Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Asagi remains the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I dunno man he looks pretty creepy imo

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I think "does (manga) ever move past (dumb thing)" is sadly a mostly pointless question to ask

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

There is a very thin line where translation turns from "liberal but smooth interpretation" to "making poo poo up that's not there" and the best thing is that nobody agrees where that line is

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Ah, but a native speaker or a non-native speaker? I've had someone argue that the native sentences straight from an ESL translator (whose sentences were not organized in a way that any native speaker would speak) should only be proofread for spelling and minor grammar mistakes. So, instead of rewriting that sentence to something that actually makes sense in english, you should leave it as close to the japanese kanji and katakana as possible*, so as to preserve the author's original text as much as possible.

E: to bring it back to your point, the sentences would then sound like they were spoken by and english speaker ... just not a native one.

That someone should be publicly tarred and feathered

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Anything by Gogi Power Hiroyuki is incredibly bad, the man is just so horrible at paneling and angles it's loving amazing

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

You should be more mad about how Hiroyuki only knows one joke and he's been repeating it for years now

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I wish it would've been actual murder. Oh well, as long as this actually drives relationship progress I guess I'm okay with it.

:stare:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Mah dawg all that matters is that it's in English you're being ungrateful

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

This is gearing up toward a confession that's gonna be awkwardly interrupted and then they'll lose their courage and work their way back up to it over the course of a hundred chapters

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

If yall want more heartwarming loan shark adventures you should read Yamikin Ushijima-kun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

verbal enema posted:

THE ULTIMATE FINAL CHAPTER OF THE LOAN SHARK MANGA JUST WENT UP

https://mangadex.org/chapter/732890/1

💕

For a moment I thought you meant Yamikin Ushijima-kun and was like whoa is that what counts as SoL these days