Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

estard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it's because america is the greatest nation in history and we're all laughing at the eurotards for 4 months while we get to enjoy classic games like infamous: second son and killzone 4: zone of the kill months before the french

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

I beat Dragon Warrior on NES as a kid and it blew my mind when I found out there was an entire series that was hugely popular.

i got it for free from nintendo power :cheers:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I like that over 30 years later even in parts of DQVIII they kept the idea that crossing a bridge means the enemies will be stronger in the next area

hyeah dog

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i want this game in my fat gamer hands now :flame:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i will kick amazon's rear end if the prime shipping is thru the regular mail [mail lady doesn't come until like 4-5pm] instead of the rude ontrac indian man who just throws stuff at the door before driving off at 90 mph [usually shows up around noon]

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Shipped Sep 14 Arriving today

:worship:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Back then the term “tsundere” hadn’t yet been invented, however (laughs).

rumiko takahashi invented tsundere in urusei yatsura but they did not have a name for it yet edit: oh they said term gah!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

An update on your order of Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past: currently out for delivery, expected to arrive before 8pm Thursday, September 15 :stare: :siren:

:bernpop::dogstare::smugbert::harambe: hth

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Sugimura -Up until that point in the series you couldn’t converse with your party members, so when you selected the “Talk” command when facing a direction that no one in particular was standing in, it would just display, “There’s no one there.” I remember that we discussed changing that because it was kind of sad when that happened. lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i also hnow have the gmae

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the pop in is really bad and theres some anyone slowdown during the camera moves during fights . not a huge deal because it's dragon quest and not devil may cry 3 or whatever but still a little annoying. hopefully not so bad in dq8. the music is really good tho and the actual enemies look cute. AND the translation is really good so far iirc the orginial dq7 [i didn't play very far] had kind of a slipshod translation that didn't have much charm or personality like ff7's :twisted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

the slowdown is apparently only in the English version, something with how the text is rendered. Possible the 3ds has the wrong kind of RAM for the font kerning they used LMFAO!!!!!!!! it may get patched

squeenix got yospOWNED

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

It's the scope of DQVII which might be one of the most JRPGs ever made melded with the aesthetic of DQVIII + a job system. The only thing I wish it had was tension system because I really liked that in 8 but I bet it probably wouldn't work with a job system.

euum the original dq7 had a job system

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I'm getting anxious to unlock job system because combat hasn't really changed in about 10 hours

i have some news about dragon quest combat over the past 3 decades OP

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the fov is so drat small you end up walking into monsters every two steps in dungeons anyway so it's not that different than a normal dq game ahaha

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it's weird how 9 handled this better

i never got very far in dq9, i should give it a whirl someday

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i saved ballymolloy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i liked when the german accents said tschussi i was not expecting it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the streetpass guy said i have too man street passes active and have to disable one da fugg even after i spent 300 years deciding that i'm a lazy roguish sommnelier

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the estard and pilchard english isn't very goofy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

one thing i appreciate is that the exit/stairs sound has basically stayed the same since the nes dq1 accross every game,

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I think almost every sound is. at least, theyve gone back and used the same sounds for every remake/rerelease for the last 15 years

yes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Ive got 3 advanced classes now and my team is crushing. Its kinda lame that not every advanced class leads to one of the ultra classes though, Id have to start from square one now if I want to move somebody towards the master classes

it was like that in the snes version of dq6 you had to master a combo of classes, idk how it was in the remake

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like how in el cielo SPOIlER, kind of i guess the main baddy behind the time loop doesn't mention the dark lord and just wants to troll a bunch of mexicans

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

owned

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i kept waiting in line there but it stopped moving when i was in line

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the best skill so far is the shepard one that puts all enemies to sleep

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

one of the npcs in stilton on the sea says i don't want a dicky tummy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

nintendo is run by cucks timb cucks in fact so i did not post it on miiverse but you must believe me he says dicky tummy. edit: fuuuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

DQ Builders seems decent but I'm not a fan of the genre in general so I'm gonna wait for it to be 20 bucks or w/e

yeah

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like how the tallest tower in the world isn't the one everyone survives noah's flood in, its the other tower around the corner

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

two tower....diD dragon quest 7 predict 9/11???

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

do you keep your skills from monster classes or do u lose em? might try makin gramps like a healslime chimera combo he has high wisdom [spellz], instead of the normal classes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Monster classes keep your spells even if you change yeah, but just so you know the only thing wisdom does in this game is decrease damage taken by enemy spells, it doesn't actually affect your spell casting ability, those are just flat calculations based on the spell

i see

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

What does style do

you want maribel to be stylish as possible so she can get to the top of the beauty board. don't let her down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

pirate class gets thin air and it doesn't even have a marginal mp cost like in dq8 @__@

• Locked thread