Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This week's cave Carson was great again. Wild dog being a just a bland crazy guy is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The best part about doom Patrol is it uses all but the lovely Byrne run.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Shovelmint posted:

I enjoyed the Arcudi Doom Patrol quite a bit, even though [because] it was basically like 22 issues of infighting, failure, and weirdness. Very little actual super-teaming, even when they were doing exactly that.

I honestly forgot all about this and haven't seen a reference to this series yet.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hemingway To Go! posted:

So uh I just read Keith Giffen's run to prepare for this, because Morrison's Doom Patrol is still my favorite comic.
People actually liked this comic? People actually thought this was a good use of Morrison's stories? People actually thought mr. nobody smashing the toys face in was good comics and not just the usual dc trash? I really hate Dc comics at this point and this run was full of reminders why.

I like the new young animal comic alright but I kind of wish they'd just have started a new continuity with a similar ideas and themes instead of continuing to drag out a long and confused continuity with characters who don't really have anywhere to go now. Make some original new characters with super powered injuries. I just really don't like continuity and passing characters between writers at this point.

Yep I liked it.

Edit: I'm thinking about dropping Shade. 6 issues in and the art is gorgeous, but I'm not thrilled by the story.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 22, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This looks, sounds, and reads amazing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Shovelmint posted:

Good! I'm several issues behind, but I'm glad it's going well. I've got the Doom Patrol Silver Age omnibus sitting in shrink wrap waiting to be read too.

It is really good. Get that unwrapped.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Oh cool. I hope it isn't a too heavy of a crossover. I'm pretty sure all the YA books are in continuity but them being mostly independent is good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

The depiction of a character in DC continuity limbo is something else in Milk Wars #4. A crucifixion involving DC logo stigmata. I hope that's hard, hard canon.

I almost feel like so much of DP #11 is explained so far, that they might as well skip it and try and get 12 out faster.

Who was it for those not buying weekly.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Rita Farr, Elasti-Girl.

Ah! I was wondering when they would pop up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Confirmation that every Young Animal title other than Doom Patrol is ending at #6 of their rebrands.
http://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive-dcs-young-animal-winds-down-for-now-but-doom-patrol-will-return/

This sucks. Cave Carson is very good book.

• Locked thread