Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jerusalem posted:

Okay gonna start watching LucIS THAT THE loving HONKY TONK MAN!?! :vince:
I had the same exact reaction.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yup, Ivelisse is out for a big chunk of the season. So is Angelico.
So her challenging Catrina was taped after her injury happened and is now used to cover for it, I guess.

It also reminds me how Ivelisse is having rotten luck with her injuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

AKA Driver posted:

Finally, the panel was Vampiro, Taya, Marty Elias, Fenix, Reps from AAA, and a handful of creative from Lucha. Melissa Santos and Famous B were also around. It was a fine panel that basically hyped up season 3 and discussed how everything came together. Nothing ground shaking, but it was just nice to see the program get exposure like that.
Marty Elias is an interesting choice. Why put him on such a panel? Does he have a role in production or is he just a referee?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
I still can't believe his appearance happened. It's actually a top 10 holy poo poo moment of 2016 in wrestling for me.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
My money is on Texano. Cage being Cage is good while Texano being Texano is very, very meh.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
I didn't really buy into that false finish. Once they showed Chavo Sr., I knew he was going to get involved and get Junior DQed only for Dario to overturn it. It was predictable, but as usual, the cool thing is not the finish, but how we get there.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jay 2K Winger posted:

It's that it wasn't even Striker doing it. It was Vampiro.
I actually liked that Vampiro said that and not Striker. It reinforces the impression that Vampiro does know more about the magical side of LU than usually lets on as commentator.

If Striker had said it, it would have been a groundworthy fourth wall break, though.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm sort of torn. I don't know about Sexy being champ to begin with, but by god, if you're gonna do it, loving do it and commit.
I agree. If you want to make a statement about strong women, give Sexy Star one or two title defenses to actually look strong. The way they booked it, it merely looks like a publicity stunt.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Maxwell Lord posted:

That is some cool entrance attire.
You know, with dragons and ghost witches and whatnot running around, I would not be surprised to find out at some point that scepter is magic.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

There's a point in every Sexy Star match where I complain about how limited she is in the ring and within a minute I am audibly cheering for her in my living room. She's certainly great at winning support.
Yeah, she's good at that and her matches are usually laid out/edited in a way that maximizes the effect.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

StarkRavingMad posted:

I laughed my rear end off when I heard that. Definitely an instant Top 5 wrestling hometown right there.

This was a very good episodes. A lot of stories started moving or moved along and we had some exciting wrestling. I hope we get some sort of update on some other things (Mantanza, the police storyline) soon, too.

JT Jag posted:

Predictable heel finish.
Yeah, sorta. But that means it will even more surprising if the unpredicatable happens and the Mack does not win against all odds. :v:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

these friendship handshakes are the best.
I love how those are shot. :allears:

quote:

JESUS. Vampiro, how ghetto do you think Mack is????
That commentary was certainly something.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Maybe include a special feature about the live bands they've had at the shows.
That would be seriously cool.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Trips confirmed for the unseen cigar smoking man.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Benne posted:

I miss Cuerno :smith:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Can't wait for the debut of Son of Anarchy! :v:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Him losing his debut match makes me wonder how many luchadores have lost their first match in the temple? Certainly feels like a lot of them did.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Cueto Cup feels likes a way to fill time and ostensibly advance feuds without telling different stories.
It really feels like they're spinning wheels a lot right now. Maybe it gets better as the tournament goes on and less people are directly involved in it.

exploded mummy posted:

Good news, Taya quit AAA because of a horrible screw job that got the Reina de Reinas title off of her and back to the now unreturned Sexy Star

Oh and they got Johnny Mundo involved in it and use him as a tool, so it'll be interesting to see if he remains with his fiancee out.
Someone should start a LOLAAA page.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Writer Cath posted:

It feels like the Cueto cup has sucked all the charm out of the show, like there's not time for those wicked fun skits anymore.
Yeah, this week's episode was really egregious in that regard.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They have no desire to book in response to people who get over because a) it's impossible because they tape entire seasons at once, and b) it would interfere with their grand, epic wrestling narrative or something.
This excuse worked for season 1 when Pentagon got over unexpectedly. It doesn't work for seasons 2 or 3.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Benne posted:

Well, that match reminded me why Catrina washed out of NXT. Ivelisse was basically wrestling herself.
Considering how much wrestling Catrina has done since, that came as no surprise.

Very disappointed that they didn't take the interesting route of Ivelisse running away with the rock.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Quiet Python posted:

And saddling the Mack with two badly-injured wrestlers that hate each other as his tag partners against a fresh team who currently hold the title is the kind of dick move Dario Cueto is famous for.
That's really all there is to it and anything else is overthinking this.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If LU ends with Pentagon never being champ then LMAO
It would be a fitting end to it to be honest.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gavok posted:

The montage at the end of the first season. It's such a perfect look at where things have come to and where things will go if there was to be a second season.
It's definitely a great summary and Drago flying away is a wonderful :wtc: moment. My favorite is not a specific moment, but the whole Ivelisse/Son of Havoc/Angelico storyline. If I have to be specific, I'd say the first Grave Consequences.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Benne posted:

This is a most pleasant surprise. Now what the gently caress do they do without Dario?
I would assume the guy who shot him takes over the Temple. Didn't he say something about "new leadership" anyway? It would be interesting to see what an uncontrolled Mantanza looks like, too.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
I also learned that wXw will have Toni Storm on the 20th and 21st. That might sell a ticket right here.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
As he should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Who's the guy sitting on the throne?

Also, I'm very intrigued now to see what is going on with the Rabbit tribe.

• Locked thread