Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Uncle Wemus posted:

california is only socially liberal at best they are still conservative as gently caress in a lot of ways
They play ethnic-y jazz to parade their snazz on their five grand stereos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Uncle Wemus posted:

california is only socially liberal at best they are still conservative as gently caress in a lot of ways

Kind of agree, I guess. California is NOT a homogeneous state, Southern CA has lots of military people who are pretty conservative, and inland CA is also pretty conservative.

The coast of CA north of Santa Barbara is very liberal though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ny is the good state. we got all the stuff california got plus water and minus hollywood attitutdes

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

ny is the good state. we got all the stuff california got plus water and minus hollywood attitutdes

No people in NY are dicks and the Atlantic basically sucks compared to the Pacific, and the latitude is high so it's cold as poo poo, NY city is ok tho I guess, like, to visit

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I saw a comic once that had a guy in NYC yelling gently caress YOU but then thinking Have a nice day! and then a guy in sandals and a hawaiian shirt in california saying Have a nice day! but then thinking gently caress YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Kinda checks out.

No one wears hawaiian shirts here tho

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
What about furries. I KNOW you've got a lot of furries. Where are they Taima?

vv lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh no a stranger was mean to me for driving/walking like a dick - californian in ny

oh no a stranger ate the wrong type of kale i better correct him in a very gay voice - californian in california

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

oh no a stranger was mean to me for driving/walking like a dick - californian in ny

oh no a stranger ate the wrong type of kale i better correct him in a very gay voice - californian in california

People have no idea how small of a % of CA is actually like this. I mean don't get me wrong- that's exactly where I live, and I can't say it's untrue- but geographically like NO ONE would say that outside of like 4% of California.

For the record I have definitely internally mocked people for getting the wrong kale IRL, don't get the one that's all hard to massage... gently caress... that's gonna make a bad salad :(

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Taima posted:

Look I'll make it quick here. The coastal people in California think the rest of California is loving stupid.

They also think everyone else not in coastal CA or the coastal PNW are loving stupid.

We hate everybody. Go gently caress yourselves.

remove the part that includes LA and as a san diegan I will agree with this

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Vargs posted:

HAHA fair enough!

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
California is open and liberal and everyone here is super chill. It's basically euro-merica *defends prop 13 and pinches nostrils closed while stepping over a homeless persons corpse*

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
im a native californian from inland california and i can tell you that 99% of people from coastal california are dumb pretentious assholes who moved there from somewhere else and proceed to act like the smuggest stereotypes ever. like imagine cities filled with nothing but people like this taima guy here

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
One time I was called a bigot for saying it was gross that there was a guy jerking off on people at the pride rally.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
But if I do it to some lady on the bus I get a mandatory sentence now?!? Get your poo poo figured out California

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Taima posted:

I can't speak for that because I have no intention of moving north, but if the PNW and CA made their own country it would be the best fuckin' country.

Fine. We can detach Southern CA.

Shockingly, it seems like you and every white power group in the PNW are of the same mind.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Ork of Fiction posted:

Shockingly, it seems like you and every white power group in the PNW are of the same mind.

The PNW combined with CA is an amazing combination of economics, natural beauty, access to resources and amazing agriculture, etc. it doesn't take a loving mastermind to conclude that the ingredients are there for a good country or whatever (not that I am advocating for this by the way, yet here it is, objectively true).

I have no idea why you are bring racism into it, that was weird man.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
"I just think that the whitest part of the US, that maintained its white supremacy for decades through laws limiting what jobs non-white people could have and where they could own property, is the best part of the United States and should probably just become its own country to keep the mud people from messing up a good thing." -the guy who calls everyone else racist

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Ork of Fiction posted:

"I just think that the whitest part of the US, that maintained its white supremacy for decades through laws limiting what jobs non-white people could have and where they could own property, is the best part of the United States and should probably just become its own country to keep the mud people from messing up a good thing." -the guy who calls everyone else racist

You have serious problems and should seek help.

CA is the powerhouse agricultural state, but it doesn't have water. The PNW has water, and is really pretty. Both are situated on the ocean. Resources aplenty.

*I did not advocate, at any time* that they should be a country, only that it would be a powerful country, which it obviously and objectively would.

I'm honestly not sure how to address your concerns at this point, sorry. Go ahead and take the last word. I'm going to the beach to watch the sunset.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Vargs posted:

pretty much this

wish cascadia would suceed already so i can go home

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Taima posted:

Look I'll make it quick here. The coastal people in California think the rest of California is loving stupid.

They also think everyone else not in coastal CA or the coastal PNW are loving stupid.

pretty much this

the people in curb your enthusiasm are fuckstains tho

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the thing is the CA coast is better lol so everyone else is just mad

if you hate us so much stop taking our tax money to fund your idiot poo poo

:ca:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Taima posted:

You have serious problems and should seek help.

