Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

3 days until it's released! I can't wait.

Carlosologist posted:

The chief of police rarely gets involved in regular officer affairs. we all saw what happened last time the chief was involved heavily in a case

When was it said that Gumshoe is the chief of police?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Case 2 question/spoilers: Does anyone have pictures of each of the signs that Roger holds up? I noticed someone made an avatar for "Say something dumb" and I wanted to finally get an avatar, but didn't want to steal that one.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Momomo posted:

She went from being 9 to being 16, which is a pretty huge change developmental wise. She went from being immune to plot to being old enough that she could be accused of murder, for instance.

The other thing that's really jarring is that Pearl is older than Trucy, and yet she doesn't act remotely as old.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

HenryEx posted:

I assumed he was knocked out after entering the temple and then killed while unconscious, being then channeled with knife in hand over dead Inga. it was the first thing i thought of when he said what he remembered happening. I immediately thought Maya was currently channeling as i was speaking to him in the detainment cell (due to the black hair), but then the game went "nope, Maya is in the hospital, she's fine" and i was at a loss for a while WHO was channeling. Was never a doubt in my mind that Dhurke was dead af and being refrigerated in a coffin from the start of the investigation (well okay, some doubt that was immediately cleared when he said "sorry Apollo about what you're gonna find out"), i just couldn't tie together the exact timeline since his time of death was so far off.
As for Inga being surprised, i don't remember the shock being that huge. Probably because we only "heard" him over the phone and didn't see a comically exaggerated facial expression. I assumed he was baffled that he was speaking with his extortion target PW in America one second, and the next second the line had been hijacked by the notorious rebel leader of his country. That would give anyone pause, no deaths involved.

Considering everything else can be seen coming from quite a while away with explicit hints, it's really the one thing that's a little out there and not too well defined ahead of time.

As far as the detainment cell part is concerned, they did hint that black hair would be involved because they had L'Belle brand hair coloring in Inga's room for no other reason, I guess maybe if he was greying or something.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Playing through Apollo Justice again. Is it bad that I'm dreading doing the last case?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Brandfarlig posted:

SoJ is good, but (6-5) why the hell does no one ever channel the founder? I get that it wouldn't be important to the case as written but I've had that drat orb waved in front of me for like 10 hours so Maya really should get on that. It could solve the "Rayfa can't channel spirits yet so I have to be Queen no matter what" thing Ga'ran goes for.

Remember, you need the name of the person to channel them? The name that Maya got from the scroll in 6-3 was not the founder's name. The only person who knows the name would be the current Queen I believe.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

For the switch version that's coming out, are they adding any QoL stuff like message log reading, and going back to old cases in the middle of them, or is it just a straight port of the trilogy... again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Ceramics posted:

I agree its really nice.

Plus just not having to pull out my 3ds for my all too frequent replays is more then worth it.

What QOL features did they add to the switch remake of it? Do we have chapter select or backlog reading?