Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Does anyone know if Australia is getting this actually on the 8th, or when it's the 8th in the rest of the world? Because if it's the former that's tonight. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Australia has the game too, by the way. Apparently we're just lumped in with Europe again. Not that I'll complain if I get this a few hours earlier.

It didn't take them very long to try to recreate Marlon's popularity, I see.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So I'm playing case 2 and with all the characterisation for Trucy and talk of the Gramarye Troupe and in general just acknowledgement of AA4, I reckon they're finally gonna bring up Apollo and Trucy's relationship. There's even a poster of Thalassa and Trucy got some flowers from Lamimoir! Also Apollo's ringtone is the loving guitars loving serenade

Also :siren:you can examine Charley:siren:.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The hardest part of Case 2 for me was presenting the clipboard when you press Retinz, I assumed it wouldn't work because you couldn't connect it to him. I did try the contract though, so that pissed me off when I finally selected the clipboard and Apollo starts talking about the loving contract I'd tried before.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Well to be fair in Case 2 It's arranged by the dickbag, and even then doesn't last.

Otoh, DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Generally Spotpass just tells you when DLC is out.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Perfect Potato posted:

Why is every Gramarye outside of Trucy such an unrepentant piece of poo poo. Max Galactica was kind of a dick in a Job Bluth-ish way too but he wasn't a psychotic motherfucker like everyone in that troupe seems to be

I mean all Thalassa did was (AJ) get amnesia and, uh, vanish into the aether before DD? She apparently still exists now to send Trucy flowers but

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Terper posted:

So I just discovered the connection between Sahdmadhi and Apollo

Man we really did not know much about this guy at all huh

Seriously. I though Clay coming out of nowhere was bad enough, but excused it as trying to make up for AA4. This, though, uh :stare:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ometeotl posted:

Case 2, Investigation Day 1: Okay, I give up, where am I supposed to dust this drat coffin for prints? I found one hand print on the top that "doesn't belong to anyone involved with the case" and no others. I feel like I've dusted every inch of this stupid thing, but...

On one of the front-top-side edges, where someone would hold it to take the front off

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I can never remember his last name. Maybe I'll start calling him Prosecutor Smdh. :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Regy Rusty posted:

Lol these goddamn Khura'inese pun names

High Priest Tahrust Inmee and his wife, Belee'be

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Case 3 Trial 2 Holy poo poo Inmee's name has one hell of a double meaning :stare:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

HenryEx posted:

Where is the second set of fingerprints on this dumb coffin, i've been dusting this thing for 15 minutes now

I almost wonder if we couldn't stick an answer in the OP, for how often it's asked.

AlphaKretin posted:

On one of the front-top-side edges, where someone would hold it to take the front off

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh that wasn't intended as a jab at you, just a general observation. That fingerprinting session sucks.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

alcharagia posted:

also when does my bro blackquill show up

Case 4, though it's just really blatant filler.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Case 5, Trial 1: Holy poo poo, a civil case is the last thing I expected from this series, to say nothing of the circumstances. :supaburn: Where the hell is Maya, though? You'd think she'd have something to say about the Crystal of Ami Fey belonging to some rando politician family.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

My gripe about Case 4 is that it blatantly only really exists so you get a chance to play as Athena, so presumably they'd have made it for people who like her, yet they spend the whole time making GBS threads on her as somehow less experienced than in 5-3.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

All I've got is how it sounds like his nickname backwards - "Rajah Ratings". :shrug:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Case 5 Trial 2, and also a reference to AAI2: Ga'ran in fierce competition with Blaise Debeste for Parent of the Year, I see.

E: "It seems the Princess is more grown up than you thought" After all, she just made a dramatic announcement in the voice of a 20-30-something woman. :v:

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Sep 11, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Actually speaking of case four, I assumed all the spoken-of localisation trouble would be from the rakugo stuff, I bust a gut when I realised they had to make an anagram work too.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's good, get it. The fourth doesn't suck, it's just underwhelming. I'll put the specifics in tags in case you want to go super blind but it's not a plot spoiler or anything. It's one trial day without an investigation, like any case 1.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Haha, late Case 5 really early in the game with the seemingly plot-important singing and dancing I joked to myself about FE Fates and now we're going after evil royalty practically called Garon

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh my loving God whole game this game was Apollo Justice 3 and about his loving parents, and the game had a case about Trucy and the Gramaryes with a reference to Lamimoir, and he still hasn't been told about his relation to Trucy!

