Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Iwhat're your guys first thoughts so far. im thinking about buying this after work. choose your words carefully, 40 smackers hang in the balance

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

It's the scope of DQVII which might be one of the most JRPGs ever made melded with the aesthetic of DQVIII + a job system. The only thing I wish it had was tension system because I really liked that in 8 but I bet it probably wouldn't work with a job system.

the most what JRPGs ever made. anyways you've sold me. i hope Walmart carries it cause GameStop is closed

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Just got home. Had to go to two fwiggin Walmarts to find a copy.. Time to get comfy.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

This game is awesome

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Just finished up the first island. Judging from the amount of pillars in the Assembly Room, I think this game is going to be long.. Can't be quite sure though

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

elf help book posted:

they run away a lot in this

ya like a third of the time they just run. it seems like it happens more often when you run into a big group too

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Once maribel learned Bang the whole game done changed. It kills almost everything in one hit and hits all enemies.. Oh mama

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I really love how each island has its own dialect. This game has a lot of character

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

how many islands in do you unlock the job system. i just finished French animal zone, how much longer?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

It took me about 15 hours. You've got 2 or 3 more islands after French animals iirc.

*3000 page megathread voice* we're halfway there!!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

elf help book posted:

i just got to that animal island and i love the structure of this game, its fun to see the problems everyones having and solving them real quick

Me too. Normally I don't like this type of episodic story pacing but this game is just so charming I can't help but love it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Getting to save the day at least once per play session warms my lil heart

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I've never finished a JRPG in my life. this is going to be the one. I will beat it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

elf help book posted:

i talked to a squirrel and he handed me a seed of magic

me to.

e: Too*

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

tumor looking batty posted:

Hmm the translation seems real good

It's amazing

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

I got a healslime heart and I can turn one of my party members into a healslime. Also I love the travelers tablet stuff, it's nice to just do some story free dungeon crawling in between the narrative arcs on each island. I haven't found the guy who runs the monster meadows though so I can start generating my own.

The only one of these mechanics that I'm familiar with is the tablet thing and it pwns. All that other poo poo sounds epic as hell too. This game is ftw

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

Heaps up rediscover: Greenthumb Gardens, which the island immediately after the robot castle, is probably the only part of the game I didn't like and can get kind of frustating, so, stay strong.

Ya so far I'm just dealing with this gently caress tard and his realtionship problems

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

resetting over and over again til i get optimal seed of strength rolls FTW

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

Lol that's not really necessary because a) the game isn't that difficult and b) you can grind infinite seeds later if you want

Ya after the first reset I realized that the time vs reward ratio was garbage but then i got 3 +3 strength rolls in a row so i got the benefits anyway.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

gently caress... I'm missing a tablet piece for the next area. -.- I really don't want to have to comb over every fuckin where I've been so far looking for it.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Woah. Menu -> Info -> Next Tablet Fragment tells you where to go for the next piece. This game is epic

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Im on my way to the mountains and they put a church on the world map out in the middle of nowhere just cause it'd be convenient for the player and theres a little cat that heals your party when you talk to it lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Time to unlocking vocations: 14:16. The real DQ7 starts here..

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Lol just kidding. I got tricked by a bad guy. Should've known it wouldn't be that easy

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

cool/morbid easter egg i found: spoilers for the island right before alltrade abbey after kiefer leaves the party to hang out with the roamers, when you go to the island in the present theres a gravestone in the mountain pass that says here lies the dancer of the roamers or w/e and her faithful guardian aka kiefer. RIP

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Actual time to unlocking vocations: 16:31

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

hero - martial artist, maribel - mage, ruff - warrior

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

triple post, ftw, etc etc... anyways @In Training the next tablet fragment info thing is telling me theres one in pilgrims perdition.. do i really have to backtrack through all that dungeong poo poo to get back there or is there a better way now. im using you as a strategy guide because i cant find any of this info online

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Yup I found that out mere moments after making that post :sweatdrop:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Spending 30 minutes teleporting around the map trying to find the excavation site because there's nowhere to look at a world map with location names on it >>>

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I still haven't found it.

e: found it

Mr. Sophistication fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 22, 2016

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Crimson Harvest posted:

Too lazy and the menu too laggy for me to bother with that.

????????

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Crimson Harvest posted:

Is it not laggy for you? It feels like a few frames of lag with every single menu input to me. I'm not managing 4 characters with 30 pages of skills with that kind of crappy menu.

theres a little lag but its not enough to make me not want to control my own party members like some kind of hosed up retard. it is annoying though

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i lost count of how many islands I e done. probably like 9 or 10 though.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Get on my level scrubs. Boo yah

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

disregard.. I've learned how to not be retarded

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

I did a sidequest on the world map in between island hopping and the reward was a whole new character :pwn:

o.o was it one of the peeps on the box?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I feel like I'm missing out out on some stuff.. I only have a heal slime heart and nobody is living at the haven.. think I might spend some time tonight getting cozy and looking for the monster people. or maybe that would he tedious and not cozy at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

lol I've missed all of them. I only have the one you find in pilchard bay

• Locked thread