Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

DrSunshine posted:

There seems to be like a whole subgenre of just "dudes and their pet cats". The Daily Life With Pet Cat Genre!!

One of which is my favorites among all mangas, and that's Mill. This is a heartwarming and peaceful story of a college guy and his pet bakeneko, a yokai cat named Mill, who can turn into a girl!

I know what you're thinking. ":rolleyes: Yet Another sexy catgirl manga". It's not! Mill actually acts more like an old lady from around the Taisho era (which the main character comments on), and there's no ecchi content at all. It's just a nice, and somewhat wistful or bittersweet, story about a dude and his pet cat who is sometimes a sweet and gentle lady.

This is rather charming! I can't stop reading!

Also:
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless, the manga version of last season's sleeper hit anime.

I didn't even mean to do that, it just kind of happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Those last panels! :3:

Though I really want to know what sort of model Koiwai was making.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Maybe Tonari no Seki-kun? Honestly you've covered most of the stuff I've seen on Crunchyroll already.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Anyone care to give me any recommendations for a good SoL to watch on the train to/from work? Preferably available on Crunchyroll. I just finished Non Non Biyori, gave Servant x Servant a try and didn't really dig it, and I've already watched and loved Flying Witch.

I just thought of another one. Sketchbook ~full colors~ may be up your alley.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Hidamari is great, but it's not on CR (and I'm not sure it's legally streaming anywhere, for that matter) which is what I thought Spiritus Nox was looking for.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

does that ever move past all the blushing romantic tension and have them actually learn how to be siblings?

I think the blushing romantic tension is kind of the entire point.

I wouldn't normally be into it, but Ume Aoki is probably my second favorite manga artist.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Knorth posted:

This manga is really good! Between this and Kabu no Isaki, small planes seem very cool right now. Did the official release actually finish the manga? I can only seem to find the first 4 chapters

This is extremely my jam right here.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Isaki's constant violations of flight safety kind of got on my nerves at first, until the surrealism of the setting really started sinking in.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I know there's only one other poster in the thread who reads it, but new Binetsu Kuukan.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

A+ cute silly faces in this manga

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Yotsuba meeting dogs is good.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I like Rin's inner monologues, reminds me of how I act sometimes when I travel solo.

Also the scanlator's little mini travel guides are a thoughtful touch.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Yotsuba and SAVING THE PLANET

StandardVC10 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 2, 2017

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

New Yurucamp.

This series has the best translator notes, I swear.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Unexpectedly sad new chapter of Binetsu Kuukan for the interested.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

:woop:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

I don't really recall when they first introduced Koharuko. Is this her first appearance?

Only a couple chapters ago, during the trip to Tokyo (I think Yotsudad is getting her car.)

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Ahhh that was just what I needed :3:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Guys. GUYS! There's a new Yotsuba!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

The Colonel posted:

well the solution to this mystery is gonna be difficult to figure out since they've buried all our leads but it might have to do with 90% of the watamote fanworks being yuri fanart and doujins including 13 pages on dynasty scans filled with different art of the characters making out with each other

Whoever picks what goes in the images section at Dynasty Scans really, really likes Watamote

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Yotsuba!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Yotsuba and Cramming, Part 2, wherein very little cramming is accomplished.