Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
:neckbeard:

WOW! That's a good OP! And a GREAT selection of DL mangas! Great job!

Personally I can vouch for Tomo-chan (hilarious), Mitsuboshi Colors (adorable) and Soredemo (surreal + wacky fun!) being some of my super-faves. I'm sad that Soredemo is ending -- I just want more of the quirky characters!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Speaking of Mitsuboshi Colors, the most recent chapter is just goddamn hilarious. Go read it if you haven't.

"I'm super cute!" :3:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

There seems to be like a whole subgenre of just "dudes and their pet cats". The Daily Life With Pet Cat Genre!!

One of which is my favorites among all mangas, and that's Mill. This is a heartwarming and peaceful story of a college guy and his pet bakeneko, a yokai cat named Mill, who can turn into a girl!

I know what you're thinking. ":rolleyes: Yet Another sexy catgirl manga". It's not! Mill actually acts more like an old lady from around the Taisho era (which the main character comments on), and there's no ecchi content at all. It's just a nice, and somewhat wistful or bittersweet, story about a dude and his pet cat who is sometimes a sweet and gentle lady.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Lockmat posted:

The fact that almost 10 years on I still can't spend my hard earned Euros on an English print version of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is proof that there is no loving god.

QFT

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Oh man Yotsuba gets to be a lil' princess this time!! :3:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I love how Yotsuba, already at such a young age, has mastered the art of the princess ~:swoon: hair swish :swoon:~

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

Those last panels! :3:

Though I really want to know what sort of model Koiwai was making.

There's gonna be a miniature Yotsuba sliding down that tiny slide, just you watch.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Yay yay! There's two more super-cute chapters of Takagi-San :neckbeard:!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Two new chapters of Tomo-Chan! I love this "childhood" arc, and also how Misuzu was ... pretty much exactly the same then as she is now. Scary kid!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Today's "Its your fault I'm not popular!": .... uh wait! Kii was watching her sleep?? That's kinda creepy! Tomo's fears are justified!.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Today's Tomo-chan. I wonder when he's gonna realize that Tomo is a girl?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Speaking of puberty

There's a new 4koma about two girls going out drinking and being dumb.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Roots-Beer

Well, mostly just one of them being dumb. But it's good!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The silly thing is that I only know of it because one of the local libraries I work at happened to have it on shelf and I was like "Huh! Looks neat, let's give it a try. :shrug: " Turned out, it was great!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Today's Tomo-chan.

Carol is such an incredible troll!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mitsuboshi Colors is great, as always. Yui really is scary when she gets mad!!

But I wonder what Sacchan did to make her cry??

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I don't quite see the lesbian subtext here, but I really like this. It's so fluffy and cute, and all the recipes look fantastic. The art is so clear and delicate too.

EDIT: Woops, new Mitsuboshi Colors!:3:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Nov 14, 2016

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Ah, but a native speaker or a non-native speaker? I've had someone argue that the native sentences straight from an ESL translator (whose sentences were not organized in a way that any native speaker would speak) should only be proofread for spelling and minor grammar mistakes. So, instead of rewriting that sentence to something that actually makes sense in english, you should leave it as close to the japanese kanji and katakana as possible*, so as to preserve the author's original text as much as possible.

E: to bring it back to your point, the sentences would then sound like they were spoken by and english speaker ... just not a native one.

:psyduck: But... but that entails localizing it! Preserving an author's text means not mangling it by making it sound wooden and stilted since the author writing it in his natural language is not obviously trying to write in a stilted and wooden way!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Cotton Candy is the best goddamn thing to happen to this manga, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

No matter the TL, Tomo is lewd.

:stare:

Jun's reaction mirror's mine. ... uh.... I wonder if the author spent a bit of time and thought on that panel. Because that's a bit questionable if I do say so!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Unless you have too much neck, you can absolutely do that.

It feels hella awkward and ungraceful though, so it's one of those things that aren't very sexy in real life.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm glad Misuzu ended up getting the girls in today's Tomo.

