Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
The season pass automatically adds the episode the day of/day after it airs, right? Thinking of getting it since I found out it airs on the TeleLatino Network here in Canada on the Sunday after it airs on El Rey. I want to support the show with actual numbers, but I'm also not that patient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Alright cool, guess that's the plan then! (Also because I just found out it's going to be airing season 2, not 3...)

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
I forgot how much I missed whoever is running the official twitter.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Yeah, if Pentagon's whole story in LU so far has been "he's looking for guidance from others but it never works out how he wants, so he burns his bridges and moves onto the next one," and he's just now realized he has to Believe In Himself, they're not going to immediately make him the top dog, story-wise. He's one fight out from deciding he doesn't need some new teacher, so I can see it taking time to actually start seeing progress.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
I can't remember, is anyone here going to be at the Paley Center tonight? And if so, what are our chances on a trip report?

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Yeah, I was following that on twitter. They just tweeted so few From Dusk Till Dawn tidbits, I figured they would just cherry-pick quotes rather than really going through the whole event. Sounded like it was a good time, though! Crowd seemed into it.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

I don't think Vampiro has much of a filter. I had to laugh when Striker said some kind of euphemism for testicles and then Vampiro just goes "Nah that's the NUTSACK, bro."

After two seasons of "Lower abdomen... upper thigh," this was the perfect payoff.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Gotta love the character work put into these matches. Every time Puma looked straight at Mil while he wrecked his boy was perfect, especially after the finisher.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
You know, I never fully understood what you guys meant with the difference between Taya fighting stiff versus Sexy Star not doing it, until right now.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Taya just works like one of the guys, and I mean that in the most complimentary way. Sexy always kind of looks like she's doing a Divas match

Yeah, there was something about that bump at the beginning that just didn't feel right. Like if it was with anyone else, Taya would've sent them slamming, but Sexy just sort of flopped before impact. I get it now :(

edit: Man I'd love to see an Aerostar/PJ Black 1v1 match. They're the two from the original tag teams/trios that were just sort of there because they're friends with the others, but they have some good matchups together.

KatWithHands fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 29, 2016

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Yeah, all the exciting stuff from the trailer that got me all hyped, personally, hasn't even been introduced yet, but that looks like it's about to change. The first few episodes have felt more like a reminder of where we left off, which would probably go over better if there'd been the 6 month break between seasons like last time. Instead, 5-6 weeks wasn't nearly enough time away to warrant a refresher on feuds/title holders, so it feels a little stale.

I have faith that once they move from "this is where we were" to "this is what's happening from now on" it'll gain momentum fast.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Germansimp posted:

Dear ElRey: Stop it with your loving geoblocking!

Thank you from a fan outside the US who can't even access that video with proxies.

ps.: Make your Itunes downloads available outside the US as well, dammit.

This has got to be biting them in the rear end, seriously. Went to buy the season 3 pass, they don't even have season 2 available on itunes outside the US yet. As much as I appreciate them getting actual tv deals up here in Canada, and I do watch when it airs here to try and support them however that works, it's still just the first season. They obviously have fans outside the US, they're just making it almost impossible for us to support them monetarily.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Goddamn I love the superfriends. Almost as much as I love faces getting away with giving the heels a taste of their own medicine.

Karma's a bitch and so is Sexy Star.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
That was one of the smoothest three-way matches I think I've seen yet. Everyone was exactly where they needed to be, when they needed to be there. Fun stuff.

Rey really sold that knee hit though, I actually felt super bad :ohdear:

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
That's probably the best way I've heard show being explained, SRM. When I first checked out the show, I watched for specific people because I wasn't into lucha before and didn't know any of the names, so I picked my instant favourites from the first three episodes (Puma, Johnny, Drago, Fenix) and really only paid attention to their matches. I looked up the match list so that I could just check out the episodes they were in. (Then I went back and did it again for the few new guys I picked up on...) I missed out a lot in those first watch-throughs, before I realized I needed to go back and watch every episode, even if they didn't feature my faves. Not only did I get attached to new fighters, but there was always something in each fight that made it worth watching.

I convinced a friend to check out a few episodes, and they've already started making the same mistake I did ("____ isn't even in this episode, should I still watch it?" Yes, yes you should.) so I'm just going to use your post to help explain how the show actually works.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Could just be sort of a testing thing? A few small venues where it doesn't really matter who shows up or even performs, because it's more about working out the kinks for touring? Still super weird, but I could understand them wanting to get them done before the holiday rush rather than having to wait until after.

What's the Lucha Underground experience they're talking about, anyway? The Nov 5 show or a season 4 taping?

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
From some dude in a bullseye mask to one of my favourite storylines in the series and he just keeps on going :allears:

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
From what I heard (man-sized grain of salt) it was a misunderstanding in his separation proceedings, they seem to be just as goo-goo-eyed as they were before the incident.

