Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
youtuve advertisers have always been staggeringly retarded like if im watching funny videos for high people why are you trying to sell me a $60000 car? do some consumer research you ducking clowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

JediTalentAgent posted:

Is the problem with the way the commercials and ads work on YouTube?

Someone says something offensive on TV, people get together, say they're going to boycott advertisers unless they stop promoting it, etc.

On YT, however, I seem to get mostly the same ads no matter what I watch. Advertisers don't want to appear to be supporting controversial or offensive stuff, but they still want their ads to be seen, so is the quick fix, "Anything potentially offensive just won't get monetized for it, so you can still have the ads and what not, but content producers aren't benefiting from it financially."?

content producers decide the level of advertising on thier videos iirc so if they aint gonna get paid they will just tske all the ads off thier videos resulting in a total loss for advertisers anyway

p sure this is just a push towards youtube red

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Poetic Justice posted:

videogames are not art.

no no wrong goddamn it now im steamed if only there was a site when i could upload an hour of vulgar ranting about this and make 5 bucks for every million people who watched it but i guess those days are behind us

• Locked thread