Also, I was making my way through the recommended manga in the op and I think Doukyonin wa hiza, might be my new favourite manga. It's the best. :3:

Misuzu: owning scrubs and getting bitches. :kamina:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Yumi's Cells

A Korean webtoon about a 31 year old office lady ... and the cells in her brain. Think of it as a grown-up version of Inside Out.

It's super good you guys!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Artificer posted:

You fucker you tricked me! This is really depressing!

Really? You think so? I'm up to chapter 45 and I still think it's pretty hilarious!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

3 new chapters of Takagi-san!! Happy Valentine's day~

Also, Yumi's cells

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Yumi's Cells 183

I like the "A-Team" they've assembled here. With the main cells (EXCEPT HUNGER CELL!) together, Yumi is undefeatable! I kind of wish we could see Woong's cells though. What's going on in there? Did King Pouty take the reins for a while?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I think I'm going to hold off on Yumi for a while, the recent chapters have been very :ohdear: and I kind of want to read through this whole arc in one batch so I'm not sitting on any nasty cliffhangers.

RELAX. EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE FINEI think.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

From the same artist: Two new chapters of Mitsuboshi Colors!

The three of them brushing snow off of each other was so adorable. :3:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Likewise. Good to hear it takes a turn, as fun and cringey as it was, it was getting rather tiresome with no character growth. I think she was just starting to talk to the library girl when I dropped off.

The progress really is very slow, but by the latest chapters, Tomoko actually seems to have friends and peers she hangs out with. So now she's still an awkward goonlord, there's actually been progress in improving from that. I dropped it for a while for the same reasons, but picked it back up out of curiosity, and actually it's kind of nice how subtly she changes.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

EDIT: Ohshit, wrong thread!!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 9, 2017

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Ika Musume / Squid Girl has finally ended after 9 years of serialisation, on its 418th chapter - http://bato.to/reader#a965faf8d5571656

Aww. That was sudden! Although I guess with its format it was easy to end it anytime, so maybe the creator felt like it was getting stale and time to move on and draw other stuff. Good for him.

Still, that was way longer than a month in the story!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Eh, it's not that surreal, though. It is pretty adorable. The end of the latest chapter was pretty touching too! She's a good and cute 'pire'cubus.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mitsuboshi Colors.

"Let's ... not think too hard about what just happened here." :laffo:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Dumbcubus is bestcubus.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Takagi-san Chapter 60

Aw man, this is super cute. Also, Takagi wins, as always in the best possible way.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

Yotsuba meeting dogs is good.

But Yotsuba meeting aliens is even better! :v:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

In the latest Takagi-san, Teasing Terror we experiment with hypnotism and absolutely nobody except Nishikata is surprised at what ensues.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Huzzah! posted:

Fresh off the scanlation presses, Modokidomo

only the first chapter is out, the premise is an honor student just starting Highschool wants to act like a delinquent so people leave him alone and a delinquent tries to act like an honor student because her parents want her to. Each finds out the others secret and a strange friendship starts.

That's certainly an interesting take! It's like "Yankee-kun & Megane-chan" meets "Actually, I'm a...". I like it, it made me chuckle.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Whatever the trend is with Japanese manga and anime and games right now and making real good-looking food, I hope they continue. In related news, Yotsuba continues her buffet lunch adventures and the food looks good there too, though maybe not as good as some other series's

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Yotsubato/--100?id=402509

I don't really recall when they first introduced Koharuko. Is this her first appearance?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Watamote 130

Seems like Kuroki's.... actually incredibly popular now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Found another good one!

Satoko to Nada!

It's a cute page-a-day style webcomic about a japanese exchange student and her roommate at college in the US.
I'm about 1/3 of the way through, and it's been very cute and good the whole time.

I really like this one! It's good, seems informed by actual worldly experience / research, and very cute as an international customs and educational story. Good find!!