Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I'm ready to head back to Japanifornia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waffleman_ posted:

Sometimes you get a midnight release, but this is not a midnight release.

What? Unacceptable.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
:siren: Americans, we can now download our lawyers! :siren:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Justin_Brett posted:

Does anyone ever tell Nahyuta to just gently caress off? Even his breakdown animation isn't that satisfying for all the work you have to do to get it.

I've mostly just started Case 4 but Blackquill at least fights back with insults of his own. It's actually really refreshing and the most I've ever liked him. Nahyuta needs to cram it, because I'm sick of his crap.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waffleman_ posted:

Case 4: ATHENA'S NEW OBJECTION THEME HOLY poo poo

It's the best song in the game thus far. It's super good.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
It's not spoilers for Case 5, but that's where I finally realized this. Datz is like a new Larry but better. I love this guy.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Someone give me a zero spoilers low-down on Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney, if you would please. Like, is it a decent length, decent case, and entertaining? Worth the $4?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waffleman_ posted:

OH MY GOD ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME WITH THIS FINAL SCENE

Hey, remember this thing we never talked about? We still aren't gonna talk about it!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This series is completely allergic to writing out characters. There's no way Apollo's not back next game.

Considering the final scene had Phoenix talking with Thalassa about Apollo and Trucy's relationship, they'll probably, finally get around to that by AA7. Apollo still hasn't been accused of murder yet either. With him as the only defense attorney in Khura'in, he'll have to call Phoenix to jet over and save his life.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The best thing Klavier ever did was not be in Spirit of Justice.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

The Asinine Attorney sketches are just side jokes and don't count. :colbert:

Which is a shame, because I want Pearl to be the Queen of Khura'in.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

ImpAtom posted:

The Judge gets accused, Junpier has to stand in as the new Judge.

As soon as she gets in the court she goes bald and grows a magnificent beard.

The beard blooms into flowers when she's surprised.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waffleman_ posted:

Fact: Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice have both used forged evidence in court.

I can't wait for Athena to use forged evidence in AA7.

It will be during the trial where Apollo is finally charged with murder. Let's kill two birds with one stone.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Jsor posted:

I just want somebody to mention poor Iris again.

I'm sorry, but she's dead.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Geniasis posted:

He doesn't show an interest in men though, unless you're talking about Wright, but I never got the impression that their relationship was romantic

It's definitely not, especially when you take the DLC into consideration where Phoenix pokes fun at Edgeworth for being single. Not that Nick isn't, but when has not having a leg to stand on ever stopped him?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

mabels big day posted:

This is by far the strangest complaint I've ever read.

Hey, I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan as a crying pan!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

oath2order posted:

"Oh my god."

What more can be said? I can't believe such a renowned prosecutor turned out to be a murderer. 2016 has been a crazy year.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
With the power of the Switch, AA7 will be the first fully 3D, open world Ace Attorney. It'll play something like L.A. Noir.

- Trust
- Doubt
- OBJECTION!
- Get burgers

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Cake Attack posted:

im pretty sure technically aa5 and 6 would be considered to have phoenix as the main character so i wouldn't read much into it

Yeah, Apollo has basically become the main character as of AA6. That game's technically about Phoenix rushing to another country to help Maya out of a jam then inadvertently getting embroiled in politics there and it's still Apollo's story.

There are also supposed leaks of Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite DLC stating Apollo will be a fighter instead of Phoenix. Take it with a grain of salt, but if true, it could mean Horn Head back in the driver's seat for the next game.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Regy Rusty posted:

AAI is good and everyone but me is wrong

AAI is good, but the final boss is way too long and drawn out and also should not have been the final boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Terper posted:

But the Switch is Perfect for Ace Attorney!!

Didn't they confirm AA7 was in the works for the Switch back around the same time they said they were working on the HD trilogy?

What happened to that?