Also

StarkRavingMad posted:

I like when Aerostar brings the fire

I'm almost as happy about it as he was.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Good thing he's wearing white I guess...

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Did they just drop a fart joke in Lucha Underground? Glorious.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Also referencing Mundo's "internet photos" hahaha

These little touches that are completely unnecessary but ultimately incredible for world-building. So good.

I can't imagine how uncomfortable those masks must be. Dude's dripping and he hasn't even started fighting yet. Drago's mask is forever pouring sweat as well.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Ashikan judan posted:

Why is it that King Cuerno's headdress looked like an actual taxidermied deer, but Prince Puma's looks like he skinned a furry

Matt Striker played it off like he was making fun of Cuerno, but Puma totally left his cave on episode one wearing that thing.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Rey's on the outs with AAA already? First I've heard of it. The way he's been boosting LU and El Rey, he seems loyal to them at least.

Also, did anyone see exactly what broke Fenix's nose? It looked like Drago came down harder than expected, but it happened so fast I couldn't tell if it was a knee or Fenix had his hands up and ended up punching himself in the face.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
I kinda miss the thing where upcoming fights had the wrestlers walking down the tunnel/hallway. These new graphics are hit or miss.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Just a heavy sigh, and the whole apocalypse gets rescheduled next millennium.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DftXDzciZFg

I didn't know if I wanted Mil Muertes to speak, but his grunting roughly-accented grasp of english is pretty appropriate for a murdergolem

When was it, the first season? When he was just shouting three-word sentences at Catrina, and it was hard to tell if he was actually speaking English or just doing it phonetically? Either way, Ricky Banderas' oddly adorable twitter has already ruined Mils' grunty scariness for me, so he might as well get his full sentences in on camera now. I kinda like that the two non-speakers through the beginning of the show are now cutting promos to each other. Seems fitting!

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
So Pindar, eh? I don't know why I was surprised to hear straight up Illuminati poo poo in the LU canon, but that's awesome.

I take it that's who that "holy poo poo lizard face" was in the trailer?

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Rabbit Tribe looks like they're going to be a hell of a lot of fun this season, lots of great chemistry. But that fight was wayyyy too short.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
All that, and did he end up missing his finisher or was my feed just that crummy?

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

he missed it by like a mile!

but whatever, she was already out from brass knuckles, it was just the icing on the cake

Oh yeah, put a fork in her, but that finisher was such a 'c'mon, man' moment.

Overall a good episode, I liked it! No dealbreaker complaints from over here (except for how short that trios match was :argh:), and I can't wait to see more of the Rabbit tribe, not to mention the Drago/Kobra Moon feud/plotline is starting to kick off.

But now that Johnny has the title, what's the rest of the Worldwide Underground going to do? Those boys are gonna get bored sooner or later, Johnny.

edit: You know what, I take it back. I feel kinda bad about Sexy losing the title one episode later, especially with that episode title. Every Woman Is Sexy, Every Woman Is A Star seems like a slap to the face when she gets punked like that.

KatWithHands fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 24, 2016

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

fatherdog posted:

I don't remember anyone saying this about Fenix when he got done the same way.

But wasn't that whole thing lost in the wave of "Holy poo poo what is Matanza" at AW2? If he'd lost it to someone like Johnny 1v1 the next week, it would've probably been considered lovely booking too.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Was I just projecting, or did I hear the Purple Cobras *clap clap hiss* chant during the trios match?

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Gotta pay those medical bills somehow, right?

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Calling all Toronto goons.

I already hosed up and missed when Pentagon Jr was in town, I'll try not to gently caress this one up.

Missed Pentagon myself (went to the Lucha Toronto show the day after it and not the Smash show like an idiot) so this is a done deal. Heads up, but Lee's is kind of a not great venue for large crowds when it comes to wrestling, so A) buy tickets early and B) show up WAY early. Or be seven feet tall, that helps too.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Hahaha, if you only knew. I'm the complete opposite of seven feet tall.

I went to the Kaiju show last month and luckily a buddy of mine was already at the front so I just hung with him all night.

Oh man, lucky! We were there too but ended up leaving early because we didn't get there soon enough and just saw heads bobbing around all night. My brother's 6'7 and he was still going purely by the ref's reactions to things. My back felt like poo poo after two hours of standing on my tip toes. This time I bit the bullet and bought VIP tickets because why the gently caress not, I've only been dreaming about this day since I got into LU.

Edit: nevermind, it actually straight up says so on the card. I'm an idiot.

KatWithHands fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Lost a finger.

Lost a finger. :gonk:

Looks like his fingat's doing okay :unsmith:

https://www.facebook.com/darewolf333/videos/1349840941737401/

• Locked thread