Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I gotta say taima is being pretty annoying right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

hm maybe it's just everyone in this thread that is annoying

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I went to L.A. and got some waffles in Hermosa Beach and they were like twelve fuckin dollars

Later I walked to McDonald's and a crazy homeless woman was ranting and raving at a booth of people completely ignoring her

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they're some of the good white people who aren't afraid to eat at food trucks, and they want everyone to know it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Solvent posted:

I'm not white enough for white people, and not brown enough to be considered anything else. Chichano culture is well represented here, and your blanket statement is casually racist.

If that's not a joke, you're not from San Diego. People of all races love good mexican food, and I eat ceveche from a food truck all the time. It's awesome.

I know people of all races love Mexican food, that's my point. I'm offering a reason why anyone would brag about how many food trucks are in California, because nobody gives a poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Solvent posted:

Point taken, but I disagree about that being the only reason. It's closer to a hipster-esque statement about little eateries being more genuine by virtue of their smallness alone. I mean, they do have more to lose by making someone sick, or not being delicious and inexpensive, so maybe that is sorta something to brag about after all.

I <3 Mariscos food trucks, and if they were in your city, you probably would too.

bitch I got mariscos

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

are y'all saying Mexicans can't come here and open up a nice restaurant with ac and menus and poo poo without selling out on the authenticity of the food? idk seems racist in some way or something to me :smug:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

My mariscos place of choice upgraded from a lovely shack to a baller rear end brand new building right by love field, and the food is just as good and it's always packed as hell. Maybe the whole idea of "cheap smaller places have better food" is wanky bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

He was too special for this thread

• Locked thread