E: NEVER loving MIND HELLO STINGER

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 11, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Terper posted:

lol (case 5) Inga's full name is Inga Karkhuul Haw'kohd Dis'nahm Bi'ahni Lawga Ormo Pohmpus Da'nit Ar'edi Iz Khura'in.

I don't get it :saddowns:. All I see are "pompous" and maybe "darn it".

E: VVV :drat:

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 11, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

alcharagia posted:

case 3 day 2 investigation: you got all the dominant lawyer genes! i was stuck with the recessive prosecutor genes!

But Apollo is clearly Raiden? :confused:

E: gently caress I just realised something, Case 5 Endgame and 999: 999 is obviously the first thought when propagnosia comes up, but I just realised - Inga shoots Dhurke repeatedly in the chest out of panic, failing to kill him. And if Dhurke's arm isn't injured then, uh, what the hell. Come to think of it, incorrect assumptions are made about whether both characters in question are alive, and the truth is revealed by opening a coffin. This rules.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 11, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Boy people sure are testy about people using the term filler case on a filler case.

Though really I need some help on Case 5 Day 2 Investigating Need to find Dhurk's tic with the bracelet. I thought I found it with his sleeve but he keeps saying that he had a itch and that's it. Not really finding anything else.

A bit further up his sleeve he's pressing something up against it

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Hey speaking of Nahyuta, how exactly is one supposed to refer to his unique voice clip?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's "Satorha!". The voice clip sounds somehow busier than that, like it should have more consonants or something, but maybe that's just the speakers, I can sort of hear it.

On the topic of voices, it's weird that Rayfa has a voice, and says "Hold It!", but doesn't have a voice clip for "Hold It!". I'm also disappointed that (case 5)Apollo isn't voiced saying "A dragon never yields."

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Sep 12, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

That's the weird thing about this game (whole game spoiler): No trial ever officially goes for longer than a day. No complaints, really, just weird.

Doesn't case 3?

Either way, I'd rather than than AA1-3 and 1-5.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What do you mean by more fanfiction-y?

Not to speak for the guy who said it, but something I've noticed is that the more recent games are fond of suddenly making up history for existing characters, like Apollo's situation both in this game and with Clay, and Edgeworth with Dogen in AAI2.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Everything everyone's said is very fair.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

E: Actual question, what's the fan favorite character of this game? I can't get enough of Datz. He's actually the best.

I liked Datz at first, but I got a little tired of him as the game went on. My favourite minor character is probably Armie, overall it's hard to say.

E: What the gently caress how did I forget Rayfa, it's Rayfa.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Sep 14, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I feel like I missed something with Rayfa. She just didn't really click with me at all.

I was going to post an image of her smiling animation but I couldn't find it online. The AA wiki has a gallery for Bonny, but not one of the game's main characters. :psyduck:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The audience chamber is fine when it's empty... the issue is rendering twenty goddamn guard models. The same thing happens when a bunch slot in behind Ga'ran in court. Case 5 Day 2

My biggest gripe with the music is that Cross-Examination ~ Presto as a concept is still confined to Investigations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

On case 4 (but not relevant to the current discussion) was anyone else kinda unnerved by the way everyone was pressuring Uendo to eat something they thought (correctly) would knock him out?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Carlosologist posted:

I'm having a bit of trouble in Case 5, namely: how do I open the drat box?

Hint:
You can sit between two pictures

More explicit:
The third one goes between the tiger with crowd and the dragon with priestess

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I figure having Apollo in Khura'in is as much a reason to be able to keep the new court gimmick around as it is a reason to keep him on the sidelines.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I guess the vacation justification for the setting wouldn't really make sense over a long time frame.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Waffleman_ posted:

Edit: Also is Spirit of Justice the first subtitle in the series that is explicitly related to the content of the game? Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations are vague legal-themed terms, and I still don't know whose destinies were dual. But Spirit of Justice is all about spiritual stuff, justice, and Apollo Justice.

Whole game Also one of your final deductions comes from communing with, literally, the spirit of Justice - Jove Justice. :haw: A good name for a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Waffleman_ posted:

poo poo, the AA wiki revealed to me that Khura'inese script is stylized hiragana turned upside down!

Now I know what Nahyuta's sutra is! Satora imaoman domosamashi detashinuke taregasayo sonoka!

Huh. A couple looked like stylised katakana the right way up, but I stopped thinking about it when looking at the third character disproved that. Neat.