Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I've been hearing alot about how tons of Youtube channels are getting demonetized/censored by Youtube's new "ADVERTISEMENT FRIENDLY POLICIES", and I fear for the future of the medium if the Moral Watchdogs take over like it's the loving Reagan era all over again. :arzy:

I also have heard that there has been rightfully a shitload of backlash both from youtubers and fans, and I was wondering if it could go anywhere and somehow force youtube to reconsider it's bullshit policies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
I've not heard anything about the thing you said in your post

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I have serious opinions about youtube personalities and their futures

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I'm making a change.org petition right now op

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
youtueb is stealing my crack money

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
first they took away the reddit pedo forums and I said nothing

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
if you remember the hit thread i made where a huge woman who might have been a man with a cut off sleeves shirt sees a kid filming a street fight, then starts going 'dont film it dog, ill break your poo poo dog' while chasing them, threatening to assault him and then destroy his camera, before his friend sort of runs and bumps into her, so she falls down

youtube seriously deleted that video for 'bullying'

so the judge and jury of the internet actually sided with the person who intended to commit assault and destroy property because she got made fun of for falling down while fat in the comments

i wish i was kidding, also google flagged wikileaks as a hacksite 28 minutes after the DNC leaks hit the internet so i have no idea why anything surprises me anymore or why anyone believes freedom still exists

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
freedom of speech means the government cant punish you for what you say, private corporations still can on their own platform
I'm a huge prick

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Guess you're gonna have to use daily motion for your cakefart fix.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I haven't kept up with any of this, but it might just be a push towards censorship-free premium content

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
something something safe spaces something something too sensitive something something hashtag activists something something tumblr

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

censorship is good idiot

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Horniest Manticore posted:

something something safe spaces something something too sensitive something something hashtag activists something something tumblr

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

nah it's not that

Youtube actually makes negative money yearly so promising big corps that their ads won't appear on Harlem Shake Diarrhea Edition videos will get more advertisers on board

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
youtuve advertisers have always been staggeringly retarded like if im watching funny videos for high people why are you trying to sell me a $60000 car? do some consumer research you ducking clowns

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em

Virtue signaling

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Ograbme posted:

Virtue signaling

that's a new one. explain?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
also this literally only affects people who still use Youtube Tags lol

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Are youtube fans actually doing anything about this?

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday

Performative progressivism

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Has this guy always been a nazi woman hater?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiYEbLQM2dg

if you get bored just skip to like 8m

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I guess you can't curse now and get the video monetized? :confused:

I really wonder when the hell this youtube bubble is going to burst. Those top channels that are bringing in hundreds of thousands of ad revenue are being watched by mostly children. Instead of showing ads for sugary cereals they show ads for like cars and poo poo. There's no way they aren't losing money.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

El Boot posted:

Performative progressivism

signifyin/g your progressisvis/m

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

OctoberBlues posted:

I guess you can't curse now and get the video monetized? :confused:

I really wonder when the hell this youtube bubble is going to burst. Those top channels that are bringing in hundreds of thousands of ad revenue are being watched by mostly children. Instead of showing ads for sugary cereals they show ads for like cars and poo poo. There's no way they aren't losing money.

There's a youtube bubble?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

the youtube bubble popped 2 years ago

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

the youtube bubble popped 2 years ago

I don't think it did because people are still making hundreds of thousands of dollars

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

extra stout posted:

if you remember the hit thread i made where a huge woman who might have been a man with a cut off sleeves shirt sees a kid filming a street fight, then starts going 'dont film it dog, ill break your poo poo dog' while chasing them, threatening to assault him and then destroy his camera, before his friend sort of runs and bumps into her, so she falls down

aww man now that you've reminded me of it I really want to watch this video again

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

But I was gunna quit my job to make lets play youtube videos where I say poo poo cock bitch in funny voices the whole time. My dreams are ruined. :(

I was also going to have a side channel about my personal life where I go to the grocery store and buy cheese or where I do my laundry. You know, an ode to my fans kinna thing.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Grouchio posted:

"YouTube fans"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

When you participate in capitalism, specifically in ad sponsored things, you have to do what the sponsors tell you or they can not advertise with you. This might be news to the 12 year olds who use youtube, but it's nothing new. They can still do basically whatever they want on there, but if they want Nissan or whatever to pay them for it, they need to do what Nissan tells them to like good little whores.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Vince MechMahon posted:

When you participate in capitalism, specifically in ad sponsored things, you have to do what the sponsors tell you or they can not advertise with you. This might be news to the 12 year olds who use youtube, but it's nothing new. They can still do basically whatever they want on there, but if they want Nissan or whatever to pay them for it, they need to do what Nissan tells them to like good little whores.

12 year old whores, eh? why don't you have a seat over there

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em

Posting on the Internet.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Is the problem with the way the commercials and ads work on YouTube?

Someone says something offensive on TV, people get together, say they're going to boycott advertisers unless they stop promoting it, etc.

On YT, however, I seem to get mostly the same ads no matter what I watch. Advertisers don't want to appear to be supporting controversial or offensive stuff, but they still want their ads to be seen, so is the quick fix, "Anything potentially offensive just won't get monetized for it, so you can still have the ads and what not, but content producers aren't benefiting from it financially."?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

It's the same as it's always been but they're more transparent now so we're angry.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
did you know that there is a secret white internet on the secret white continent

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
youtube twitter facebook etc. are not "free speech" sites, they are private websites and the owners can censor kick ban etc. whoever they want

if people want free speech they should use USENET

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Guess this is what's going to start the slow death of YouTube. I know charging a subscription for yt of all things won't work so guess on to the next thing once they remove all the good poo poo cause Americans are stupid about swearing

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

dookifex_maximus posted:

did you know that there is a secret white internet on the secret white continent

i got your secret white continent right here *smacks buttocks*

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
its where we go to say untoward things about the touchier ethnicities, like corns, nganasani and okinawans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Grouchio posted:

Thats too much work bro

• Locked thread