Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Danaru posted:

I actually managed to (case 2)catch the Retinz/Reus bit a little early because I was looking at the Gramarye poster and wondered why everyone aged normally except Reus himself. Considering Valant and Zak both got new facial hair, I thought about what Reus would look like with facial hair, and oh poo poo :eyepop:

I guessed it blind because I caught it early that the body in the crime scene photo didn't have the same scar as Mr. Reus in the promotional poster, and then I assumed that it had to be Retinz because the real one would just have to make an appearance, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
So I'm kinda missing the whole "Godot was a sexist" angle. Unless you guys are talking about his whole "Phoenix was supposed to protect Mia" thing, but even that only takes a little higher-level reading to realize he doesn't actually feel that way, he's just brokenhearted/insane from waking up from his poison coma to find out that Mia is dead and he's projecting how he hates himself for having been, uh, otherwise indisposed onto Nick. It's not a case of that it was anyone's responsibility to protect her as it is a life-shattering case of the if onlys.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Oh, okay. I didn't even remember him having any interactions with Von Karma, it seems like a weirdly specific thing to fixate on I guess?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I dunno, I got it just fine. I mean, I love Phoenix Wright, but this poo poo ain't Shakespeare. If only because there aren't enough dick jokes

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dongicus posted:

he's gonna marry edgeworth

the tragic twist is that eventually, phoenix is gonna get murdered and they're gonna accuse his common-law spouse

larry butz

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
ugh the judge is married nick isn't a homewrecker

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I love ""new"" games on Amazon, I've gotten more than one that didn't even fit in my DS

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Plom Bar posted:

Vs. Professor Layton came dangerously close.

maya should've been bald

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Countblanc posted:

Nick is Bi.

bicurious maybe but you know hes only ever hooked up with edgey

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
is ryunosuke naruhodo phoenix wright's illegitimate son with the crazy girl's twin sister

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

quote:

sad sack

I dunno if I'd call Gumshoe a sad sack. Down on his luck, maybe, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who lets anything get him down.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the only good unofficial media ever created of phoenix wright was phoenix drive

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
sign outside of enix

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

He died from sodium overdose and a heart attack due to a diet consisting of only instant noodles.

but if maggey byrd was the one cooking it for him...

... does that implicate her in the murder :objection:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

which game was that from again

Waffleman_ posted:

Guess what's been rated for the 3DS.

i cant read korean

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
luke, can easily be replaced by a dog

quote:

No idea what the hold-up is, considering both the 3DS version and a full localization already exist.
physical print run?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

chumbler posted:

Gumshoe is happily married to Maggey Byrde.

phoenix wright and miles edgeworth's adopted son has a saying, if something smells, it's gotta be the gumshoe

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tallgeese posted:

Aren't they like ten years apart...?

yeah and he's in his thirties so what

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i don't get the love for apollo justice but at the same time i get the feeling that people who really like apollo and think phoenix should be retired don't understand what's likeable about nick. it's an ouroborus of misunderstanding

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
admittedly i would be down with a case (or game) where nick fakes his death, fully trying to play up and parallel mia but then he's like "that's why i knew it would work, apollo!"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Waffleman_ posted:

Ace Attorney 7 should have a 100 year timeskip and take place on a space colony.

do you play as phoenix wright's illegitimate great-grandson with iris

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it's phoenix wright's true love, and his bastard child, who will compete with trucey for his paternal attentions

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Barudak posted:

The next Phoenix Wright is going to be 50% courtroom cases with Phoenix and 50% dating sim where you play as Trucey and gotta help Phoenix get laid.

with who? he's already hooking up w edgeworth on the reg

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bongo Bill posted:

Poor Iris.

look man she's still in prison but at least her son/daughter will finally get to be raised by their real dad, phoenix wright, and their not-real dad, miles edgeworth

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
no, the stupid joke is that phoenix wright has been a bad dad to his real kid, whose mom is in prison, while raising trucy and training apollo.

and phoenix's :allears:special someone:allears: is edgeworth, naturally

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Carlosologist posted:

Actually, what I really want is Girl Attorney; Athena v Franny, Detective Ema, female Judge

actually every judge is already a different person and some of them are women but they all have beards and male pattern baldness. it's a weird kojima-tier UCLA genetics program

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
idk i got some predatory vibes from that ben fella, he seems like the kind of guy who would propose to a fourteen-year-old

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i heard max galactica is just some hick from arkansas and he isn't even gay

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

phoenix wright finally marries edgeworth...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yeah layton would be baller investigator but then he appears in the courtroom and it's like herschel get out

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
e: wrong thread gg no re

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i love ace attorney but i hate when you either have no idea why a piece of evidence will work, and i hate when you have evidence that should work but the game expects something very slightly different, or presenting on the wrong testimony

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i finally powered through 2-3 and moved on through 2-4, and now i'm at 3-2. i just realized why i hate herschel layton so much, it's because he's a smarmy know it all like luke atmey

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
So, I'm trying to get back into Spirit of Justice, which I put down because I was really over the lovely prosecutor, and now I'm probably really over it because I can see the contradiction but I'm apparently pointing out the wrong thing or presenting it during the wrong testimony and this abortion of a mechanic Insight is as stupid as that music video bullshit in AA4

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Carlosologist posted:

don't you just love that fellow Matt Engarde? he's so charming, this run as the Nickel Samurai will definitely get him to the top! whatever happened to the guy who played the Steel Samurai though? His name was... Will?

I don't like him, I think he's a scrub. Also, what is with his 1999 boy band haircut.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I can't tell if that fat detective likes getting whipped by that German prosecutor or not, but I also don't know why they keep showing footage of it on TV

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
so you're saying, he's perpetually renting a gatewater suite with victor kudo where girls dressed like maids fan them and feed them grapes all day

also nick cmon man poo poo or get off the pot. propose to either maya or edgeworth already. actually at this rate iris will serve out her prison sentence

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mabels big day posted:

i know this is a joke but (AAI2) at the end of the game Edgeworth actually gives him a raise and that's the real ending of his arc.

Play AAI2 everyone

you are mistaken, this is the end of the Instant Noodles arc. Next is the Maggey Byrde Saga arc.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sudden Javelin posted:

Yeah for real, I tend to forget cases here and there with AA. Ghost Trick however has burned itself into my brain because I was so into it

the only thing ghost trick burned into my brain was how awful the puzzles in the park were

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I loved rookie Mia but hated the Dahlia cases.

spoken like a true believer in edgewright otp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I don’t see how that follows from what I said?

because all the dahlia cases involve nick getting lovey dovey with iris instead of miles edgeworth