Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Plus 1 has the second-greatest cross-examination of all time.

The greatest is a tie between two from Dual Destinies' DLC case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

On case 2 right now.

Where else on the exterior of the coffin am I supposed to be dusting for prints aside from the smudge on top?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

SANTA NO!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Case 3, Trial Day 1 question: I'm stuck on the third part of the seance. I've already figured everything up to 'there actually wasn't a wind guard on the lantern'. What am I missing?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Think of the scene before he starts reading and after he finishes. It's a sizable amount of time.

Still going right over my head, sorry.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Has Rayfa cleared up the visuals of the Seance yet?

Yes. I'm right after the part where Sadhmandi bullshits about the police putting the cover back on the lamp after pointing out that it was flickering.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So, uh... Does this fourth case serve any actual purpose? I'm just loving how they finally had to throw their hands in the air. Making Simon the weeaboo was definitely the right call, in hindsight.

Also, holy poo poo, I think they made a legitimately good Case 3.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

(Case 5 Day 2) Honestly, when I saw the notepad of Inga's descriptions, I thought they were going to set up a reveal that he was intending to use his underlings to frame the members of the main cast by dressing up one of his goons as himself, and killing him while he had a "view" of the (disguised) person(s) mentioned in the note before they would be called in for the hostage exchange. I was fully expecting him to be revealed to be alive in the course of the trial up until a bit after the seance proper.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I want Juniper to show up in AA7 as a judge, with Hugh and Robin as assisting defense and prosecution.

Did you catch the bit later in Case 5, Investigation 2 where they open the locket and Athena starts teasing Dhurke about liking younger women? When Dhurke points out he was younger in the picture too Athena replies "aw, that's no fun."

That's a weird way to spell out "courting Ema Skye." :allears:

This is exactly what I want from AA7 as an Athena-centric game and maybe give her Franny Von Karma as her endgame rival. That and for Athena to start turning her back to prosecutors and witnesses as both a callback to Blackquill and because she doesn't need to see them to hear the discord.

I'm all for this if it ends up with a scene where she and Blackquill are showing their back to each other... Because they're too dorky to be the first one to turn back around.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Animara (sp?) first channeled Inga to get into the tomb to make things look normal, then ended that channeling and started channeling Dhurke before the cast entered.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Like hell they aren't going to save that as a big dramatic "reveal" for the final case of whatever game it finally comes up in.

And I'm really hoping Athena will be getting a greater focus in the future; I loved the Mood Matrix stuff from DD (well, mostly the bit where Simon bullshits it on the fly). And as obtuse as some of the Soul Mirror segments got, I'm... Hesitantly optimistic for their inevitable return?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Tir McDohl posted:

I want to see Juniper Woods in a judge role for one case

edit: at least

We still haven't had a case where the Judge is a defendant, come to think of it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

From the phonecall I'm pretty sure he knew.

Yeah, I think he put two and two together when he realized he was talking to the guy he'd killed. And since Nayna was presumably still around at the time, and he almost definitely knew Ga'ran's big secret...

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

He actually did get charged with all of the thefts, but the prosecution only focused on the one that he really didn't commit.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I got the DLC case last night, and... Uh... At the very least, I'm enjoying the defendant's animations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, Heavy Metal Hippie Jesus at least put up a fight before his reveal.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I finally finished the DLC case last night.

I can see why people were disappointed with the finale; the culprit felt like they went down way too easily after their big transformation/reveal, though I did get a laugh out of the "right to remain silent" testimony.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I thought Phoenix didn't know Maya was in danger until the investigation phase of day one, and... She obviously was busy with other things at that point.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I'll admit, I found the seance stuff was pretty novel, though I still preferred Athena's.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: there's an issue when the characters themselves think that the prosecution's case is stupid.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Just wait until you see the Justice Minister's name.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, we're kinda in the doldrums over west while they finish DaiGyaku.

Is there any news on that front?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

...Merry Christmas.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Eh, I can understand it, kind of: it's not (just) about getting him another guilty verdict, it's about unraveling all of his long-term schemes so that he doesn't end up ruining even more lives than he already had, and doing it in such a way that it breaks him so that he'll never be a threat again.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

SoJ is worth it just for Case 2 alone.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, putting aside everything involving Max's relationship... I'd say 4-3 is worse just from a whodunnit perspective. It's a case that everyone (including the prosecutor) basically acknowledges has way too many holes, not the least of which being that the defendant would supposedly be physically incapable of committing the crime.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

When in doubt the answer is fujoshi

Trolls, or...?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I think T&T's first case has that beat: if you lose, the series never happen.

:haw:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

From TWO THOUSAND AND SIX.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Tons of squiggly lines?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

SoJ's DLC does have some fairly funny moments, but overall... yeah, it's not the best case of the game like DD's was.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Completely rewrite the entire case so it's about standups, case revolves around the Aristocrats.

"So this family walks into an attorney's office..."

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Hell, I'd love more cases with Athena headlining.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, the seeming ending of the final case is actually only the halfway point. The final villain could’ve easily had their own standalone case... but then again, the game suffers from enough arc fatigue as it is.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I don't know, there's been some dark rumors floating around about them, too. You ever notice how you never see Mr. Reus and Thalassa around any more?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Can someone explain the Hero of Heroes Grand Prix to me? All I can see is that the HoHGP from last year was won by the Pink Princess and this year Global Studios is putting up Nickel Samurai in the contest, but, won't Nickel Samurai have 4 episodes out at most by then?

:ssh: It’s all rigged anyways.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I just want a game with Athena headlining it already. It’s a shame that she’s really only lead two (and a half) cases since her debut... and one of them was basically completely filler, even if I did kind of enjoy some of the twists it pulled off.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Her having anxiety attacks when she realizes she just (seemingly) majorly hosed up is definitely more relatable than Phoenix and Apollo going Super Saiyan, at least. :v:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Plus, well, the moment where the original Cornered music plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Did they at least show if it’s going to be AA5-style 3D models?

...And, uh, when’s the next conceivable place that they could make an announcement at?