Aug 14, 2015

No Tank You. not today tanks. Tank you very much.

TANK TANK TANK

VRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Serious Frolicking posted:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Serious Frolicking posted:

try two handing

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
ds1

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I would play either high heat baseball 2002 or knockout kings 2000

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

:yeah:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i might have a go at a bloodborne dex build with the blades of mercy because gently caress learning to parry

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
DS 1 of course, there is no equal.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

DS2 is the better game even if the level design is nowhere near as good

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
What did you think of DS3

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It felt too linear and too many of the bosses were really easy

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Jose posted:

DS2 is the better game even if the level design is nowhere near as good

It really isnt. Mechanics and inventory may be but the world sucks, story sucks and warping around trivialised it all.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol story who cares. not having to run for 10 minutes to get somewhere is a vast improvement

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The best one was the first one and by that I mean Demon's. The other games are good but they're tribute games to the first.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its a souls game the story is to kill anything that is going to attack you until you've genocided the world outside of a few friendly NPCs

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I don't know man. Play one and you've played em all. I just watched Bloodbourne and DS3 on youtube.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

The best one was the first one and by that I mean Demon's. The other games are good but they're tribute games to the first.

demon souls is extremely good i agree

you managed to edit that before i quoted you

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
DS3 is pretty drat linear until you beat Vordt or the Dancer

DS2 had smaller maps but just compare the branches of both

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

not having to run for 10 minutes to get somewhere is a vast improvement

I think you are probably a dingus

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

I think you are probably a dingus

i think they should limit the porting but seriously running loving ages just to get to a vendor before you get the kiln is bad gameplay

DS2 had powerstancing which was cool. its like they had a team who fixed all the gameplay problems but didn't have a top level designer involved

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Jose posted:

i think they should limit the porting but seriously running loving ages just to get to a vendor before you get the kiln is bad gameplay

That's the perfect place to get warping actually, but you probably die a lot so I can understand your frustrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

none of the dark souls had the atmosphere of demon souls or bloodborne and suffer for it

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
I've only played ds2 and it's kinda Meh. Huge learning curve but then you catch on and you never really die so the gimmick is gone

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Ds2 had comparable but different flaws to ds1. Soul memory being a thing alone is a huge minus. Battle felt way more sludgy and while a big part of the souls games was always forcing you to be very careful about attacks it got cartoonish in 2.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
DS2 seemed to want to foucs more on combat and goofy things like the butterfly outfit and preorder bonuses rather than remembering this is a series

even if you don't care about the LORE it provides reason for what you are doing rather than a bunch of old hags tell you you will die bitch lmao

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
DS1 is my personal favorite. Have fun! Hard to go wrong.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
play goku you plat havin non poll making motherfuck

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Try a plunging attack on an amazing chest.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
who would agree that Dark Soul 3 has the worst combat

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

Ds2 had comparable but different flaws to ds1. Soul memory being a thing alone is a huge minus. Battle felt way more sludgy and while a big part of the souls games was always forcing you to be very careful about attacks it got cartoonish in 2.

i don't pvp in souls games os i never understood why people cared about soul memory. you have to be a massive gently caress up for it to matter and should probably not be playing the game anyway

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Putty posted:

try two handing

i wouldn't mind seeing some good burst damage myself

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i played all of dark souls 3 2 handing a big heavy weapon but had to use the dark sword against nameless king because i couldn't beat him otherwise smh. still no shield though

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If Dark Souls 2 assumes "Scholar of First Sin" edition then it was easily the best of the three, especially where online play is concerned.

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
pvp is dumb as heck dont pvp

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Jose posted:

i don't pvp in souls games

oh this thread sucks now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Putty posted:

oh this thread sucks now

in dark souls 3 i got parried and riposted and took no damage because the lag was so bad lol. I do a lot of co-op though because thats where most of the fun is and DS2 adding the small white soapstone was real good

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
http://puu.sh/qYLB3/d62480a779.webm

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

in dark souls 3 i got parried and riposted and took no damage because the lag was so bad lol. I do a lot of co-op though because thats where most of the fun is and DS2 adding the small white soapstone was real good

Hideo Miyazaki or whatever his name is saw cool and good innovations like the small soapstone and was all like "nah better get to the roots of my tired-rear end, played out vision".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

FUGS is the best souls weapon. Whirligig the best From soft weapon

• Locked thread