Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Ugh the Vertigo Shade was a very dark, mature and intellectual story. I hope they aren't now turning it into some "Batgirl of Burnside" teeny bopper bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Edge & Christian posted:

The POV character for the first year or so of Milligan's Shade the Changing Man was a teenage girl. Here's the first page of the first issue!

I do so hope they don't let stinky loving stupid girl poo poo infect this DARK MATURE AND INTELLECTUAL STORY of a Sphinx with JFK's head and wacky gender bending at a hotel and a giant baby and talking alligators, the one perfect true vision of a DARK MATURE AND INTELLECTUAL STORY.

Also seriously, are you the American Dracula that used to write for Wizard World? Your weird hatred of change and very strong feelings about woman and minorities make this seem like a reasonable question.

What the hell are you talking about?

She was 23 years old at the BEGINNING of the story and stuff like the kennedy sphinx had a deeper meaning it wasn't just for the sake of being wacky like you seem to think.

I'm not from wizard and actually hate that magazine. Funny coincidence though (except I don't have any "strong feelings" towards women)

Alucard Nacirema fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 18, 2016

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
Doom Patrol #1 is the best comic i've ever read in my 25 years of reading comics. #Comicofthedecadeconfirmed

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

WickedHate posted:

The original Shade run(well, most of it) was one of my favorite comics ever and despite any previous hesitance I was really satisfied with The Changing Girl. I noticed that in a hypothetical alternate world where Doctor Who never came back in 2005 you could change a few things and have Loma be a teenage Time Lord who stole the TARDIS after growing up idolizing the Doctor. I like that.

If you are referring to the Milligan series thats actually the second run. The first is by Steve Ditko. Then the character had a stint in John Ostrander's Suicide Squad for awhile before merging with the prisoner that kickstarted Milligans run.

• Locked thread