Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Another installment in the wacky adventures of Phoenix Wright - Ace Dad - and his gaggle of children and Charley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gaspen Payne in glittering gold is fitting because it makes him a polished turd.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Regy Rusty posted:

"Filler" cases are good

They should make a game with all "filler" cases

You can argue that that's what Justice for All was.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Apollo Justice is the Raiden of Ace Attorney; his first game is uneven as hell but every other time he shows up he's awesome.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think they should take Trucy's offer of joining the agency.
Wright Anything Agency and Home For Wayward Children.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

All Ace Attorney cases not involving those fuckers at the circus are good and cool and possibly my friend.

Case 2 of SoJ features the kids bumbling their way through a case in a way that would make Phoenix proud.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

chumbler posted:

No, Ace Attorney musou.
Do Not Pursue Badger Blue

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gumshoe is now mayor of Los Angeletokyo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The White Dragon posted:

phoenix wright and miles edgeworth's adopted son has a saying, if something smells, it's gotta be the gumshoe

That's not Apollo's catchphrase.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rayfa is part of the Little Sister Squad with Trucy and Athena.

Nahyuta is his new Klavier.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The White Dragon posted:

it's phoenix wright's true love, and his bastard child, who will compete with trucey for his paternal attentions

Apollo's already around though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

When does Phoenix cut to the chase and convert the agency into an orphanage?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's interesting how the game called "Apollo Justice" is the one that's the least about him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ImpAtom posted:

Apollo Justice is seriously one of the better turnarounds of a character. It's amazing how good a job they did at making me like the guy after his debut.
He didn't even have to become a cyborg ninja for people to start liking him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I hope everyone in this circus is murdered in a completely avoidable way for really stupid reasons.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Word through the grapevine is that Mueller is floating von Karma to lead the prosecution team.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

This is why I prefer Gramarye shows, absolutely no murderous drama and no one involved is an rear end in a top hat.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Raserys posted:

Same but with glasses

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Now that Polly has moved out, Athena can get a trilogy about her story.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's always digging up Athena's unmentioned father like SoJ did for Apollo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trial By Fire

The prosecutor is the vengeful spirit of Dahlia Hawthorne

All the prosecutors are the ghosts of the final bosses of previous games, ending with Manfred trying to ruin countless lives with one act of pettiness from beyond the grave.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

Franziska grew up in Germany, but she doesn't talk about like sauerkraut and fine automobiles all the time.

No but she totally should.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Franziska: German prosecuting...IS ZE FINEST IN ZE VORLD!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hobo Phoenix and New Phoenix are both cool and good.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

It's also the 18th anniversary of the IS-7 incident, where a guy wondered if anyone was better than him at making desserts, and the answer was "No" so hard it led to three people being murdered over the course of 16 years.
I hope one day Phoenix learns that this is ultimately the reason his life has turned out the way it has.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

Actually, I forgot about the Misty connection, so it's more like 4 people. Maybe 5 if you count Morgan being present to be an accomplice to Turner Gray.
There's also the consequences of Phoenix becoming a lawyer (which itself was a distant consequence of IS-7.)

Which adds Zak to the body count at least.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder what random orphan kid Phoenix will bring into the agency for AA7.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Iris had one last bullshit secret to keep from Feenie...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

Did you also forget the love triangle in the circus case where multiple grown men want to marry a 15 year old

A 15 year-old who acts about ten years younger.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

This red guy in the Gramarye Troupe seems like a huge loving rear end in a top hat, I wonder if he did it?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It looks like Wright kidnapped that Zak guy's kid, I'm guessing as some ransom thing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder how this is going to impact Miles Edgeworth's run for DA. The prosecutors' office is looking pretty clean these days (I like this DeBeste kid), but Edgeworth's prior association with Wright should cause some problems.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Athena will get her full backstory revealed in AA7 without any warning like Apollo's was in SoJ.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nate RFB posted:

Japan/"America" in the Ace Attorney world not only continuing to use the death penalty but also using hanging to accomplish it is something that kind of fucks with me whenever I ponder it for more than a few seconds.

Japan in the real world continues to use the death penalty and only does it by hanging.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SardonicTyrant posted:

I always felt Kristoph was the worst written bad guy of the series because he really doesn't have a motivation to do what he did other than getting slighted just once.

I mean that was basically Manfred's entire motivation as well.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I want the next prosecutor to saw the bench in half when he first eats poo poo in a trial.

The bench is of course miraculously fixed the next time you see it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Everyone in that case except for Moe sucks. The murder is also really dumb.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

1-3 features the exact moment Edgeworth's life goes downhill (when Oldbag testifies) and I can't hate it because of that.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bloody Pom posted:

One thing I never got is (AJ spoilers) Why the gently caress Thalassa felt it necessary to hide her existence from Apollo and Trucy even after after her memory came back. Like holy poo poo lady, there is literally no downside to you dropping the Lamiroir act. Trucy really is the only non-rear end in a top hat magician in the entire series.

In fairness Apollo is going through some poo poo during most of DD and really didn't need the extra bombshell of "oh yeah your mom's alive and trucy really is your sister" dropped on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Barudak posted:

I just want Trucy and Maya to be able to hang out with Apollo and not be accused of murder while that happens.

Apollo will never be a real member of this family until he gets accused of murder.