CA is the powerhouse agricultural state, but it doesn't have water. The PNW has water, and is really pretty. Both are situated on the ocean. Resources aplenty.

*I did not advocate, at any time* that they should be a country, only that it would be a powerful country, which it obviously and objectively would.

I'm honestly not sure how to address your concerns at this point, sorry. Go ahead and take the last word. I'm going to the beach to watch the sunset.
While you are at the beach, coalition forces assist the rest of the US in regaining control of your threadbare government and comparably feeble military organization. You have now returned to the fold, and you will pay higher taxes for your attempted secession. The leaders of your dumb coup will be imprisoned for life so they may be ridiculed for the numbskulls they are.

Thankfully, this was just a simulated scenario.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
all u need to know about california is how to navigate the 405 freeway

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
also when they visit the east coast they're loving INSUFFERABLE stay in your ivory towers you shits

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Being liberal doesn't make you uptight. Being rich makes you uptight, because you know you'll probably die on a lamppost.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

a dog from hell posted:

I've been to the PNW and they hate your guts because you fuckers keep moving north. There's no Pacific loyalty, just white flight lol.

How is the zodiac killer thing still a thing?

Nothing is more annoying than when someone is bad at their job. #texasCops

Sethex fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 4, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

generative grammer posted:

behind all the beards and hawaii shirts and soft rock and yoga and new age crystals there's smug contempt towards humankind

And poor people. Nor cal liberals (40 and over) are super smug when it comes to being around the homeless. The women x10 more than the men. It's like they are Republicans.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

The Sphinxster posted:

This actually isn't true.

Uses the word actually, rear end in a top hat spotted

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

roymorrison posted:

all u need to know about california is how to navigate the 405 freeway

Hello there person who has actually visited California!

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Helical Nightmares posted:

It's like they are Republicans.

ding ding ding we have a winner here folks

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

mdm posted:

Uses the word actually, rear end in a top hat spotted

well played

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
no, because you're talking about an entire state which has millions upon millions of people in whatever vague category you want to pick. the chances of the "average liberal" being "insanely uptight" is certainly wrong simply by definition, unless it is you who are uptight about people with "average" views in X or X vague huge ideology. protip, most people dont really care very much at all about almost anything if you really pressed them about it

anyway im just calling you an rear end in a top hat because you are probably so brainwashed by what appears to be, in this case, conservatism you actually view an average californian liberal as "uptight" (a vague way for a internally confused person to say "wrong"). also dont confuse this with someone defending liberals, this applies in exactly the same way as a hardcore liberal who views all conservatives in an entire state as "backwards", I am truly and simply calling you out as an idiot OP. but have a nice day otherwise

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
looks like someone got put in the dog house :smug:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Taima posted:

More or less accurate.

dick wizard posted:

One time I was called a bigot for saying it was gross that there was a guy jerking off on people at the pride rally.

I would not be suprised in the slightest.

Ork of Fiction posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you? You can tell that a person hates California and has never been there when they try to perpetuate the "white power" myth. A decade ago I kept on hearing about "skin heads in Southern California" from idiot New Englanders but there were none. Maybe people got confused over The Offspring and Social D fans.

Similarly in the Bay Area, PNW I have never seen white power bullshit. It would be attacked immediately by the social action groups in the Bay Area. Now I can't speak for the rest of the state because California is huge, has large rural areas and lots of weird communities tucked away in pockets of geography. It wouldn't suprise me if there are communities here in the Sierras equivalent to Appalachia in politics and behavior.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
another thing I've noticed is that Californians get weirdly sanctimonious about how Not Sanctimonious they are

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

Curb Your Enthusiasm is specifically about rich Hollywood types so while that's a real kind of person they're pretty easy to avoid

e: You can combine it with Arrested Development and Silicon Valley for a kind of makeshift Worst People In California field guide

Accurate. Someone should publish this field guide too.

puke pentagram
Jun 12, 2015

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

most people dont really care very much at all about almost anything if you really pressed them about it

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Helical Nightmares posted:

Similarly in the Bay Area, PNW I have never seen white power bullshit. It would be attacked immediately by the social action groups in the Bay Area. Now I can't speak for the rest of the state because California is huge, has large rural areas and lots of weird communities tucked away in pockets of geography. It wouldn't suprise me if there are communities here in the Sierras equivalent to Appalachia in politics and behavior.

there 100% are nazi skinhead types in the bay and all over california. if you are a techbro who never leaves the mission or the castro or the sunset i could see how you might not realize this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i went to california once it was really cool but the people i was with thought cali was the peak of civilization and missouri was some sort of third world shithole with no amenities and its like nah the streets are cleaner back home then they are here, its loving LA

• Locked thread