Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

That's what I call an "MLG 360" move!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
I love DS2 but hated bloodborne even though everybody loves that game....play DS2 all day every day

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the only souls bosses i've not beaten are the 3 people at the end of the sunken king DLC and the 2 tigers at the end of the ivory king DLC. i'd beat the tigers but getting there was so annoying i gave up

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Fear the old blood

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Fear the old blood

from soft deserve a slap for the darkbeast bosses loving hell they suck because of the camera angle

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Make a ds1 twink, you haven't lived until you beat 4k with a lvl1

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Jose posted:

I'm feeling the itch to play a demon/dark souls/bloodborne game but i've beaten them all twice other than DS3 and I want something new

Bloodborne is the best followed by DS2 and then demon souls imo

im gonna replay dark souls 2 bc i bought the expansion pack things then maybe dark souls 1

but im gonna finish dark souls 3 first

thats my opinion

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Pvping in the arena in ds2 is retarded if you aren't a magic user

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Play Pikmin OP

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If you want to play and kind of zone out, I'd recommend DS2 or the original.

In all things, I think you'd be most satisfied replaying the first game.

But that being said, you should replay Bloodborne because it is the loving bomb. I just blasted through it doing a Blades of Mercy run for the first time and it was a goddamn treat. I subbed the Rakuyo for awhile too, DLC is the bee's knees.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Jose posted:

the only souls bosses i've not beaten are the 3 people at the end of the sunken king DLC and the 2 tigers at the end of the ivory king DLC. i'd beat the tigers but getting there was so annoying i gave up

I can't beat the nameless king in ds3 without summoning help cause I'm a scrub

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
idk theyre all p fun i havent beaten 3 yet though and had to force myself through 2 so that might be same situation here.

i cant rly replay ds1 because theres no more surprises so i get bored and rush it so i die a lot then stop playing.

dont have bloodborne tho :(

gl out there op

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Im playing through DS2 powerstancing the caestus atm and it's pretty fun

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

3 was really bland and boring. Oh boy another castle whoopdy doo!

NOT!

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Hatebag posted:

3 was really bland and boring. Oh boy another castle whoopdy doo!

NOT!

nice meltdown

:darksouls:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I loving love gray!!!!!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Despite the general "meh" that DS3 got, I still want to pick it up. Loves me some souls games. Might install bloodborne again soon.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I've never played a Dark Souls game. Somehow one called Prepare to Die edition got into my library. Thinking of trying it. Probably won't.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I want to like Dark Souls but I can't get through the tutorial on the first 1.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

All their games are fantastic, Fromsoft best game maker out there for sure but man they can never get it 100%. Really really wish DS3's PVP was as fun as 2's.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
play bloodborne op it is fun and good

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Putty posted:

who would agree that Dark Soul 3 has the worst combat

I would agree. The designers got lazy and wanted to live up to the hype so they sped everything up and slowed you down.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Azuth0667 posted:

I would agree. The designers got lazy and wanted to live up to the hype so they sped everything up and slowed you down.

I think that's a little unfair. A lot of the enemies are tricky and have more diverse moves than we've ever seen from Fromsoft before. If you go back to the first DS the speed disparity is still mostly there it's just you're slow as gently caress and the enemies are only slow as gently caress. The main killer is lack of diversity in PVP I think. Infusions are useless, magic is useless etc.

A big change I really liked is you don't have to loving upgrade your armour and farm titanite for years. You're free to mix and match and fashion souls to your hearts content.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

also possibly jet moto 2

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Bloodbourne is the best souls game by a wide margin. DS2 is a living nightmare, torture game that is not fun to play.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
play Spy vs. Spy for NES

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i just killed dancer of the boringass valley i dont know how i get so far in these games but i do

im probl just good

mdm posted:

play Spy vs. Spy for NES

no, play the commodore 64 version (and the sequel) they are superior ports in every way

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
Its interesting how wildly different everyones perceptions of difficulty and quality are for these games. I thought DS2 combat sucked dicks, with 3 having the overall best controls

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I paid a lot of extra money to from for ds3 as a reward for bloodborne

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
is there a good way to play these with mouse and keyboard because I have 25 years of muscle memory in those and 0 controller experience

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Magnitogorsk. posted:

Its interesting how wildly different everyones perceptions of difficulty and quality are for these games. I thought DS2 combat sucked dicks, with 3 having the overall best controls

having refined controls vs having poise are two totally different things

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Oh also, NBA Live 96 on the PC was tight as hell

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
ds2 has the best covenants out of the three im loving my punch man company of champions run. majula is the best hub hands down and I wish I was there in the days where you could do some rat-broing

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i understand it's a game but that's the extent of my knowledge, what is dark souls and why do ppl Like it enough for me to be aware of it through cultural osmosis

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

DS3 had good feeling controls but its poise was stupid and to many enemies had unlimited stamina.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Gatekeeper posted:

i understand it's a game but that's the extent of my knowledge, what is dark souls and why do ppl Like it enough for me to be aware of it through cultural osmosis

It's just a really really good game. Better than I realized a game could be, honestly.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

ds2 is the most replayable imo, and has the most content. i didn't like it as much at first but it has grown to be my favorite. meanwhile i have no desire to ever touch ds3 again after 2 playthroughs

try dragon's dogma: dark arisen too if you haven't. it's not completely directly comparable, but it definitely falls within the "third person fantasy action rpg with great combat that does not hold your hand at all" sort of wheelhouse.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 4, 2016

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

The Kingfish posted:

It's just a really really good game. Better than I realized a game could be, honestly.

How so? Be a wikipedia for me friendo. Be my clarissa and explain it all

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I paid a lot of extra money to from for ds3 as a reward for bloodborne

lol i payd 40 bucks for one you should have waited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS